Page 235 of 719 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not to start the Movie discussion, but Yeah, they did that to Jean in X-Men Apocalypse too, when they were in the Helicopter and they turned on some type of electrical device. In that movie, Jean for all her power could only unlock a few of Wolverine's memories. But does that mean that another TP would not have been able to do even that?
    I understand tht she is a teenager and not in her full power on Apocalypse. I know the movies love to nerf Jean, but at least here there is a context. i think xavier also put some blocks on her ower levels.

I agree that Jean need to have some feats so we can hav a clear difference of her level from likes of Xavier and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I feel the same way. Teen Jean used her powers in creative ways under Bendis’s pen. Would be amazing to see the adult version be just as creative. (Fingers crossed.)
    Would you want Bendis back on X-Men, though? I sure wouldn’t.

It's time for Tom Taylor or Bendis to write to Jean again ... (I liked the young Jean)

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    It's time for Tom Taylor or Bendis to write to Jean again ... (I liked the young Jean)
    Ick. No. Please, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not to start the Movie discussion, but Yeah, they did that to Jean in X-Men Apocalypse too, when they were in the Helicopter and they turned on some type of electrical device. In that movie, Jean for all her power could only unlock a few of Wolverine's memories. But does that mean that another TP would not have been able to do even that?
    In the movie verse, even Xavier had trouble with Logan, so the fact that Jean was able to do what she did as a teen was actually impressive given the context

Agreed. Jean benefited greatly from both of them. Though I am intrigued by Duggan

both were great. I know bendis isn't DC exclusive anymore

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    both were great. I know bendis isn't DC exclusive anymore
    Bendis is so it's really a one hit wonder whose only claim to fame is his Ultimate Spider-Man run. He completely fails to capture his characters voices, his plotting is a mess and he leaves way too many plot threads dangling by the time he wraps up his stories.

I almost quit reading the X-Men back when he was in charge of the two flagships.
    Last edited by loke13; 05-25-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Neither Xavier nor Emma or QQ for that matter could have maintained the telepathic connection Jean displayed while on the Orchis base in HoX.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Neither Xavier nor Emma or QQ for that matter could have maintained the telepathic connection Jean displayed while on the Orchis base in HoX.
    Eh QQ is an Omega level tp too. So he theoretically COULD have kept the connection going as well.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Bendis is so it's really a one hit wonder whose only claim to fame is his Ultimate Spider-Man run. He completely fails to capture his characters voices, his plotting is a mess and he leaves way too many plot threads dangling by the time he wraps up his stories.

I almost quit reading the X-Men back when he was in charge of the two flagships.
    His ultim spider-man was good, but jessica Jones is his better job. His avengers was nice too.

I liked bendis on X-men, but editorial meddling made it a whole nothing

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh QQ is an Omega level tp too. So he theoretically COULD have kept the connection going as well.
    Except it was Jean chosen for the mission. I would say her greater experience would make her more adept at using and pushing her powers to such extreme limits.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Except it was Jean chosen for the mission. I would say her greater experience would make her more adept at using and pushing her powers to such extreme limits.
    She's also more disciplined whereas Quentin is an unpredictable impulsive firecracker. He would have prematurely gotten himself killed. He is very arrogant and would have wanted to join the fight and it would have been impossible for him to maintain that connection while also trying to fight

Astonishing Member

I'm not disagreeing. Jean is more experienced. But QQ has the same amount of potential to pull off what Jean did unlike Xavier or Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's also more disciplined whereas Quentin is an unpredictable impulsive firecracker. He would have prematurely gotten himself killed. He is very arrogant and would have wanted to join the fight and it would have been impossible for him to maintain that connection while also trying to fight
    Plus Jean has extreme levels of familiarity with both the Professor back on Earth as well as the teammates who went with her. It was known from the start to be a one way suicide mission and the information gathered was vital, they needed to resurrect the team with those acquired memories intact. Jean's familiarity with both ends of the telepathic transmission is almost impossible to duplicate, and would take years even then.

Plus with Jean being a powerful telekinetic as well means she can survive long enough for that to happen over other powerful telepaths who don't have as much defensive ability.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plus Jean has extreme levels of familiarity with both the Professor back on Earth as well as the teammates who went with her. It was known from the start to be a one way suicide mission and the information gathered was vital, they needed to resurrect the team with those acquired memories intact. Jean's familiarity with both ends of the telepathic transmission is almost impossible to duplicate, and would take years even then.

Plus with Jean being a powerful telekinetic as well means she can survive long enough for that to happen over other powerful telepaths who don't have as much defensive ability.
    The team wasnt resurected with any memories intact; those were lost. Jean's role was to confirm the deaths and if possible, that the mission was a success. She was the last one to die and before then, she confirmed everyone's deaths, which made it so The Five could resurrect them without fear that there were dupes out there
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-25-2021 at 05:03 PM.