Page 265 of 719 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I think height for in comics varies. Correct me if I’m wrong but Storm originally wasn’t 5’11”. Considering Jean was a fashion model, I’ve always considered her a tall woman tho not as tall as someone like Storm. She is depicted roughly the same height as Rogue in TAS, so I’m thinking she’s about 5’8 or 5’9. Also in Evolution she was almost as tall as Storm and clearly taller than the other females. Famke is 5’11” and Sophie is 5’9”, so in popular culture non comics fans see her on the taller side. Just saying as the end of the day it doesn’t matter. For me, I like her tall, especially when I consider Slim Summers to be about 6’3.
    I agree. I think storm was stated to be 5'9 originally with Rogue about 5'8".

I like Jean tall, about 5'9" and that is how I see her.

Jean was also a model. Female model standard height is 5'9". For a male, it is 6'0".
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As of the Official Handbook (1983) Storm has always been 5'11" it's the movies and the cartoon that got it so very wrong.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I like Jean at 5'6" and a little bit on the curvier side - there's nothing wrong with a curvy beauty, and just because she's a little bit on the average side as far as height goes doesn't mean that she couldn't model. She wasn't a high fashion model in the first place. She modeled for magazines and probably clothing brands, not on the runway.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I like Jean at 5'6" and a little bit on the curvier side - there's nothing wrong with a curvy beauty, and just because she's a little bit on the average side as far as height goes doesn't mean that she couldn't model. She wasn't a high fashion model in the first place. She modeled for magazines and probably clothing brands, not on the runway.
    I think because I love Cockrum's art so much, I like to imagine Jean as having one of those old pin-up art physiques:

Far from a high fashion model, but killer for a swimsuit/catalogue model (which is what she was). Plus, I think it matches her personality and her fashion choices.

Of course, the actual representation varies from artist to artist. This is just my preference.

I don't think at 5'6" and 110 lbs and then later--now--at 115 lbs, Jean is on the curvier side.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't think at 5'6" and 110 lbs and then later--now--at 115 lbs, Jean is on the curvier side.
    Depends on what you call curvy, right? :)

Betty Brosmer was 5'5'' and 110lb. I see lots of curves on that body. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-09-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Depends on what you call curvy, right?

Betty Brosmer was 5'5'' and 110lb. I see lots of curves on that body.
    Very curvey and very voluptious!

But Jean has never been shown to be that c or v.

However, to each their own!

Very curvey and very voluptious!

But Jean has never been shown to be that c or v.

However, to each their own!
    But that's how she was originally drawn. :D

But yeah, it's all headcannon. She'll actually look like whatever the artist feel like. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

But yeah, it's all headcannon. She'll actually look like whatever the artist feel like.
    Right.

I just love seeing different looks of Jean, even if not my preferred version. I respect other people's versions. We each have our own headfannon.

What I'm saying is that she doesn't need to just be 110 or 115lbs. Even as a superhero. Plus, she's been drawn as on the curvier side way more often than you give her credit for:

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

All this to say that Jean should be drawn with curves and a classic hour-glass kind of silhouette. Slender torso, wide hips, thick thighs (that save lives.)

What I'm saying is that she doesn't need to just be 110 or 115lbs. Even as a superhero. Plus, she's been drawn as on the curvier side way more often than you give her credit for:

I give Jean the Most Credit, thank you very much!

But keep posting the pics. I love them.

As you wish ahahaha.

Dat hour-glass! :D

And since we were talking about her height:

The 80s came and the aerobics look became trend. That's when Jean became taller and more athletic-looking.

I actually feel like the era of all comic book heroines being drawn as slim and model-esque was in the 2000s, and Jean was dead through most of them so she largely skipped out on it. And even some of the holdovers from that era - eg. Asrar - have been slowly learning to draw characters with different body shapes, and his Jean has become curvier than she was during X-Men Red.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 06-09-2021 at 08:33 AM.