Page 264 of 719 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 10783

Well, we all know comics and handbooks do have their fair share of errors.

For example, for a thousand reasons Xorneto/Fauxneto should never been able to kill Jean with his "electromagnetic pulse".
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, we all know comics and handbooks do have their fair share of errors.

For example, for a thousand reasons Xorneto/Fauxneto should never been able to kill Jean with his "electromagnetic pulse".
    True. We also know artists don't pay attention to details. Joanna Cargil was supposed to be 6'11'' or something like this. When was the last time she was drawn that tall? Probably back on the X-Factor days. :D

Really, it's up to each person to decide how they prefer to see things, I guess. It's not like we can force Marvel to abide by their own info anyway! :D

''Jordan: I get why you might think that because it’s called Inferno and she was obviously a big deal in that one, but this is a different Inferno and if you’ve been reading along and you know where we announced it, especially, you know what sparks this Inferno. It’s not Maddie. It’s a different redhead entirely.

AIPT: It’s Jean.

Jordan: [Laughs] You mean Maddie? She’s the same person.''

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    ''Jordan: I get why you might think that because it’s called Inferno and she was obviously a big deal in that one, but this is a different Inferno and if you’ve been reading along and you know where we announced it, especially, you know what sparks this Inferno. It’s not Maddie. It’s a different redhead entirely.

Hmm
    Probably talking about Mystique. Though, as a Jean fan, when they mention readhead I *always* assume it's her! :D

I Hope it is not Hope, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Probably talking about Mystique. Though, as a Jean fan, when they mention readhead I *always* assume it's her!
    Yeah it's Raven lol I feel like Jean will have a bigger role when the Phalanx plot rolls around. Hickman did name drop Galactus and the Phoenix as the 2 beings the Dominions are afraid of. And Galactus has been used before in Hickman's run as a Herald of Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah it's Raven lol I feel like Jean will have a bigger role when the Phalanx plot rolls around. Hickman did name drop Galactus and the Phoenix as the 2 beings the Dominions are afraid of. And Galactus has been used before in Hickman's run as a Herald of Franklin.
    Marvel has made me so afraid of those big events and heroXhero stories, that I'd prefer if the teaser was correct and Jean slept through the whole thing! :D

Astonishing Member

Marvel has made me so afraid of those big events and heroXhero stories, that I'd prefer if the teaser was correct and Jean slept through the whole thing!
    Completely understandable lol they're so rarely if ever done right. I think Hickman pulled it off beautifully with his Time Runs Out arc.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Completely understandable lol they're so rarely if ever done right. I think Hickman pulled it off beautifully with his Time Runs Out arc.
    Maybe it won't be as bad for Inferno because of Hickman... I don't know. The most recent one was Fantastic Four and X-Men and... Jeez. I'm glad Jean wasn't part of that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

Hmm
    He is playing haha. He knows that Maddie soul is with Jean

If Jean actually is important, the promo is really misleading LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He is playing haha. He knows that Maddie soul is with Jean

If Jean actually is important, the promo is really misleading LOL
    If Chris Hassan wasn't joking, he's like me: he hears "redhead", he assumes it's Jean, even when there are other most likely candidates. :D

I think JDW answer confirms it's not Jean what sparks Inferno either. That doesn't mean she's not going to play a role there.

If I could choose, though, it would be the role of Sleeping Beauty. :D

Mighty Member

This "How to draw the X-Men: Phoenix" was made by Dave Cockrum. Every mention of her height that I've seen was written after. So I don't know if he had got it wrong or if they updated a bit her height.

Considering she was created in the 60s, maybe they actually updated it. Even though 5'6'' is pretty average for white female Americans, she's still one of the shorter super heroes.

EDIT: Btw, Dauterman did something similar for his Gala designs and so far it seems the other artists are actually following the instructions/details.

the average height for an American man is 5'9
    the average height for an American woman is 5'4

There are no really such thing as black and white races. They are social constructs without any scientific basis. They were created out of ignorance of the great diversity that we Homo Sapiens have. For example, there are over thousand ethnic groups in Africa with Nigeria having over 200 ethnic groups.
    Even though Melanesians look similar to SubSaharan Africans, Europeans are genetically closer to SubSaharan Africans than Melanesians are.

The average African American is around a quarter European.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    the average height for an American man is 5'9
    the average height for an American woman is 5'4

There are no really such thing as black and white races. They are social constructs without any scientific basis. They were created out of ignorance of the great diversity that we Homo Sapiens have. For example, there are over thousand ethnic groups in Africa with Nigeria having over 200 ethnic groups.
    Even though Melanesians look similar to SubSaharan Africans, Europeans are genetically closer to SubSaharan Africans than Melanesians are.

The average African American is around a quarter European.
    I really don't disagree with you.

I was just going by the data here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Averag...ght_by_country

United States – Non-Hispanic Whites: male - 178.2 cm (5 ft 10 in), female - 165 cm (5 ft 5 in)

United States – African Americans: male - 177.4 cm (5 ft 10 in), female - 163.6 cm (5 ft 4+1⁄2 in)

United States – Asian Americans: male - 172.3 cm (5 ft 8 in), female - 158.4 cm (5 ft 2+1⁄2 in)

United States – Hispanic and Latino Americans: male - 172.4 cm (5 ft 8 in), female - 158.9 cm (5 ft 2+1⁄2 in)

United States – Mexican Americans: male - 172.2 cm (5 ft 8 in), female - 158.4 cm (5 ft 2+1⁄2 in)

No idea of what criteria was used to define "non-hispanic whites", but it's probably not scientifically sound. If you consider this group, though, 5'6'' is pretty average and that's all I meant.

I think height for in comics varies. Correct me if I’m wrong but Storm originally wasn’t 5’11”. Considering Jean was a fashion model, I’ve always considered her a tall woman tho not as tall as someone like Storm. She is depicted roughly the same height as Rogue in TAS, so I’m thinking she’s about 5’8 or 5’9. Also in Evolution she was almost as tall as Storm and clearly taller than the other females. Famke is 5’11” and Sophie is 5’9”, so in popular culture non comics fans see her on the taller side. Just saying as the end of the day it doesn’t matter. For me, I like her tall, especially when I consider Slim Summers to be about 6’3.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I think height for in comics varies. Correct me if I’m wrong but Storm originally wasn’t 5’11”. Considering Jean was a fashion model, I’ve always considered her a tall woman tho not as tall as someone like Storm. She is depicted roughly the same height as Rogue in TAS, so I’m thinking she’s about 5’8 or 5’9. Also in Evolution she was almost as tall as Storm and clearly taller than the other females. Famke is 5’11” and Sophie is 5’9”, so in popular culture non comics fans see her on the taller side. Just saying as the end of the day it doesn’t matter. For me, I like her tall, especially when I consider Slim Summers to be about 6’3.
    Well, she was a swimsuit/catalogue model. For pictures, height doesn't matter much. As gorgeous as she is, I think Jean would be a bit too hour-glass shaped for runways (this kind of body requires more adjustments for the outfits and that’s why you normally see models of a different kind of body shape/height on traditional fashion shows).

If you go back to the comics of the 70s, Jean is really drawn considerably shorter than Scott and Ororo. Out of curiosity, if you guys want, I can try to find some panels that show that.

When she comes back for X-Factor she is drawn considerably taller. Same for 90s and so on.

So, really, it’s a matter of artists' inconsistency. And it’s possible that at some point they update her official stats as well. That’s why I said it’s really about how you prefer to see her.

At first, I didn’t like it either. But then, when I started to consider how superlative Jean is when it comes to so much stuff about her, I started to actually like the idea that she is of average height.

I hope it doesn’t sound like I’m trying to convince anyone, though. It would make no sense, anyway, since it’s not a problem that is exclusive of hers either. Logan’s height, for instance, also varies a lot.

EDIT: Yes, both Famke and Sophie are taller, but so is Hugh Jackman (who is actually 6'3'' - Scott's height), while Halle Berry is around 5'6''. :D For the cartoons (and even the comics too), height is usually used to indicate age, so younger characters are usually drawn shorter.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-07-2021 at 09:43 AM.