Page 275 of 534 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 8007
  1. #4111
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    When I made my posts the thing on twitter wasn't even that bad but it got worse. If you look at the quote tweets to Duggan's trolling pic (the one Hickman used before) you see people going F you and that sort of thing or calling him an old man, etc... really nasty stuff. It went from sharing negative opinions to down right harassment which just makes us all look bad because comic fan online like to put Jean fans together and generalize (they've done it on here on the cbr forums for years - usually there are just one or two bad apples like any group).

    Anyway my point stands.. just don't harass creators. Duggan as far as we know didn't decide the Marvel Girl dress, that was a Hickman choice. Pepe answered a question about it when he posted the artwork where he originally was going to have Jean in the X-men Red costume for House of X 1.

    I will say this the Marvel Girl dress remains very divisive seeing all the opinions on twitter... mostly haters but you also see people defending it (probably also in reaction to those complaining about it).

    Jean fans and stans remain passionate.. I just wish fans would take a breather unplug themselves from the internet and go outside and do things they enjoy before unloading on comics creators on twitter or any other social media.

  2. #4112
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I'm really curious about what big story explanation for the dress

  3. #4113
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    When I made my posts the thing on twitter wasn't even that bad but it got worse. If you look at the quote tweets to Duggan's trolling pic (the one Hickman used before) you see people going F you and that sort of thing or calling him an old man, etc... really nasty stuff. It went from sharing negative opinions to down right harassment which just makes us all look bad because comic fan online like to put Jean fans together and generalize (they've done it on here on the cbr forums for years - usually there are just one or two bad apples like any group).

    Anyway my point stands.. just don't harass creators. Duggan as far as we know didn't decide the Marvel Girl dress, that was a Hickman choice. Pepe answered a question about it when he posted the artwork where he originally was going to have Jean in the X-men Red costume for House of X 1.

    I will say this the Marvel Girl dress remains very divisive seeing all the opinions on twitter... mostly haters but you also see people defending it (probably also in reaction to those complaining about it).

    Jean fans and stans remain passionate.. I just wish fans would take a breather unplug themselves from the internet and go outside and do things they enjoy before unloading on comics creators on twitter or any other social media.
    He didn't decide it, but he defended it when asked about it. He said he could write a lot about why it's her favorite costume. Which honestly it's bullshit. It's only her favorite because they're making it so. Because it's their favorite somehow. People responded to that with their own arguments (me included lol), which is why he went to post that picture. He knows how passionate people are about it and he posted that with the exact intention to piss them off. So while I don't think straight up harassment like calling him names is ok, getting people angry was exactly the reason he posted it. I'm not feeling bad for him.

    The fact that those, indeed grown men professional creators are being immature by trolling fans online and keeping Jean on that outfit probably because of that more than anything, says more about them than the fans, imo.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-12-2021 at 08:25 PM.

  4. #4114
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He didn't decide it, but he defended it when asked about it. He said he could write a lot about why it's her favorite costume. Which honestly it's bullshit. It's only her favorite because they're making it so. Because it's their favorite somehow. People responded to that with their own arguments (me included lol), which is why he went to post that picture. He knows how passionate people are about it and he posted that with the exact intention to piss them off. So while I don't think straight up harassment like calling him names is ok, getting people angry was exactly the reason he posted it. I'm not feeling bad for him.

    The fact that those, indeed grown men professional creators are being immature by trolling fans online and keeping Jean on that outfit probably because of that more than anything, says more about them than the fans, imo.
    Yeah, I've noticed some Marvel writers are spiteful. I wonder why

  5. #4115
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He didn't decide it, but he defended it when asked about it. He said he could write a lot about why it's her favorite costume. Which honestly it's bullshit. It's only her favorite because they're making it so. Because it's their favorite somehow. People responded to that with their own arguments (me included lol), which is why he went to post that picture. He knows how passionate people are about it and he posted that with the exact intention to piss them off. So while I don't think straight up harassment like calling him names is ok, getting people angry was exactly the reason he posted it. I'm not feeling bad for him.

    The fact that those, indeed grown men professional creators are being immature by trolling fans online and keeping Jean on that outfit probably because of that more than anything, says more about them than the fans, imo.
    I agree that I don't like creators trolling or putting down the fans either but I think fans should just be chill and also strategic. They don't win or gain anything by this behavior. If anything the creators and others with platforms will just go "look at the crazy Jean stans losing it on twitter".

    When Hickman first hinted there was a reason Jean was back in this uniform some people - including myself for a hot second thought it might lead to her being called Phoenix again. Hickman referenced the last famous time she wore the outfit. Which was Dark Phoenix but she also last used it in Phoenix Resurrection.

    I think Jean wearing the Marvel Girl look might just go hand in hand with her rejection of the Phoenix. Which is tiresome and annoying because we've been there before (the X-factor years) but what can we do. The Phoenix is a big mess nowadays anyway and the character is better served without it (as much as it pains to say so lol).

    In their minds Jean is proud to be called Marvel Girl and to go back to that look. It is the way she started. It signifies perhaps a simpler time or one when she was happy. I'm just guessing at what they may be thinking. It is hard to say.

  6. #4116
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'm really curious about what big story explanation for the dress
    IF there is a reason for that. We all think there is a story, but chances are that there is none. All this time she never talked about the costume choice or there was a hint about any storyline with Jean

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed some Marvel writers are spiteful. I wonder why
    This one I don't get. People think it is ugly, doesn't suit the chaarcter now and for some reasons writers make it personal.
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-12-2021 at 08:38 PM.

  7. #4117
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    IF there is a reason for that. We all think there is a story, but chances are that there is none. All this time she never talked about the costume choice or there was a hint about any storyline with Jean



    This one I don't get. People think it is ugly, doesn't suit the chaarcter now and for some reasons writers make it personal.
    Yeah, I hope it ends with her being Marvel Woman or just Jean again.

  8. #4118
    Fantastic Member Omega_DCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    464

    Default

    I'm excited for the upcoming Planet Size X-Men issue and especially Jean's role in it. For the first time we'll be seeing Krakoa's Omega Level mutants working together to perform a monumental task. Like The Five on steroids. Terraforming Mars seems to be what will happen. Most of the OLMs have unique powersets. I hope whatever Jean's role isn't diluted by the fact that Quentin Quire is involved given they are both Omega Level telepaths.

  9. #4119
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He didn't decide it, but he defended it when asked about it. He said he could write a lot about why it's her favorite costume. Which honestly it's bullshit. It's only her favorite because they're making it so. Because it's their favorite somehow. People responded to that with their own arguments (me included lol), which is why he went to post that picture. He knows how passionate people are about it and he posted that with the exact intention to piss them off. So while I don't think straight up harassment like calling him names is ok, getting people angry was exactly the reason he posted it. I'm not feeling bad for him.

    The fact that those, indeed grown men professional creators are being immature by trolling fans online and keeping Jean on that outfit probably because of that more than anything, says more about them than the fans, imo.
    Don't forget that once Duggan tweeted someone to "eat a bag of pre-f*cked d*cks" when he could had say: untag me before reacting to the tweet. Guy just posted a Gif of a bored guy, no need to be rude and threat their career

    I'm not sorry for him, but I feel bad for fans fallng on his bait

  10. #4120
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I'm excited for the upcoming Planet Size X-Men issue and especially Jean's role in it. For the first time we'll be seeing Krakoa's Omega Level mutants working together to perform a monumental task. Like The Five on steroids. Terraforming Mars seems to be what will happen. Most of the OLMs have unique powersets. I hope whatever Jean's role isn't diluted by the fact that Quentin Quire is involved given they are both Omega Level telepaths.
    I think she'll probably psi-link the other Omega mutants. I doubt she'll use her tk for anything other than levitating

  11. #4121
    LET JEAN GREY BE FREE! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'm really curious about what big story explanation for the dress
    There isn't one. Duggan was saying he could write about why she should wear it just because someone on Twitter said they could write a ton about why she shouldn't wear it.
    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  12. #4122
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I agree that I don't like creators trolling or putting down the fans either but I think fans should just be chill and also strategic. They don't win or gain anything by this behavior. If anything the creators and others with platforms will just go "look at the crazy Jean stans losing it on twitter".

    When Hickman first hinted there was a reason Jean was back in this uniform some people - including myself for a hot second thought it might lead to her being called Phoenix again. Hickman referenced the last famous time she wore the outfit. Which was Dark Phoenix but she also last used it in Phoenix Resurrection.

    I think Jean wearing the Marvel Girl look might just go hand in hand with her rejection of the Phoenix. Which is tiresome and annoying because we've been there before (the X-factor years) but what can we do. The Phoenix is a big mess nowadays anyway and the character is better served without it (as much as it pains to say so lol).

    In their minds Jean is proud to be called Marvel Girl and to go back to that look. It is the way she started. It signifies perhaps a simpler time or one when she was happy. I'm just guessing at what they may be thinking. It is hard to say.
    The initial tweet that he chose to engage with wasn't anything offensive or inflammatory. Then after he responded I didn't see any harassment, though there was people being like "Seriously?...", posting annoyed gifs and overall complaining. I made like a whole thread essentially in the replies arguing against it, and I can't say I wasn't mad but I think it still wasn't too out of line, the worst I did was point out that straight male writers seem to be weirdly into it, and probably keeping it out of spite. He didn't answer or block me or anything, which cool cause I actually enjoy his writing lol.

    Unlike some I actually don't mind the Marvel Girl name. If she needs a "mutant name" and Phoenix isn't available, it is what it is. Creating a new one at this point in time is gonna be worthless. But she doesn't need to wear that to be Marvel Girl. She was Marvel Girl before she got that outfit. Jeen was referred to or called herself Marvel Girl a bunch of times while wearing other outfits. Even the reason she wore it on Dark Phoenix Saga, it wasn't for the aesthetic... It was because it wasn't a Phoenix-related costume, as you already said. So, really, putting her in any costume that's not Phoenix-related is enough already?

    I also thought it could lead to something and have a deeper meaning, which is why Duggan saying he can write about how "It's her favorite one" pissed me off. It leads me to think that there's not really any bigger reason and when referring to DPS, Hickman really just meant the explanation she does to put it again there, which is nostalgia.

  13. #4123
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    When I made my posts the thing on twitter wasn't even that bad but it got worse. If you look at the quote tweets to Duggan's trolling pic (the one Hickman used before) you see people going F you and that sort of thing or calling him an old man, etc... really nasty stuff. It went from sharing negative opinions to down right harassment which just makes us all look bad because comic fan online like to put Jean fans together and generalize (they've done it on here on the cbr forums for years - usually there are just one or two bad apples like any group).

    Anyway my point stands.. just don't harass creators. Duggan as far as we know didn't decide the Marvel Girl dress, that was a Hickman choice. Pepe answered a question about it when he posted the artwork where he originally was going to have Jean in the X-men Red costume for House of X 1.

    I will say this the Marvel Girl dress remains very divisive seeing all the opinions on twitter... mostly haters but you also see people defending it (probably also in reaction to those complaining about it).

    Jean fans and stans remain passionate.. I just wish fans would take a breather unplug themselves from the internet and go outside and do things they enjoy before unloading on comics creators on twitter or any other social media.
    Call me crazy but I don’t feel an once of responsibility for whatever the hell random strangers at the other end of the planet decide to post on twitter on any particular day of the week. Having said this I have to also say that The picture about “free tights” originally posted by Hickman is just creepy and weird if you ask me, looking at twitter, the people mentioned in your post were reacting to Duggan posting that particular pic once more…… I guess there’s little we can do …… people feel the way they feel.
    “Lack of politeness” has plagued the web ever since the dawn of its age, it’s hardly restricted to comics fans that come in any size, shape or color just like any other group. As always any person should be judged on their singular actions and merits.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-12-2021 at 08:55 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  14. #4124
    LET JEAN GREY BE FREE! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    remember Hickman and Duggan are huge Emma fans
    And even bigger Cyclops fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    Unlike the readership fan-base, writers are generally fans of more than a few characters, even if they have their personal faves.
    There was an Editor in Chief who was on the record as only liking one X-Man. That guy is gone now lol

    People who make comics really are just regular humans. The stories don't come in on tablets from talking bushes or anything.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-12-2021 at 08:57 PM.
    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  15. #4125
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The initial tweet that he chose to engage with wasn't anything offensive or inflammatory. Then after he responded I didn't see any harassment, though there was people being like "Seriously?...", posting annoyed gifs and overall complaining. I made like a whole thread essentially in the replies arguing against it, and I can't say I wasn't mad but I think it still wasn't too out of line, the worst I did was point out that straight male writers seem to be weirdly into it, and probably keeping it out of spite. He didn't answer or block me or anything, which cool cause I actually enjoy his writing lol.

    Unlike some I actually don't mind the Marvel Girl name. If she needs a "mutant name" and Phoenix isn't available, it is what it is. Creating a new one at this point in time is gonna be worthless. But she doesn't need to wear that to be Marvel Girl. She was Marvel Girl before she got that outfit. Jeen was referred to or called herself Marvel Girl a bunch of times while wearing other outfits. Even the reason she wore it on Dark Phoenix Saga, it wasn't for the aesthetic... It was because it wasn't a Phoenix-related costume, as you already said. So, really, putting her in any costume that's not Phoenix-related is enough already?

    I also thought it could lead to something and have a deeper meaning, which is why Duggan saying he can write about how "It's her favorite one" pissed me off. It leads me to think that there's not really any bigger reason and when referring to DPS, Hickman really just meant the explanation she does to put it again there, which is nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Call me crazy but I don’t feel an once of responsibility for whatever the hell random strangers at the other end of the planet decide to post on twitter on any particular day of the week. Having said this I have to also say that The picture about “free tights” originally posted by Hickman is just creepy and weird if you ask me, looking at twitter, the people mentioned in your post were reacting to Duggan posting that particular pic once more…… I guess there’s little we can do …… people feel the way they feel.
    “Lack of politeness” has plagued the web ever since the dawn of its age, it’s hardly restricted comics fans that come in any size, shape or color just like any other group. As always any person should be judged on their singular actions and merits.
    The bad actors probably don't even post here but I did unfollow a few of them and I admit I was embarrassed by their behavior. I just think it is good to call out bad behavior in our community from time to time. I've already read on twitter others talking about the toxic fandom community (and they were referencing the "Jean stans".. it just makes me groan... I'm too old and too annoyed by childish behavior).

    However, collective behavior is mighty interesting and it can be fun seeing how these things go from mild to over the top really quick but I just wish people would try to be better. I mean activism is great but we are talking comics. I'd like to see this type of passion focused on better causes.

    As for Planet Size X-men I can't wait to see what happens. I am hoping Jean and Quire do more than just link everyone up.. .and I expect that they will. Maybe we will see some long range Psi-broadcasting lol I'm not sure what else they would do in creating a new planet or terraforming a planet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •