Page 256 of 719 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean isnt emma, Jean is a Omega and far more powerful than Emma. Also Cuckoss are Emma's daughters, they have no relation to Jean
    They've been working with Jean since All New X-men

and as mentioned, we've seen this relation carried on with her as an adult. Battle of the Atom, IvX, ANX, Disassembled, Jean Grey solo, X of Swords, Hellfire Gala. Its not really fair to say they have no relation as they have an established history of teaming up together. Jean has worked with them quite a bit now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

and as mentioned, we've seen this relation carried on with her as an adult. Battle of the Atom, IvX, ANX, Disassembled, Jean Grey solo, X of Swords, Hellfire Gala. Its not really fair to say they have no relation as they have an established history of teaming up together. Jean has worked with them quite a bit now
    We can ignore anything about teen Jean.

ON uncanny she worked with all telepaths. And she isnt a teen anymore, she is far more experienced. Makes no sense always needing the cuckoos

We can ignore anything about teen Jean.

ON uncanny she worked with all telepaths. And she isnt a teen anymore, she is far more experienced. Makes no sense always needing the cuckoos
    No, you can bc it doesnt fit your narrative. She wasnt working with all telepaths in XOS; she specifically sought out the Cuckoos. She did something fun with them today bc they have an established history

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Aside from the data page in House of X 1 we haven't seen a lot of mention of Jean's omega status. We did have it in an issue of Wolverine (where the cuckoos tease Quire about the Pale Girl being the true omega and more powerful than even Jean). So it has been Percy that has acknowledged it. He also said in an interview that Jean was an omega's omega or something like that (Duggan recently made a similar comment about Storm).

I would say Jean's omega-esque feats have been in House of X 4 (her telepathic range), Giant Size X-men Jean and Emma Frost (Emma seemed impressed when she turned that snake into an elephant with butterfly wings - lol I guess this shows her manipulation of the astral plane) and then various feats in X-force (merging of her mind with Sage and BlackTom in that one issue to do something big to stop the plant whatever [hey I'm tired, ok\], the exploration of the astral/dream plane she was showing Quire, etc.)

As for working with the cuckoos? I don't see it as a big deal. Emma used to do it all the time. Heck, Emma and Jean work together now on psychic rescues (re: Storm and Karma), plus for years Jean and Xavier worked together (re: all those times Xavier was all "link with me Jean" or "Jean, I need support" etc). Jean is used to working with other telepaths. It is not a sign of weakness to work with others especially now that mutants are largely united. They are stronger together than apart.

Plus we also previously saw Jean and the cuckoos work together to push through the barriers to Otherword. Jean now works with the cuckoos. It is a thing.
    I’m not saying Jean is weak, I’m just saying I’m not really seeing the omega tp, it appear at least to me as high-end alpha, just think of Storm and Magneto when they go full omega, you can really tell they are operating on whole different level but if you take away the times she was hosting the phoenix and teen jean creativity we are left with very little, x-men red seemed like the beginning of a new era but once it was done it’s all been full reverse gear.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Great examples. Jean has plenty of past experience working with the cuckoos. Though some may not like or agree with it but due to the experience of Teen Jean, Jean Grey has even more experience with working with Emma Frost. They are close now or at least closer than they were in New X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m not saying Jean is weak, I’m just saying I’m not really seeing the omega tp, it appear at least to me as high-end alpha, just think of Storm and Magneto when they go full omega, you can really tell they are operating on whole different level but if you take away the times she was hosting the phoenix and teen jean creativity we are left with very little, x-men red seemed like the beginning of a new era but once it was done it’s all been full reverse gear.
    I do see what you are saying and I do agree that Jean hasn't got the same sort of spotlight as say Magneto or Vulcan (in terms of being shown as a powerhouse) but she's done more than some other omegas like Exodus. Jean certainly felt like a powerful character in X-men Red and Teen Jean had that same sort of presence. In just two weeks we'll see if Planet Size X-men is overhyped or not. I'm hoping for something exciting out of the omega mutants - whether it is the rumored terraforming or something completely different. The omega's include a few reality warpers, some elementals, some psychics and a few others (Hope, Josh Foley) and we don't know if Mr. M will be involved and it looks like Legion declined the invite. It is an interesting combination of powersets.

No, you can bc it doesnt fit your narrative. She wasnt working with all telepaths in XOS; she specifically sought out the Cuckoos. She did something fun with them today bc they have an established history
    Writers ignore all cool things about Jeen and I have to take as canon she and the cuckoos?

No way. They always take the lamest things that aren't important. Jean doesn't need the cuckoos

Writers ignore all cool things about Jeen and I have to take as canon she and the cuckoos?

No way. They always take the lamest things that aren't important. Jean doesn't need the cuckoos
    You can ignore whatever you want but the fact is that is one relationship that has been reinforced with Jean as an adult. You dont have to like it but there have been several examples posted across different books with them teaming up

You can ignore whatever you want but the fact is that is one relationship that has been reinforced with Jean as an adult. You dont have to like it but there have been several examples posted across different books with them teaming up
    They don't have a relationship. They only show up to help with things that Jean can do alone.

On Hellfire gala I owuld like to see Jean interating with Avengers.. Really lame that only Scott and emma can talk to Captain America

BANNED

Jean Grey, the Phone-ix, needs extra batteries for those really long distance calls.

Fantastic Member

On Hellfire gala I owuld like to see Jean interating with Avengers.. Really lame that only Scott and emma can talk to Captain America
    I've always enjoyed Jean's interactions with the wider Marvel Universe. Especially Steve Rogers.

He never once doubted her innocence during X-Men Red and even said he was sorry the Avengers weren't there with her, from the beginning. He also didn't want Jean to have to face Cassandra Nova alone.

I've always wanted to see more interaction with Thor and Jean.

Sigh, fingers crossed.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm pretty sure they just wanted a little cute scene of telepaths doing something cool together. Just because the cuckoos were there too doesn't mean that Jean "needed them", and considering that it's not a huge feat, there's no need to even think the cuckoos needed Jean either. It's not that deep.
    Yes. And I don't think the Cuckoos needed Jean either. What they did wasn't particularly impressive. I think it was meant to impress the audience. I think the real reason Jean was there was to help Emma deal with all those people.

During Morrison's run, Emma saw first hand how charming Jean can be with representatives/politicians/diplomats. If you were Emma, and you responsible for the event as its host, wouldn't you want Jean on your team when dealing with them?

And Jean, being the teamplayer that she is, wouldn't she be willing to help?

I know nothing is explicitly written in the book, but I think it is a reasonable extrapoplation from what's canon.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Aside from the data page in House of X 1 we haven't seen a lot of mention of Jean's omega status. We did have it in an issue of Wolverine (where the cuckoos tease Quire about the Pale Girl being the true omega and more powerful than even Jean). So it has been Percy that has acknowledged it. He also said in an interview that Jean was an omega's omega or something like that (Duggan recently made a similar comment about Storm).

I would say Jean's omega-esque feats have been in House of X 4 (her telepathic range), Giant Size X-men Jean and Emma Frost (Emma seemed impressed when she turned that snake into an elephant with butterfly wings - lol I guess this shows her manipulation of the astral plane) and then various feats in X-force (merging of her mind with Sage and BlackTom in that one issue to do something big to stop the plant whatever [hey I'm tired, ok\], the exploration of the astral/dream plane she was showing Quire, etc.)

As for working with the cuckoos? I don't see it as a big deal. Emma used to do it all the time. Heck, Emma and Jean work together now on psychic rescues (re: Storm and Karma), plus for years Jean and Xavier worked together (re: all those times Xavier was all "link with me Jean" or "Jean, I need support" etc). Jean is used to working with other telepaths. It is not a sign of weakness to work with others especially now that mutants are largely united. They are stronger together than apart.

Plus we also previously saw Jean and the cuckoos work together to push through the barriers to Otherword. Jean now works with the cuckoos. It is a thing.
    I don't think this is a big deal either. I think, at this point, Jean knows how all the X-Men telepaths (except perhaps Kwannon) work at this point.

I think telepaths like working with Jean because she's extremely resourceful. It's not just that she has raw power, she works with more subtle/manipulative/creative ways and I think that's consequence of her personality and her natural talent to understand how a person's mind work.

And I think Jean likes working with other telepaths because she's worked with other mutants (telepathic or not) her whole life. She doesn't have to prove she can do it alone nor she has the need to claim the credit for herself. She's zero ego when it comes to getting a job done.

So if someone wants to work with her and she has no reason not to want to accept their help, why wouldn't she be glad they can join?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I've always enjoyed Jean's interactions with the wider Marvel Universe. Especially Steve Rogers.

He never once doubted her innocence during X-Men Red and even said he was sorry the Avengers weren't there with her, from the beginning. He also didn't want Jean to have to face Cassandra Nova alone.

I've always wanted to see more interaction with Thor and Jean.

Sigh, fingers crossed.
    Yes. Steve has a sense she's one of the good ones.

I'd also love to see Jean interacting with other characters of the MU! My fingers are crossed too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    They are determined to let Emma free to be her own character, meanwhile Jean is trapped. This is injustice.

Anyway, they should go about doing the StarkFrost relationship that one story joked about. Let new things happen.
    The best (and maybe only) thing this era has done for Jean is making it clear Emma’s benefit isn’t Jean’s loss. Stop pitting them against each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The best (and maybe only) thing this era has done for Jean is making it clear Emma’s benefit isn’t Jean’s loss. Stop pitting them against each other.
    This era hasn't done squat for Jean and I didn't pit one against the other. I said it is a crime that Emma gets to grow while Jean has to be hogtied to the past. It's just a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This era hasn't done squat for Jean and I didn't pit one against the other. I said it is a crime that Emma gets to grow while Jean has to be hogtied to the past. It's just a comparison.
    Yes, this is sad. Jean in this era is just nostalgia. I would like to have Jean being written with that independence.

E2qQf1TWUAAqa__.jpg
    Last edited by andreikes; 06-03-2021 at 05:10 AM.