Page 292 of 719 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 10783

Jean just hold it for a bit while Magneto put on orbit. Really meh feat, secially that it still was small.

Again Jean Grey didn't interact with any Avenger or FF. complete waste of a event

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I can only account for my taste and preferences but to me a jean grey without omega tk feels like a vegetarian steak or a pizza without cheese, don’t want to ruin it for the excited posters but my “power fantasy” about her is totally deflated.
    Like I said before, both tk and tp are psionic powers, so to me it doesn't make much sense that one would be so much stronger than the other. But, if Jean is allowed to use her TK and it is super strong as it looked like at that panel, I'm happy.

I posted some time ago: short of reality wrapping, unlimited tk is the strongest power there is. And I'd be very afraid for Jean's life (literally) if she displayed anything remotely like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean just hold it for a bit while Magneto put on orbit. Really meh feat, secially that it still was small.

Again Jean Grey didn't interact with any Avenger or FF. complete waste of a event
    No, she tossed it out of the atmosphere. He just caught it and put it on a stable orbit around the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    No, she tossed it out of the atmosphere. He just caught it and put it on a stable orbit around the planet.
    No, it was magento that put it on orbit, there isn't pink energy

...Your idea of an event not being a waste is for a character to interact with Avengers or FF members? I wonder if anyone on this board hates the X-Men as much as you do...

She threw it out of the planet as it was growing for him to catch.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-16-2021 at 10:34 AM.

She said: "Up you go" and gave it a strong push. Once it's in movement and on space (close to zero friction) she didn't need to keep pushing, that's why there is no pink energy anymore. Momentum does the trick. Then he caught it, stopped it and placed it on the right distance so it would have a stable orbit around the planet.

She said: "Up you go" and gave it a strong push. Once it's in movement and on space (close to zero friction) she didn't need to keep pushing, that's why there is no pink energy anymore. Momentum does the trick. Then he caught it, stopped it and placed it on the right distance so it would have a stable orbit around the planet.
    She just put on vertical position but it was magneto that lift it to put on Orbit

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...Your idea of an event not being a waste is for a character to interact with Avengers or FF members? I wonder if anyone on this board hates the X-Men as much as you do...
    It is extremely boring. I'm a critical fan.
    Jean did very little and had no character development

She threw it out of the planet as it was growing for him to catch.
    The page doesn't look like she threw it

She just put on vertical position but it was magneto that lift it to put on Orbit
    Look at the action lines on the panel where she says: "up you go". It's clearly her who pushed the thing out of the planet. You don't see his blue energy around the station either. It's moving on its own because she pushed it. It's inertia at work.

EDIT: Also, when someone says "catch" it's because they're throwing something on someone else's direction.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Look at the action lines on the panel where she says: "up you go". It's clearly her who pushed the thing out of the planet. You don't see his blue energy around the station either. It's moving on its own because she pushed it. It's inertia at work.
    it really isn't clear to me. There isn't any pink energy around. maybe sh lifted it a little but it was Magneto doing the rest

Why would she say "Magneto catch" if she wasnt throwing it to him? People catch things that are thrown

Like I said before, both tk and tp are psionic powers, so to me it doesn't make much sense that one would be so much stronger than the other. But, if Jean is allowed to use her TK and it is super strong as it looked like at that panel, I'm happy.

I posted some time ago: short of reality wrapping, unlimited tk is the strongest power there is. And I'd be very afraid for Jean's life (literally) if she displayed anything remotely like that.
    I’m glad the magic is still working for you, I wish I could change my own taste but I’m not really feeling it anymore.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-16-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would she say "Magneto catch" if she wasnt throwing it to him? People catch things that are thrown
    No always, sometime they are just passing something.

it really isn't clear to me. There isn't any pink energy around. maybe sh lifted it a little but it was Magneto doing the rest
    There isn't the pink energy around because she wasn't lifting it up anymore. She pushed it out of the planet. One very strong push, once it's out of the atmosphere it will keep moving because of Uncle Newton's first law. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m glad the magic is still working for you, I wish I could feel differently but I’m not really feeling it.
    I wouldn't say the magic is working for me, though. The magic for me is on her characterisation, not her power. And, on that, this issue left me very conflicted, actually.

I wouldn't say the magic is working for me, though. The magic for me is on her characterisation, not her power. And, on that, this issue left me very conflicted, actually.
    The power is 30% of what I like, another 50% is her personality and the remaining 20% is the phoenix connection

The phoenix is gone so that’s a 20% less, the power is kinda going the boring side of things, it was a nice balance of tk-tp but no longer, and regarding the personality between the polyamory, the battleground meltdowns and overall passivity this new era hasn’t been good either
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-16-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”