Page 232 of 719 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 10783

i really don't like the bright orange on her, she looks more badass and special with the red hair (not Mary Jane's type of red but it's way darker than the orange)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i really don't like the bright orange on her, she looks more badass and special with the red hair (not Mary Jane's type of red but it's way darker than the orange)

Yes yes thank you
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    All of this is by design lol. They're just making sure she doesn't outshine the main character. I just realized the "only one omega power" rule was created specifically to edit against big TK displays from Jean. Literally the only reason for it lmao

Jean is too much of a natural spectacle for the Mary Jane role. Smh
    It really makes you wonder, Every single direct intervention operated on Jean by Hickman has in one way or the other diminished/devolved her in some form
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I wonder if any fan has asked Hickman what his take on Jean currently is? Or asked him why he is doing this and that with Jean? Or would he consider that being picked-on by fans?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I do think they decided Jean wasn't an omega tk to keep her from being too Jean as Phoenix like. That is just a personal opinion based on nothing. However being a too powerful telepath comes with its own problems - the constant need for telepathy not to work, constant psi-blockers, etc.

The rule that omega mutants only have one power at omega level seems to have been designed to limit characters and keep them from being overly powerful (being mindful of power creep). Exodus is an omega tk but so far isn't used (though that should change with Planet Sized X-men). I've always found Jean's tk more interesting than tp but I do love both powers. She has a great powerset. The only problem is there are a lot of characters with the same powers.

With Planet Size X-men I'd love to see Jean, Exodus, and Quire do something in tandem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder if any fan has asked Hickman what his take on Jean currently is? Or asked him why he is doing this and that with Jean? Or would he consider that being picked-on by fans?
    Anything critical/non-praising would be taken badly. That said, no critical questions would be answered as interviews are meant to be puffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Anything critical/non-praising would be taken badly. That said, no critical questions would be answered as interviews are meant to be puffy.
    Yeah, that is what I thought. We are caught between a rock and a boulder, lol.....

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I think that fans mostly had the chance to ask about the costume, but some asked him on twitter about his bad characterization on HOX.
    I don't think he cares to answer any questions about Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think that fans mostly had the chance to ask about the costume, but some asked him on twitter about his bad characterization on HOX.
    I don't think he cares to answer any questions about Jean
    Yeah, probably not.

To be honest my friend I really could not care less about what he thinks, I resolved to just ignore him, writers these days just want to be praised or else. I love the extra money I’m not spending anymore and donating half of it to charity is the cherry on top good riddance !

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To be honest my friend I really could not care less about what he thinks, I resolved to just ignore him, writers these days just want to be praised or else. I love the extra money I’m not spending anymore and donating half of it to charity is the cherry on top good riddance !
    That is a good outlook for fans rather than feel "helpless" to whatever the writers do to us. Also a benefit for the charity too! You always make me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yeah, better send money anywhere else.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah, probably not.
    Well...obviously. If he's asked such a pointedly assinine question.
    Just because a few Jean fans think his Jean was badly written doesn't mean that other Jean fans (like myself) think that. And he himself clearly does not think he mis-characterised her. So that question was a pointless bait.

(How could he truthfully answer a question he does not agree with? Other than to say, "Sorry. But I don't agree with that? Then...Why should he have apologise for the work he believes in? So yes, that would have been a colossal waste of his time and energy.)

Thankfully he learned early on to disregard that sort of foolishness and does not engage with those who have nothing of import to contribute. A lot more creators should take example.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-25-2021 at 05:45 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...obviously. If he's asked such a pointedly assinine question.
    Just because a few Jean fans think his Jean was badly written doesn't mean that other Jean fans (like myself) think that. And he himself clearly does not think he mis-characterised her. So that question was a pointless bait.

(How could he truthfully answer a question he does not agree with? Other than to say, "Sorry. But I don't agree with that? Then...Why should he have apologise for the work he believes in? So yes, that would have been a colossal waste of his time and energy.)

Thankfully he learned early on to disregard that sort of foolishness and does not engage with those who have nothing of import to contribute. A lot more creators should take example.
    Not at all what I meant.

Someone could ask, "What is your take on Jean Grey? How powerful? Do you like her being a TK/TP combo? What powers do you want to highlight? Why? What are your favorite things about Jean?"

Not about agreeing or disagreeing. Or liking or disliking. I thought you would have known that by now that is not how I talk. Just trying to understand his vision.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know exactly what you meant. I wasn't really disagreeing with you. I was simply showing why and how such a loaded question would not have been considered worthy of an answer.
    And if yours were the questions asked then that fan might have been given a thoughtful response except...they weren't the question asked. Instead HiX-Man had to deal with some gawd-awful little shit (not for the first time) looking for a confrontation to justify his (or her) bruised fanaticism.

We fans need to do better. Be better (not saying we all have to fawn at their feet heaping praise upon praise because that is just as stupid and as pointless as the other extreme. Just learn to engage thoughtfully and respectfully.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!