Page 247 of 719 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Okay.

A.) I was joking, see the wink and smile. Although, it’s kinda true about Jean...

B.) I never said she wasn’t an Ethical Slut.

C.) Which is more ethically challenged? A woman cheating on her man, as you think Jean is doing to Scott, or doing what she’s doing with Scott’s full knowledge and participation, as I, and most of us believe?
    So you really think Jean is a slut. OK so much for being progressive.
    I don't think there was nothing funny about your post

Jean is barely the character that she was, so whatever

She isn’t really a woman. She’s a fictional character. She’s make-believe. She’s a fiction. She’s not a person.

Okay, okay — I won’t call her slutty ever again.

I appreciate Jean. I appreciate that she’s “living her best sexual life,” as Devaishwarya put it. As this is the Jean appreciation thread, this is the right place for it, I think.

Funny thing that we know zero about her sexual life. people are just creating headcanons.

there is appreciations thread about polyamor why not post there?

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Tonight’s doodle, Kurt and Jean amused by something.

Attachment 110016
    Very sweet art!!!
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-28-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Attachment 110016
    They’re laughing at this thread. :-)

Nice drawing!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    They’re laughing at this thread. :-)

Nice drawing!
    Quite possibly!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So you really think Jean is a slut. OK so much for being progressive.
    I don't think there was nothing funny about your post

Jean is barely the character that she was, so whatever

You aren't appreciateing Jean, you are tjust fetishizing her about your headcanon polyamor.

Funny thing that we know zero about her sexual life. people are just creating headcanons.

there is appreciations thread about polyamor why not post there?
    She’s not a person. She’s a character. Again, I never said she was not an ethical one. And I don’t condemn real people for living like this. It’s not my place.

It’s the 21st century. I’m an old man. I often feel like Captain America, as captioned in the page at the following link, even if it isn’t really Marvel. I often feel like, “Stay cool... It’s a different world than the one you grew up in... For Pete’s sake, don’t say anything that makes you sound like an out-of-touch old man... “

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/magn...bable-preview/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

That story was just a meme bleedingcool had around the time the axis retcon was done and this was tame compared to the one they got out in 2014 which just left me like "seriously?" if this is the alternative maybe they should keep them on universes appart, please and thank you marvel and it still angers me because this was also the time they insisted no, this doesn´t have anything to do with the movies, yeah sure.

Now about Jean, what I mainly don´t like about the "open relationship" bussines is that she´s once again being the supporting character to Scott and Logan manly needs and while I am sure she´s having a good time as well I don´t think this does much for her character or Logan´s and Scott´s for that matter.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-28-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    That story was just a meme bleedingcool had around the time the axis retcon was done and this was tame compared to the one they got out in 2014 which just left me like "seriously?" if this is the alternative maybe they should keep them on universes appart, please and thank you marvel and it still angers me because this was also the time they insisted no, this doesn´t have anything to do with the movies, yeah sure.

Now about Jean, what I mainly don´t like about the "open relationship" bussines is that she´s once again being the supporting character to Scott and Logan manly needs and while I am sure she´s having a good time as well I don´t think this does much for her character or Logan´s and Scott´s for that matter.
    You can't expect it to be relevant or bring character development when it is not defined or even worked. it only "exists" to generate some talk and that is it. Writers never mean for this be canon, it is just fans joking around.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree, yes it looks that way and I took it as an inside joke as well at first but then Percy made it part of the X-force so I got confused this looks to me like they can´t make their minds on which ship they like more so they are teasing both without much intention to really explain why it makes logical sense in the story and I think all those characters can do better than that.

They all have hurted the other in such big ways that I just can´t buy all of them being together without problems or a few discussions at least.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-28-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Emma and Scott have been in a committed relationship one sanctioned by Jean herself all throughout the Utopia Era...that's the canon I'm talking about.
    While she's not an active part of the polyamory...she's and Scott have been shown to still have some genuine affection for each other...in X-Men 04, I believe.

That indeed is witten in the pages... But, lets be honest here -- that scene was purely BS. Jean had just survived the greatest EM source known to Earth -- Sol... And, then for irony Morrison scripted Xorneto (not!) doing what our Star/Sun could not -- kill her!
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-28-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She is only special to them if a writer coveniently reminder it. Mariko is a lot more special to Logan than Jean, but is ignored as she isn't white.
    People are special in different ways. Not all of them are romantically. Besides, you can have more than one special person in your life, right?

If Jean and Scott ever divorce, they’ll still be special for each other, even if they come to love someone else. They spent a good 20 years of their lives together, they were best friends, they were married, they raised a child together. One doesn't simply erase that. They’ll always be special for each other.

From the moment they met, Jean's always been kind to Logan. You could argue that her acceptance of him on the team was what made all the other X-Men eventually accept him, which gradually but drastically improved his behaviour. Being an X-Men really changed him. So she’ll always be special for him too.

I agree Jean doesn´t have to limit her habilities and I don´t think she needs to be single to be able to do that, it would be nice if Scott or Logan are there with her while she´s exploring her habilities.
    I agree. I don’t see why past bad writing has to limit the character when it’s been written by different writer almost 20 years later.

After all, nothing prevents a writer to write a female character, who happens to in a romantic relationship, as strong and tridimensional.

My favorite scenes from her are when he´s using her powers in creative ways, like when she cleaned out the psychic mark of Bastion and Operation Zero Tolerance so I am excited to see her do some of that in the new X-men book and see how she relates to Rogue now that they are both married and Lorna.
    I really want to see them interacting and dragging Laura to go have fun with them. :)

If it’s some activity where children are allowed, I’d love Jean to take Gaby too. The poor girl seems so alone and they had such heartfelt interactions in X-Men: Red.

I know it’s too much to ask. But one can dream, right? :)

Now about the open relationship: I don´t know what to make of it and it doesn´t look interesting to me, I don´t think it has added anything to any of them, just some fun scenes for the reader to see,
    I agree. Why make this relationship happen if they’re not doing anything with it? That’s why I said it’s just allegory for Krakoa’s morality.

so I would like to see more scenes of how they are like on their internal dynamic and how they got over the whole having jealousy feelings and Scott´s relationship with Emma.
    Yes!

Both Jean and Scott have felt jealousy and insecurity when another person showed interest in their partner. And this has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with personality and/or past experiences who shaped them. Polyamory is not for everyone and, if you don’t ignore continuity, it’s not for those two characters either.

I sometimes feel like they forced a reunion without doing the character work to get them there so even if I like to see Jean and Scott together and like their "friendship" with Emma and Logan, I feel cheated of the story of how they got there so I can´t buy them being together even if it´s implied.
    I feel cheated too. How did this become a thing? Who suggested it? Was everyone okay with it? Is anyone feeling any regret?

What’s the point of creating this mess if nothing will come of it?

And the fact that they admitted that they are deliberately leaving things vague drive me nuts. I can think of two explanations here:

1) This is actually part of something weird that is going on in Krakoa, which would also explain why so many characters feel so off.
    2) They don’t have any plans for this relationship and it’s aimed just to get people talking about it. And we won't know anything for sure during this run. It will be years until a writer decides to retcon or make it plain as day.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-28-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thanks so much for sharing! I need more interactions between them in the comics!!! :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    That indeed is witten in the pages... But, lets be honest here -- that scene was purely BS. Jean had just survived the greatest EM source known to Earth -- Sol... And, then for irony Morrison scripted Xorneto (not!) doing what our Star/Sun could not!
    Jean approved of Scott/Emma before the EMP. Half the reason Jean brought Emma back to life was because Scott needed her.

That, my friend, is Reason #7382726252527282928272625 why the character regression of forcing Jean back with Cyclops is such utter, tasteless trash.

She didn't water her reality with her heart's blood just to come back and be this whack, weak-sauce version of "Marvel Damsel". They won't let her grow!

Fantastic Member

Now about the open relationship: I don´t know what to make of it and it doesn´t look interesting to me, I don´t think it has added anything to any of them, just some fun scenes for the reader to see, so I would like to see more scenes of how they are like on their internal dynamic and how they got over the whole having jealousy feelings and Scott´s relationship with Emma. I sometimes feel like they forced a reunion without doing the character work to get them there so even if I like to see Jean and Scott together and like their "friendship" with Emma and Logan, I feel cheated of the story of how they got there so I can´t buy them being together even if it´s implied.
    This sums up my feelings on the whole thing. Nothing good has come of it and it feels like something they threw against the wall, and it has stuck. I found the disintegration of the Scott/Jean marriage to be the same. In no way organic, just a writer with a preference who goes "abracadabra." It makes it next to impossible for me to appreciate the development or have any investment.

I'm one of the few (around these parts) that enjoys Jean in romantic relationships. I feel like they allow us to see a fun and casual side of her. I thought she and Scott had some of the most romantic moments in comics during the course of their relationship. It was also a nice feather in her character hat to have one of the industries marquee relationships (once upon a time Scott/Jean were up there with Peter/MJ, Reed/Sue, Tony/Pepper, Bruce/Selina, Clark/Lois).

Oh well.

I agree, yes it looks that way and I took it as an inside joke as well at first but then Percy made it part of the X-force so I got confused this looks to me like they can´t make their minds on which ship they like more so they are teasing both without much intention to really explain why it makes logical sense in the story and I think all those characters can do better than that.

They all have hurted the other in such big ways that I just can´t buy all of them being together without problems or a few discussions at least.
    For me it is the editor letting the writer get away with it if he doesn't commit to it. Reading Wolverine you know that Logan is single and is even flirting with a new woman.

majority of the writers like Duggan and Hickman are committed to Jean/Scott. I dont think it is a shipper competition

You have to ignore entire continuity to believe on this working with these characters, completely rewrite their personalities.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quite possibly!
    Most certainly. This is one of the more hilarious app. threads in this forum
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    This sums up my feelings on the whole thing. Nothing good has come of it and it feels like something they threw against the wall, and it has stuck. I found the disintegration of the Scott/Jean marriage to be the same. In no way organic, just a writer with a preference who goes "abracadabra." It makes it next to impossible for me to appreciate the development or have any investment.

I'm one of the few (around these parts) that enjoys Jean in romantic relationships. I feel like they allow us to see a fun and casual side of her. I thought she and Scott had some of the most romantic moments in comics during the course of their relationship. It was also a nice feather in her character hat to have one of the industries marquee relationships (once upon a time Scott/Jean were up there with Peter/MJ, Reed/Sue, Tony/Pepper, Bruce/Selina, Clark/Lois).

Oh well.

Wholeheartedly agree.