Page 230 of 719 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 10783

From X-Men Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    From X-Men Monday
    "May everyone finally realize in 2021 that I am the Queen Supreme of Psychics....!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Personal interpretation here, okay? This is *not* canon.

I think Jean's powers, especially her telekinesis, are only limited by herself. Personally, I dislike Teen Jean with a passion but, in my opinion, if she served for anything it was to show how much hidden potential Jean has. And this: that she has hidden potential, that she hasn't explored this potential yet, is now canon.

What that means, though, is open to speculation. So why wouldn't Jean have explored her powers more? Well, because her powers are, quite frankly, scary. Because she knows how much she enjoys being powerful and she has lived through a quite traumatic experience about what she can do when she loses control.

If you think about all the applications of what total mind-over-matter ability can do, you can understand why would be scared she'd lose her humanity. Just some examples: you can affect the biochemistry of any living creature, you can break atomic bounds and desintegrate objects/beings, you can change the vibrational level of atomic and subatomic structures, increasing and decreasing temperature, eventually affecting entropic levels, you can decrease movement so much you can reach 0 K (absolute zero), you can compress matter to the point of singularity and create a mini black hole wherever you want, you can fold space, change the orbits of planets, create wormholes, you can aggregate matter and compress it, you can ignite nuclear fusion and transform planets into impossible stars, you can move sub-atomic particles around to affect electricity, you can work with the whole spectrum on quantum probabilities and chose the most unlikely ones, etc.. etc... And that's only her telekinesis!

What makes her children seem more powerful, though? I think it's because they don't need to unlock their potential as much. I think Scott's DNA give them that potency, that impactful nature to their powers from the get go. Jean and Scott's children don't have the choice to hold back.

The question is, then: did they lose part of their potential in order to gain that "punch"? Maybe. They only have half of Jean's DNA. Who knows?

As for Rachel being the best host, yeah, you can argue that. But the problem is that people who argue that usually don't consider lots of factors around Rachel's experience with the Phoenix Force. They just bring the argument: "she did this and that and she was amazing and she never lost control".

They never seem to consider that she never held the whole Phoenix Force. At least one fragment was always with either Madelyne or Jean. And, at times, Force itself is shown acting towards Rachel like a mother, limiting itself, guiding Rachel.

That being said, Rachel was conceived and gestated by a Jean Grey who was merged with the Phoenix. Who knows how it affects her?

At the same time, while the Force keeps coming back to Jean, keeps saving her (in the shuttle, against Madelyne, near the sun), it seems perfectly fine abandoning Rachel.

So, you see? It's a complicated matter and people who make it seem simple aren't considering lots of other important things.
    Yep, Rachel relationship to the Phoenix is very different from Jean. Phoenix considers Rachel as something like a daughter, it is different from being the one true host

Abigail Cowen

FB_IMG_1621879614842.jpg

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    "May everyone finally realize in 2021 that I am the Queen Supreme of Psychics....!"
    It is 2 years pass time that the true Queen of Psionics was treated as such especially because she; is FOREVER incapable of doing something with her OMEGA LEVEL TELEPATHY. In fact has ANY other Omega level struggled with their abilities as much as Jean has in this era?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Would someone mind pointing out where Jean is struggling to use her telepathy because I can't find it.

(Because it doesn't exist.)
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It is 2 years pass time that the true Queen of Psionics was treated as such especially because she; is FOREVER incapable of doing something with her OMEGA LEVEL TELEPATHY. In fact has ANY other Omega level struggled with their abilities as much as Jean has in this era?
    I'm still waiting for Exodus to use his powers

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Would someone mind pointing out where Jean is struggling to use her telepathy because I can't find it.

(Because it doesn't exist.)

Oh that's easy!

And this issue hasn't even come out yet lol, but seriously though Jean struggles way too often for an Omega Level telepath although that is not a problem which started in this era!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'm still waiting for Exodus to use his powers

Same, Way of X could use him, alas I feel like we're never going to get him in an on-going title.

King in Black #4. best Jean Grey issue in years. Just phenomenal!!! Omega level Psy galore.

Oh that's easy!

And this issue hasn't even come out yet lol, but seriously though Jean struggles way too often for an Omega Level telepath although that is not a problem which started in this era!

Same, Way of X could use him, alas I feel like we're never going to get him in an on-going title.
    But I do not think this is a power issue. It seems like Karma and her brother cannot be separated while she is currently alive, but only through death, then their minds/bodies can be separated by bringing each one back individually. X with Cerebro is probably stronger than Jean (Cerebro amplifies him at least 10X if not 20X) and he could not separate them.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

King in Black #4 was added to Marvel Unlimited today. I just read it. Jean was magnificent! Best Jean I have read since Morrison. Powerful, confident, intelligent - and a true leader. Loved it!

But I do not think this is a power issue. It seems like Karma and her brother cannot be separated while she is currently alive, but only through death, then their minds/bodies can be separated by bringing each one back individually. X with Cerebro is probably stronger than Jean (Cerebro amplifies him at least 10X if not 20X) and he could not separate them.
    I see the the situation with Karma and her brother as something similar to conjoined twins. In some instances, no matter how skilled a surgeon is, it's impossible to separate the 2 without killing one or both of them. The resurrection protocols just bypasses that and allows them to each get their own bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I see the the situation with Karma and her brother as something similar to conjoined twins. In some instances, no matter how skilled a surgeon is, it's impossible to separate the 2 without killing one or both of them. The resurrection protocols just bypasses that and allows them to each get their own bodies.
    So you are agreeing with what I said---that it is not a (loss of) power issue on Jean's part?

At least Jean’s still wearing green in her Gala outfit.

For those who do not know, green and red are complimentary colors, or opposite colors, in modern color theory, most color models, and multiple design applications, from clothes, to marketing, to logos, and way beyond. As such, green and red go great together. See Christmas for details.

Hope they go back to the mini after the Gala. It sure seems like they will.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This, thanks.

People can be upset about her lack of telekineiss all they want. I want to see it more, too. But we're not about to act like Jean hasn't been having feats out the ass with regards to her telepathy since the Orchis mission.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey