Page 26 of 719 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She's a lucky woman having the best of both worlds. And she even knows which one subs...LOL
    reminded me of the movie

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    super cute! I think it is time for Jean to meet someone new...

What about Bishop! LEt's rekindle that flame.
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-29-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Honestly, if I was going to date ... That it was someone outside the x men ... Someone from the Avengers or whatever, a woman. I'm disgusted by her with cyke. However, I would prefer her single

Honestly, if I was going to date ... That it was someone outside the x men ... Someone from the Avengers or whatever, a woman. I'm disgusted by her with cyke. However, I would prefer her single
    if she is supposed to have an open relationship with Scott, let her have an open relationship beyond Wolverine....I wished we would see her enjoying her sexuality with other mutants too.

I'm super annoyed how conservative those comicbooks are while pretending to be all progressive and edgy. Hickman is such an OLD boring cis dude for doing this and not being explicit about Scott's and Jean's relationship. Why is it so difficult for U.S. Americans to depict actual life in media? I really don't get it.

Let's get some mutant Grindr on the island!
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-29-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    if she is supposed to have an open relationship with Scott, let her have an open relationship beyond Wolverine....I wished we would see her enjoying her sexuality with other mutants too.

I'm super annoyed how conservative those comicbooks are while pretending to be all progressive and edgy. Hickman is such an OLD boring cis dude for doing this and not being explicit about Scott's and Jean's relationship. Why is it so difficult for U.S. Americans to depict actual life in media? I really don't get it.

Wolverine would be very popular on Scruff haha.
    That perfect couple move romantically is so poetic

I hope Jean starts wearing the x-factor costume as her normal look. Fingers cross she visits the Revolution look somewhere down the line. Wonder if they plan to have Jean just wear her past costumes.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, Jean had a better showing than Scott. And he was the one who got knocked out with her worrying about him rather than the other way around.
    Honestly Jean could have also used telepathy to mind blasts the opponents. It isn't really just telekinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Honestly Jean could have also used telepathy to mind blasts the opponents. It isn't really just telekinesis.
    yep
    2968158-tele.jpg

I usually like romance, but if badly written I prefer characters single.

IDK about avengers, only way it could happen is her having a separate solo or being part of the team.

I think Jean with Danny Rand would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Jean is a serial monogamist, it is not fun how Hickman disrespect continuity and characterization

Well Hickman just want some polemic to sell comicbooks, as if polemic sold comic books.

Bendis Teen Grey was a lot more progressive than what is happening now

She can be very powerful only with TP
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-29-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    She can be very powerful only with TP
    Not with this writer or this x-men editor for that matter, they managed to turn tp into a borefest and then made Jean the queen of it, If all you do is mind reading (which usually is 50% effective) and basic communication, it hardly matter if you are omega or alpha.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She’s a fictional character who will do whatever the writers want her to do.

She was not written poorly her and I like her X-Factor Marvel Girl outfit.

She didn’t act helpless. She was concerned her husband got knocked out.

Hickman is a good writer with great long term developments. Sadly, people cannot see past their favorite character not soloing 100 bad guys alone.

People were complaining Gordon only killed 13 of the White Sword’s soldiers.
    It's not about soloing. Ok, she did an awesome job identifying the culprit, check.
    She needs assistance to fly? Dumb. Maybe this part is an artist interpretation of his script, not entirely Hickman's fault.
    She panicked when Scott was knocked out. Cringe.
    Does the last 2 scene have any impact to the storyline? No. But yeah, it has to be written in. The complaint is not that Hickman is a bad writer. The complaint is he is a "bad" Jean writer.
    Last edited by mike7171; 01-29-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    It's not about soloing. Ok, she did an awesome job identifying the culprit, check.
    She needs assistance to fly? Dumb. Maybe this part is an artist interpretation of his script, not entirely Hickman's fault.
    She panicked when Scott was knocked out. Cringe.
    Does the last 2 scene have any impact to the storyline? No. But yeah, it has to be written in. The complaint is not that Hickman is a bad writer. The complaint is he is a "bad" Jean writer.
    The penciller can redraw the scene, but it was probably not big deal for writer/editor.

It just make Jean too incompetent to fight on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Jean is a serial monogamist, it is not fun how Hickman disrespect continuity and characterization

Well Hickman just want some polemic to sell comicbooks, as if polemic sold comic books.

Bendis Teen Grey was a lot more progressive than what is happening now
    but people change all the time! Sexual desire is super fluid and not fixed and so are understanding how a good life is supposed to be. Maybe she was a serial monogamist before which does not mean that she cannot change and enjoy a different form of relationship in her 30s.

I agree on the polemic part. That's what it is.

I honestly feel like after both you and your husband have been “dead,” after coming back to life your attitude on sexuality and relationships might evolve. Jean had to accept the fact that when she died Scott moved on. Jean can’t expect Scott to deny his feelings for someone else just because she’s back. In term, Scott can’t expect for Jean to go back to the woman she once was either.

My grammar is terrible but you get what I mean.

I hope that when the new X-men team is revealed at the Hellfire Gala, everyone on that team gets NEW costumes, ESPECIALLY Jean Grey!