Page 280 of 529 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 7934
  1. #4186
    Incredible Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    HiX-Man's rationale (really, it's Jean's rationale) for both the dress and the name is sound. Some may not like it or agree with it but we are not Jean, living in her shoes, so...either let it go or continue to show up every month to repeat how much you hate the dress to anyone who would listen.
    Ultimately, It really doesn't matter what she's wearing or specifically, it doesn't matter if we like what she's wearing or not...once she's written well and illustrated beauty-fully...which her fan-base also seem to have a major issue with...not me though, I'm happy with the Jean I've been reading since HoX, So I'm excited for this new chapter in her life.
    I think it's valid to argument the same thing over and over again... But I don't like Hickman's writing (and are opnions), I like Taylor and Bendis. Duggan is something I'll only know by reading

  2. #4187
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Of course she can fight crime but it won't be believable in any other way. It ldoesn't look like what someone would use. So the critic is right
    For example Namor is a swimmer, swimmers usually use lycra pants or just speedos. Namor costume fits with what he is.



    It nets some blue On the knees or on the boots

    It really is a updated version of Lee costume
    Namor fights on land more often than not.
    Why won't it be beliveable. It's not like all the others are wearing armor.
    Expect she used it for so long in the past.And it worked.
    People fight crime in tights and heels.Her skillset requires no physical movement for the most part.
    Of course armor would be safer.Then why don't the others wear it.Polaris aren't going to be any less hurt by a hit because she is wearing a bodysuit.

  3. #4188
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,094

    Default

    The Supergirl show had Supergirl wearing a skirt for four years and she was a similar age as Jean. It looked fine. It was fine. No one complained then about it looking strange or being strange that she was wearing a skirt and it was only changed because it gets cold in Vancouver and Melissa Benoist wanted a warmer on-set costume.

    The dress being a dress isn't the problem if the costume has one. It's the fact that in comparison to other costumes it lacks detailing or anything to make it visually interesting - which is why it thrives in other media, because they've added that.





    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

  4. #4189
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Namor fights on land more often than not.
    Why won't it be beliveable. It's not like all the others are wearing armor.
    Expect she used it for so long in the past.And it worked.
    People fight crime in tights and heels.Her skillset requires no physical movement for the most part.
    Of course armor would be safer.Then why don't the others wear it.Polaris aren't going to be any less hurt by a hit because she is wearing a bodysuit.
    Namor still is the king of seas, he won't change clothes from nowhere to fight on Land.

    Because people don't fight crimes on dresses. Do you see police on dresses? no. even superheroes arent using dresses or are adapt it like Scarlet Witch.
    Costumes have to be evolved, unless they are timeless like Superman or even Batman.

    I'm not saying for everyone use armors. It's not a good fit for every superhero

    Supergirl TV show was so bad, I owuldn't use it as example. She changed to pants because the actress was complaining because it was too cold on Vancouver. It was mostly there to cheesecake and knowing about producers I would never put it as a win
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-14-2021 at 12:52 PM.

  5. #4190
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Namor still is the king of seas, he won't change clothes from nowhere to fight on Land.

    Because people don't fight crimes on dresses. Do you see police on dresses? no. even superheroes arent using dresses or are adapt it like Scarlet Witch.
    Costumes have to be evolved, unless they are timeless like Superman or even Batman.

    I'm not saying for everyone use armors. It's not a good fit for every superhero
    Well then by your logic Namot should wear more clothes while on land.He can always take them of to go to sea.Also aquaman's costume exist and all the atlantians in the 616 are not wearing underwear.They fight and live in water for their entire lives.

    Except she did.And it works.
    Police also don't wear skintight suits or underwear.They also don't have super-powers.
    The Jean costume is pretty iconic.Not timeless but it's not just another costume.

    It doesn't make sense for her to use armor.If you say is she loses her powers that goes for most characters.Most of them should wear armor but don't.

  6. #4191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It nets some blue On the knees or on the boots

    It really is a updated version of Lee costume
    I don't know how to draw knee pads or boots (yet). I made this one with the Lee gold/yellow/orange.

  7. #4192
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Well then by your logic Namot should wear more clothes while on land.He can always take them of to go to sea.Also aquaman's costume exist and all the atlantians in the 616 are not wearing underwear.They fight and live in water for their entire lives.

    Except she did.And it works.
    Police also don't wear skintight suits or underwear.They also don't have super-powers.
    The Jean costume is pretty iconic.Not timeless but it's not just another costume.

    It doesn't make sense for her to use armor.If you say is she loses her powers that goes for most characters.Most of them should wear armor but don't.
    No. When im on the beach I use less clothes. It's not like he will switch clothes to be on land and then switch again to be on the sea. That is impractical since there is rivers and lakes on land. It has nothing to o with my argument

    It works where? Jean looks like a housewife just decided to hang out with X-men. Nothing against housewife, but Jean isnt one.

    Police use tight costumes, I even remember some people mocking police officers doing a bad job "maybe lacked oxygen on brains because they use tight pants"
    The costume isn't iconic, it is one of the least known ones. Jean iconic costumes are Lee's 90s and Phoenix.

  8. #4193
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The Supergirl show had Supergirl wearing a skirt for four years and she was a similar age as Jean. It looked fine. It was fine. No one complained then about it looking strange or being strange that she was wearing a skirt and it was only changed because it gets cold in Vancouver and Melissa Benoist wanted a warmer on-set costume.

    The dress being a dress isn't the problem if the costume has one. It's the fact that in comparison to other costumes it lacks detailing or anything to make it visually interesting - which is why it thrives in other media, because they've added that.





    The mask and gloves were also improved there. As of now Jean's costume looks like an awful mashup of a random dress, some dishwashing gloves, rain boots and a halloween mask.

  9. #4194
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't know how to draw knee pads or boots (yet). I made this one with the Lee gold/yellow/orange.
    Oh I love how this looks

  10. #4195
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    The mask and gloves were also improved there. As of now Jean's costume looks like an awful mashup of a random dress, some dishwashing gloves, rain boots and a halloween mask.
    Right. I don't agree that it looks like a halloween mask per se, but I understand where you're coming from; they're all my biggest criticisms too. I don't like the lack of detailing on the dress, and I don't like that the gloves and the boots are drawn incorrectly - because they aren't supposed to be "floppy," and that bothers me more with the boots than the gloves. But the base design isn't bad. It's good, even. Very retro chic.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

  11. #4196
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    My answer to the x-men Monday interview

    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  12. #4197
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,094

    Default

    Oh that is fantastic Daedra!!!

    Were you tracing Carmen Carnero there? No judgment if so. It's gorgeous.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

  13. #4198
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Right. I don't agree that it looks like a halloween mask per se, but I understand where you're coming from; they're all my biggest criticisms too. I don't like the lack of detailing on the dress, and I don't like that the gloves and the boots are drawn incorrectly - because they aren't supposed to be "floppy," and that bothers me more with the boots than the gloves. But the base design isn't bad. It's good, even. Very retro chic.
    10 days ago we were admiring said costume:



    It occurred to me that what may be really bothering some of us is her characterisation and we're just taking out on the costume.

  14. #4199
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh that is fantastic Daedra!!!

    Were you tracing Carmen Carnero there? No judgment if so. It's gorgeous.
    No problem I used this panel as template, then I animated it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  15. #4200
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My answer to the x-men Monday interview
    Yeah... I mean, we all knew the motivation was probably something silly like that, but having the confirmation of the stupidity and poor consideration about how the character should actually feel... *sigh*... let's just say you captured it perfectly.

    Thanks for sharing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •