Page 262 of 719 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 10783

Honestly, she looks even better without the mask.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ok! that's gorgeous! Some people make this mask work. Although I still prefer the look without.
    That mask is okay, not great. But the thing is, Jean wore the mask in the 1960's when the X-Men were hiding their true identities. Today, that is not the case so the mask isn't needed for that purpose. But maybe Jean likes it. Afterall, it is part of the costume. (Plus, some fans would then complain "Hey--where is the mask?!?")
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That mask is okay, not great. But the thing is, Jean wore the mask in the 1960's when the X-Men were hiding their true identities. Today, that is not the case so the mask isn't needed for that purpose. But maybe Jean likes it. Afterall, it is part of the costume. (Plus, some fans would then complain "Hey--where is the mask?!?")
    Without the mask, the mini dress doesn't really look like a costume. It certainly isn't needed to hide the identity of the one person to use her actual name as a code name. Even Professor X didn't do that, even if he came close.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

At this point I think the mask is just like an accessory, like makeup: it's just to attract the attention to those pretty green eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Without the mask, the mini dress doesn't really look like a costume. It certainly isn't needed to hide the identity of the one person to use her actual name as a code name. Even Professor X didn't do that, even if he came close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    At this point I think the mask is just like an accessory, like makeup: it's just to attract the attention to those pretty green eyes.
    Exactly. It completes the costume and look.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The mask is necessary to give her an iconic silhouette, honestly. If you see someone wearing a pointed mask and a dress in a setting where everyone is shadowed you know instantly that it has to be Jean Grey because the only other character it may be at this point is the Scarlet Witch, who doesn't wear a dress but wears a cape.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The mask is necessary to give her an iconic silhouette, honestly. If you see someone wearing a pointed mask and a dress in a setting where everyone is shadowed you know instantly that it has to be Jean Grey because the only other character it may be at this point is the Scarlet Witch, who doesn't wear a dress but wears a cape.
    Agree 100%.

It's why I love the mask so much. When you see it, and the dress, you know that's Jean. No one else in the X-Men has anything similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol. I also got a little hope that something big would happen to her, considering how important she was in the original Inferno, but I doubt it...
    She’s passed out next to Moira. I think Moira is up to no good and that she has made sure to subdue Jean during this krakoan era, in order to keep Jean from finding out the truth.
    Jean had such an important role in the original Inferno, I hope she will get her moments to shine like the omega goddess that she is.

I think that reading anything into a Mark Brooks teaser is stupid, tbf.

The last two had basically nothing to do with the actual events. He was just told to draw X-Men characters so he drew X-Men characters.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The mask is definetely recognizable, but I wouldn't say it's that iconic to Jean. Like, it is not a Scarlet Witch headpiece situation. It's literally only in one costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that reading anything into a Mark Brooks teaser is stupid, tbf.

The last two had basically nothing to do with the actual events. He was just told to draw X-Men characters so he drew X-Men characters.
    You could have written ”I personally wouldn’t read anything into a teaser”.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The mask is definetely recognizable, but I wouldn't say it's that iconic to Jean. Like, it is not a Scarlet Witch headpiece situation. It's literally only in one costume.
    It's is only for one costume. So it isn't that iconic

BANNED

I need a writer to rescue Jean and redeem the dress. Come through, Cates!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    You could have written ”I personally wouldn’t read anything into a teaser”.
    I could have. But that's not what I was trying to say. So I didn't.

I'm not calling anyone stupid by saying what I did. I'm just pointing out that reading into them, at this point, when the last two haven't had a single thing to do with the stories they represented is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    the worst thing about the costume are those gloves. The mask sometimes work. But most artists absolutely ruin it and it looks so damn silly.