Page 231 of 719 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    At least Jean’s still wearing green in her Gala outfit.

For those who do not know, green and red are complimentary colors, or opposite colors, in modern color theory, most color models, and multiple design applications, from clothes, to marketing, to logos, and way beyond. As such, green and red go great together. See Christmas for details.

Hope they go back to the mini after the Gala. It sure seems like they will.
    There are combinations that can work better than complimentary colours because those are, in fact, the ones which clash the most - by definition. Here, have fun, if you will:

https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel

Now, of course, colour theory aside, matters of taste are personal.

--

Somewhat unrelated: who let the trolls out? :D

I'm sorry, I can't stop thinking of "who let the dogs out" song.... I have a weird sense of humour. :P

As far as telepaths being conveniently nerfed it happens to them all. Look at X-men 3 where Emma couldn't read the minds of Hordeculture. I'm not sure if it was eventually explained or not but in the issue she's like "I can't read them somehow". It did remind of Jean in Uncanny Disassembled where Jean's telepathy was being blocked by something (something being Nate Grey if I recall correctly). I'm sure we can find examples for Xavier as well.

Sometimes psychic characters interfere with the plot. Remember Phoebe in Charmed? They phased out both her premonition and empathy during the season where the big bad was someone close to them (a psychic character is problematic when you are trying to have the big bad in plain sight and do a betrayal and reveal).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think it's important to note that Jean's hair is ginger and, as such, is often colored more as a natural orange color than red. And orange and green go fantastically together.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think it's important to note that Jean's hair is ginger and, as such, is often colored more as a natural orange color than red. And orange and green go fantastically together.
    Originally, and most of the time, her hair is coloured ruby red. Darker greens, especially the ones with blue hues on it, look great with that tone. But her uniforms are usually bright green. That's what I meant: on the shades that are more frequently used, they clash. That being said: it's a matter of taste. Some people like contrasting colours. That's okay.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Originally, and most of the time, her hair is coloured ruby red. Darker greens, especially the ones with blue hues on it, look great with that tone. But her uniforms are usually bright green. That's what I meant: on the shades that are more frequently used, they clash. That being said: it's a matter of taste. Some people like contrasting colours. That's okay.
    Her hair is only colored ruby red now by bad colorists and honestly, it's been that way since the 1980s. I kind of hate when it's colored that way because I like to think of it as being one of the ways that Jean can be differentiated from Rachel, whose hair I always envision as being that super red color. It's kind of why I like to see Rachel in blues and blacks.

Also, for the record, I do prefer Jean to be in darker greens like the Phoenix costume and her X-Men Blue look. She also looks good in super faint greens like her All New X-Men costume.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Best Jean Grey = RED hair, current era has seen the lamest version of her tp and tk, really nothing to brag about, she never feels like an omega, even Kid Omega is more creative, a snooze fest salad with a lame outdated costume on top.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Red and green, and close shades and tints thereof do not actually clash. You might not like it, but they don’t clash. In modern color theory, they are actually considered harmonious. You can say contrasting, but the terms are actually “complimentary colors” or “opposite colors,” opposite due to their positions on color wheels. In some color models, green and purple or violet are the complimentary colors, but it’s generally reds, in which purples and violets would fall, and greens. And, for that matter, blues and yellows, etc.

Also, for the record, I do prefer Jean to be in darker greens like the Phoenix costume and her X-Men Blue look. She also looks good in super faint greens like her All New X-Men costume.
    It’s interesting to me that you perceive the Phoenix design as dark green. On the covers, circa X-Men #101, the colors are more saturated and thus a bit darker, but it’s a pretty bright green, almost like a Kelly green, almost pure blue and yellow, or maybe a bit lighter. On the inside pages, it is a tint, and a fairly light tint at that. I don’t want to guess at the formulation, but it’s not dark. Are there any Marvel comic pros who could tell us what color and tint is used for Phoenix?
    Last edited by Brian B; 05-24-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Red and green, and close shades and tints do not actually clash. In modern color theory, they are actually considered harmonious. You can say contrasting, but the terms are actually complimentary colors or opposite colors. In some color models, green and purple or violet are the complimentary colors, but it’s generally reds and greens. And, for that matter, blues and yellows, etc.
    Indeed, many heroes, Jean included, have had red/ green, blue /yellow and even green/purple (Lorna) as costume colors.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jean is no ordinary ginger. I prefer Jean with intense Ruby red hair as depicted in the comics and animated series. Dare I say that her unique shade of hair color could be part of her mutation? Also, I’ve always envisioned Jean with intense emerald green eyes. Characters like Banshee and The lovely Siryn can have the traditional ginger hair. I remember in Evolution cartoon Rogue mocked Jean “this is my natural hair color,” with jealousy.

Green and gold do look wonderful on Jean but let’s not limit her color choices. A dark shade of blood red also looks killer on her, and even if she hasn’t worn it before, Jean would look stunning in purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Jean is no ordinary ginger....
    Wow! LMAO! That is quite the statement. I don’t even know what to say to that, LoL!

Green and gold do look wonderful on Jean but let’s not limit her color choices. A dark shade of blood red also looks killer on her, and even if she hasn’t worn it before, Jean would look stunning in purple.
    She looks great in black, too. Hell, I expressed on another thread and I’ll say it here, too. Jean already owns couture fashion for Hellfire Galas. Duggan, Hickman and Jordan should have made her wear it again and really own it this time.

Fantastic Member

Jean's hair should ALWAYS be ruby red. Enough with the orange ginger tone.

This is tiring... Last message about it, guys. I’m not upset. I’m sorry, but this discussion is just not interesting to me. It was just a suggestion.

Her hair is only colored ruby red now by bad colorists and honestly, it's been that way since the 1980s.
    Of course, lighting conditions of the scene affect hair colour and artists nowadays tend to consider it. Every time there's a bright yellow light (fire, sun), her hair tends to go lighter to orange shades. On night-time conditions, her hair tends to get darker.

Still...

Since the 80s? The entire 90s she had ruby red hair. Most of Morrison's run, she had red hair (except when the fiery Phoenix efffect was around because, again, lighting). Teen Jean often had her hair coloured ruby red as well (more orange-y highlights on X-Men: Blue, though, but still quite red). Same for adult Jean in Uncanny X-Men.

X-Men: Red more consistently coloured her hair with more orange-y tones. That's true. But that's likely to give some colour variation since most of her uniform was red.

For Krakoa era:

House of X/Powers of X was very red. Same for X-Men, except for issue 16, when Jean had blue eyes: Noto seems to prefer this combination and an overall less saturated palette. And some panels of X-Men 17, when she was wearing - again - a red uniform...

Cable - same as X-Men 16, same artist.

X-Force, it's mostly painted as red (often with shades of pink because of her power).

Red and green, and close shades and tints thereof do not actually clash. You might not like it, but they don’t clash.
    Please, read clash as "the most contrasting colours possible", which is exactly why complementary colours are placed opposite on the colour wheel.

Not that it matters, but I actually like them together when one is the main colour and the other is the accent colour ("Accent colors are colors that are used for emphasis in a color scheme. These colors can often be bold or vivid and are used sparingly, to emphasize, contrast or create rhythm. More toned down colors such as neutrals or darker shades can also be used depending on the surroundings.")

Like I said on my original post about colours, though, I prefer when Jean's hair is super long, that means we get quite a lot of red, that means red isn't an accent colour anymore, which is why I prefer other colours or even other shades of green that are not as diametrically opposed to Jean's hair colour.

Yes, it is about preference. My original post was about preference as well and it was aimed as a suggestion, not an imposition of my taste.

Jean is no ordinary ginger. I prefer Jean with intense Ruby red hair as depicted in the comics and animated series. Dare I say that her unique shade of hair color could be part of her mutation? Also, I’ve always envisioned Jean with intense emerald green eyes. Characters like Banshee and The lovely Siryn can have the traditional ginger hair. I remember in Evolution cartoon Rogue mocked Jean “this is my natural hair color,” with jealousy.

Although some people (particularly children) have that super red hair, I’ve wondered if her hair colour could indeed be part of her mutation. I also imagine her eyes to be of an intense emerald green colour. :)

And yes: I wouldn’t like her to be limited to green either. Redheads look amazing in so many other colours (including white and black), which is why I was stupid enough to mention it.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-24-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Yes, Yes, Yes!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

As much as I like Jean with very red hair I also like it when it is orangish. I'm thinking of Uncanny X-men 356-357. The color was good in those issues imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Best Jean Grey = RED hair, current era has seen the lamest version of her tp and tk, really nothing to brag about, she never feels like an omega, even Kid Omega is more creative, a snooze fest salad with a lame outdated costume on top.
    All of this is by design lol. They're just making sure she doesn't outshine the main character. I just realized the "only one omega power" rule was created specifically to edit against big TK displays from Jean. Literally the only reason for it lmao

Jean is too much of a natural spectacle for the Mary Jane role. Smh