Page 271 of 719 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Who is under Jean sees "everything" ¬¬

Hickman: gasp, gasp
    Not sure they dare. She is known for her temper! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    She could. But that dress gives her this special power:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicSkirt
    lol, that's pretty funny. Okay, I accept this as a fundamental force of the MU.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Not sure they dare. She is known for her temper!
    It has to do with all that luscious red hair! Fiery Temper, Red Hair, Green Eyes.....Wow!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

First time she met Kitty, she huggged her. She was warm and maternal towards the teens and kids the X-Factor rescued. When Scott told her he had a son, she told him she had always thought they'd have a daughter, meaning she had planned/dreamed about it. She instantly connected and bonded with baby Chris (=Nathan), raising him until he's sent to the future. She was maternal towards Jubilee. She raised Nathan in the future. At the very beginning of The Twelve story, Jean and Scott are shown talking about having their own biological baby...

Jean is a maternal woman. The only instance where motherhood was not desired/accepted by her was with Rachel and it had to do with the period when Rachel arrived, not with motherhood or Rachel herself (Jean was struggling with the feeling her life was pre-determined).

As for Rachel not needing her parents? She's always been very attached to both Scott and Jean. Maybe less nowadays, but still...

Now, they put Jean in this role of being a mother and wanting to live a family life (made clear during X of Swords). So... if she's in this role with Scott, why isn't her motherhood being explored as much as his fatherhood? I don't think it's too absurd to ask or want to see it, considering this is the situation the current writers put her in.

EDIT: In X-Men: Red, she specifically looks for Rachel, Laura and Gaby to try to be a sort of parent for them, since their fathers were dead.

EDIT 2: Now that I think about it, even back in the O5 days, Jean was always shown taking care of the boys and the Professor. She was warm and maternal even as a teenager.
    Well they put her on the Mother role but forget that she needs to do mother things with her kids. Like I don't see a point on that.

i'm really dissapointed about Jean in relation to gaby and Laura. Laura was away for months and Jean never worried about her. Jean never offered help to Gaby, there is two empty rooms on Summers house. She is just left alone

Logan was always a bad father but he did a really crap job here.

IDK what is ging on with these chaarcter, but the characterization is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    lol, that's pretty funny. Okay, I accept this as a fundamental force of the MU.
    As constant as the Phoenix. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It has to do with all that luscious red hair! Fiery Temper, Red Hair, Green Eyes.....Wow!
    And the biggest, sweetest heart there is… How not to love her, right? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Well they put her on the Mother role but forget that she needs to do mother things with her kids. Like I don't see a point on that.

i'm really dissapointed about Jean in relation to gaby and Laura. Laura was away for months and Jean never worried about her. Jean never offered help to Gaby, there is two empty rooms on Summers house. She is just left alone

Logan was always a bad father but he did a really crap job here.

IDK what is ging on with these chaarcter, but the characterization is so bad.
    That’s exactly my point: they didn’t need to put her in this role, but they did. X of Swords made clear that she is supposed to care about Krakoa because it’s giving her a chance to finally have her family.

Regardless of how I feel about it, I didn’t asking for it. They made it happen.

But since they did make it happen, I’d like to see her actually performing this role.

Yes, Gaby and Laura became important to her. She should trying to help them (in X-Force or Wolverine or even New Mutants). She should have tried to help Alex and Gabriel as well (in the former Hickman’s X-Men book). And she should be trying to help Kurt (in Way of X). It doesn't take much... just a couple of panels to show she's doing it. But they don't write it. That’s why sometimes it feels to me like she’s emotionally like a zombie during this Krakoa era. But then again, she’s not the only one who reads super off.

And I can’t tell if it’s just bad writing or if it’s to show us that those characters are really affected by something else that is making them behave in a way that doesn’t fit their continuity.

Remember when mutants were splitting apart because they disagreed on how their children were being treated? Remember how Scott and Logan literally fought (punches and all) because of that? Now the kids were just there, neglected, until the New Mutants raised the alarm and Xavier told them: “nice that you’re interested in taking care of them, let us know if you need some extra resources”. They're building a nation and they don't care about the future generation?

This cannot be normal… Or, at least, I hope it isn’t.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Very beautiful! I love that you added in her power too!

I am glad you are in a Jean mood. It is a good mood to be in, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Thanks, she’s looking so good at the gala, her and Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The colorist's style works really well with Pepe Larraz's art. Glad to see Jean using some TK. I almost thought they were going to have Polaris be the one carrying Scott until seeing the color of the field around him.
    Oh that art looks great! I'm glad Jean is using her tk

I love the pink star effect for her powers

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Oh that art looks great! I'm glad Jean is using her tk

I love the pink star effect for her powers
    Now, see I don’t! I’ve included it as its now seen as her power signature, but I would have chosen red or gold. I guess I'll always see Jean as Phoenix.

FB7D09CF-EC8C-453B-9892-4BBFD728D5F5.jpg

EFF0CD6F-5D66-4775-94C0-8A83EC82A2DD.jpg
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 06-11-2021 at 03:17 PM.

In a Jean mood.
    Thanks for sharing! I love how her hair is framing her face. It gives an Art Nouveau feeling to it.:)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-11-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Now, see I don’t! I’ve included it as its now seen as her power signature, but I would have chosen red or gold. I guess I'll always see Jean as Phoenix.
    But the pink really worked with the Art Nouveau vibe! :)

FB7D09CF-EC8C-453B-9892-4BBFD728D5F5.jpg

EFF0CD6F-5D66-4775-94C0-8A83EC82A2DD.jpg
    Very well done, I love them!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

That’s exactly my point: they didn’t need to put her in this role, but they did. X of Swords made clear that she is supposed to care about Krakoa because it’s giving her a chance to finally have her family.

Regardless of how I feel about it, I didn’t asking for it. They made it happen.

But since they did make it happen, I’d like to see her actually performing this role.

Yes, Gaby and Laura became important to her. She should trying to help them (in X-Force or Wolverine or even New Mutants). She should have tried to help Alex and Gabriel as well (in the former Hickman’s X-Men book). And she should be trying to help Kurt (in Way of X). It doesn't take much... just a couple of panels to show she's doing it. But they don't write it. That’s why sometimes it feels to me like she’s emotionally like a zombie during this Krakoa era. But then again, she’s not the only one who reads super off.

And I can’t tell if it’s just bad writing or if it’s to show us that those characters are really affected by something else that is making them behave in a way that doesn’t fit their continuity.

Remember when mutants were splitting apart because they disagreed on how their children were being treated? Remember how Scott and Logan literally fought (punches and all) because of that? Now the kids were just there, neglected, until the New Mutants raised the alarm and Xavier told them: “nice that you’re interested in taking care of them, let us know if you need some extra resources”. They're building a nation and they don't care about the future generation?

This cannot be normal… Or, at least, I hope it isn’t.
    Good point, Jean ebing a other wasn't on my wishlist for the character. But the writers presented us with this new status so they have to deliver on it.
    Jean is a mother and they are really fixated on that part, but just as a role instead of actions and interactions. We barely see her interacting with the "kids" without Scott being there too

With alex she sllowed him to be on the team that have as leader Sinister, that was a bizarre choice on her part.
    Gaby is a small kid tht she is friends with, they have a bond. They never interacted this whole time, anoter bizarre choice.

I ask myself this too: it is purposeful to indicate that something is off or just bad writing?
    Sometimes I'm thinking I'm too positive and naive to believe that they are writing as something is off and not how they think chaarcters should act.

Scott and logan are off too. logan was fine with child soldiers, something that he fought Scott and divided the x-men.
    Now Scott said that the mutants kids should live without having to fight,, that is a inversion on what they believed. All without any explanation.

There is the fact that kids are all by theirselves with only new mutants looking after them. New mutants need more adults to help the kids get a education and solve their problems. it is clear Dani nor Wolfsbane are ready for taking care of kids.