Page 255 of 719 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Um she's an Omega level TP so if other Omegas are needeed for a mission it probably means their needed to use whatever power they're Omega in. Jeez the whining has to end.
    They’re just host because a few years ago Jeen was protagonist and kicking butt. It’s true sadly Jean has falling far and to add insult to
    Injury Echo is Phoenix.

At this point I’m only interested in Jean and the X-office reclaim
    The Phoenix.

Mind you I overall like Hickman’s run. So much was placed into Xavier/Moira/Apocalypse/Sinister/Magneto being the architects of everything that other characters got forgotten until recently. Emma Frost is shining now. Psylocke and Captain Britain are doing well. Cyclops finally remembered a leader again and is no longer demonized. Liking King Jamie and Saturnyne, and Krakoa’s ties to Otherworld and magic.

With all the cosmic and magical stuff it’s the perfect place for Phoenix/Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    What ever happens in planet sized will have to factor the fact that she’s the only omega along with quentin that is sharing her particular power spot with someone else…… this means that once again she’ll hardly do anything to write home about in full independence.
    Well if Jean is a Omega level mutant she should do it all by herself without the cuckoos

BANNED

For what it's worth, Duggan said the little moment Donny Cates gave Jean in his Venom story doesn't have **** on Planet Size. That said, he was likely talking about the issue as a whole and not something Jean does.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Um she's an Omega level TP so if other Omegas are needeed for a mission it probably means their needed to use whatever power they're Omega in. Jeez the whining has to end.
    There are so many creative and powerful uses of telepathy; serving as the team’s telephone isnt it. These writers just haven’t shown her doing anything creative or powerful with it or even her tk which is why im pessimistic. Until shown otherwise, I have every right to doubt she’s going to do anything worthwhile. When the biggest moment Jean has had in years wasnt even in an xbook, you know you’re at the bottom of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Well if Jean is a Omega level mutant she should do it all by herself without the cuckoos
    Sure, lemme ask you a question, if not explicitly stated on data pages and the comics (as an hypothetical new reader) would you say Jean Grey is an omega level mutant simply by the way she’s been written ever since x-men red ended? It’s clear she’s a powerful mutant but there’s nothing that screams she’s beyond alpha, legion tp sure seems to be a notch above hers and so was x-man ……. Ever since Hickman’s reign started I can’t find any proof in the x -books that she’s the most powerful telepathic mind in the world
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-02-2021 at 03:57 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sure, lemme ask you a question, if not explicitly stated on data pages and the comics (as an hypothetical new reader) would you say Jean Grey is an omega level mutant simply by the way she’s been written ever since x-men red ended? It’s clear she’s a powerful mutant but there’s nothing that screams she’s beyond alpha, legion tp sure seems to be a notch above hers and so was x-man ……. Ever since Hickman’s reign started I can’t find any proof in the x -books that she’s the most powerful telepathic mind in the world
    If you are talking of Disassembled, Nate was boosted by the Life Seed and Legion's powers. There was no fair fight between them. And no, nothing about the current era has justified her being an omega TP

At Hox there is a evidence because of distance and only that.

Rest of the books rarely offer a omega level feat. Like you say that she is a Omega level but need cuckoos, it's not a good way to show her skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If you are talking of Disassembled, Nate was boosted by the Life Seed and Legion's powers. There was no fair fight between them. And no, nothing about the current era has justified her being an omega TP
    I was also thinking about recent Legion feats from way of x, sensing something bad inside kurt, sensing onslaught and the patchwork man, reinstalling himself into a new body, sensing xavier and magneto are hiding something.
    Her status as omega tp should at the very least make her “majorly aware” but they keep writing her as generally clueless.
    Regarding age of x-man I get x-man was boosted but still her tp wasn’t particularly special even compared to betsy, it just looked like Jean and Betsy had differently specialized tp powers not necessarily different in power level.
    Even the giant sized issue with emma for the most part showed them as equals, it was only the by the artist effort (dauterman is a fan of Jean) that her power were depicted as more expansive.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

The Hickman era hasn't said she is powerful. Omega just means you don't have an upper limit. It's like she could be powerful because her power is uncapped. That doesn't necessarily mean she is at the highest levels of power currently.

One cool thing is that we know Cates has an at least somewhat favorable opinion of Jean. He'll get his chance at the X-Men in a few years. Just gotta wait this bad period out lol

I'm pretty sure they just wanted a little cute scene of telepaths doing something cool together. Just because the cuckoos were there too doesn't mean that Jean "needed them", and considering that it's not a huge feat, there's no need to even think the cuckoos needed Jean either. It's not that deep.

Aside from the data page in House of X 1 we haven't seen a lot of mention of Jean's omega status. We did have it in an issue of Wolverine (where the cuckoos tease Quire about the Pale Girl being the true omega and more powerful than even Jean). So it has been Percy that has acknowledged it. He also said in an interview that Jean was an omega's omega or something like that (Duggan recently made a similar comment about Storm).

I would say Jean's omega-esque feats have been in House of X 4 (her telepathic range), Giant Size X-men Jean and Emma Frost (Emma seemed impressed when she turned that snake into an elephant with butterfly wings - lol I guess this shows her manipulation of the astral plane) and then various feats in X-force (merging of her mind with Sage and BlackTom in that one issue to do something big to stop the plant whatever [hey I'm tired, ok\], the exploration of the astral/dream plane she was showing Quire, etc.)

As for working with the cuckoos? I don't see it as a big deal. Emma used to do it all the time. Heck, Emma and Jean work together now on psychic rescues (re: Storm and Karma), plus for years Jean and Xavier worked together (re: all those times Xavier was all "link with me Jean" or "Jean, I need support" etc). Jean is used to working with other telepaths. It is not a sign of weakness to work with others especially now that mutants are largely united. They are stronger together than apart.

Plus we also previously saw Jean and the cuckoos work together to push through the barriers to Otherword. Jean now works with the cuckoos. It is a thing.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 06-02-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Also Hickman had Jean be able to sense out the Shi'ar spy when even their best telepaths could not

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Aside from the data page in House of X 1 we haven't seen a lot of mention of Jean's omega status. We did have it in an issue of Wolverine (where the cuckoos tease Quire about the Pale Girl being the true omega and more powerful than even Jean). So it has been Percy that has acknowledged it. He also said in an interview that Jean was an omega's omega or something like that (Duggan recently made a similar comment about Storm).

I would say Jean's omega-esque feats have been in House of X 4 (her telepathic range), Giant Size X-men Jean and Emma Frost (Emma seemed impressed when she turned that snake into an elephant with butterfly wings - lol I guess this shows her manipulation of the astral plane) and then various feats in X-force (merging of her mind with Sage and BlackTom in that one issue to do something big to stop the plant whatever [hey I'm tired, ok\], the exploration of the astral/dream plane she was showing Quire, etc.)

As for working with the cuckoos? I don't see it as a big deal. Emma used to do it all the time. Heck, Emma and Jean work together now on psychic rescues (re: Storm and Karma), plus for years Jean and Xavier worked together (re: all those times Xavier was all "link with me Jean" or "Jean, I need support" etc. Jean is used to working with other telepaths. It is not a sign of weakness to work with others especially now that mutants are largely united. They are stronger together than apart.
    Jean isnt emma, Jean is a Omega and far more powerful than Emma. Also Cuckoss are Emma's daughters, they have no relation to Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The Hickman era hasn't said she is powerful. Omega just means you don't have an upper limit. It's like she could be powerful because her power is uncapped. That doesn't necessarily mean she is at the highest levels of power currently.

One cool thing is that we know Cates has an at least somewhat favorable opinion of Jean. He'll get his chance at the X-Men in a few years. Just gotta wait this bad period out lol
    I think in the script to House of X 1 Hickman says that the omega list is a list of the most powerful mutants on earth (I'm paraphrasing - I'd have to go back and get the exact quote). I do agree that so far we have few examples of Jean's power in this new era but maybe that will change. Jean has had a decent role in X-force but I'm expecting better out of the new X-men book. We'll soon see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm pretty sure they just wanted a little cute scene of telepaths doing something cool together. Just because the cuckoos were there too doesn't mean that Jean "needed them", and considering that it's not a huge feat, there's no need to even think the cuckoos needed Jean either. It's not that deep.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Also Hickman had Jean be able to sense out the Shi'ar spy when even their best telepaths could not
    Yes, I forgot about this one. Heck even Jean coordinating with like 30 telepaths was a good showing. I think as Jean stans we'll always want more but sometimes things aren't as bad as we make them out to be. Though for Jean it is not the best of times but it's not exactly the worst either. At least the character is around to be used and soon she'll be co-leader of a new X-men team with a writer that has previously used her well.