Page 296 of 719 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair to Jean, she was injured in HoX and dealing with the trauma of her team dying around her. I dont think it would have been as strainful on her under normal conditions. Monet may have assisted in initiating the connection, the fact that she was able to maintain it after she left, meant that she didnt really need her
    Sure. It's really impressive.

But the distance from Mars to Earth is more than 2x bigger than the Sun to Earth. So, I'd say it probably took both Quentin and Jean working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    If she used cerebro is because she isn't powerful. I bet that uncanny 500 was written by Fraction that swoe she was a omega telepath LOL
    She needed the cuckoos to deliver a planetary message.

I end this conversation now, this thread about Jean not Emma
    Cerebro isnt a measure of one's abilities bc if we go by that, then you will have to negate many of Jean's past feats

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    I think Emma could do it, but that's because an omega telepath like Jean can literally reach across a dimension. Like she did in X of Swords. Emma is supposed to be an alpha level telepath and not many other than Jean have more power than her, so I think she could reach Mars with a lot of effort, but I say that because Jean when using a lot of effort can reach into an entirely different dimension, and that is something that non-omega telepaths can't do.
    Rachel (on Krakoa) freed Rogue (in Otherworld) from her kind of coma without any problem and yet she was no longer recognized as an omega

Cerebro isnt a measure of one's abilities bc if we go by that, then you will have to negate many of Jean's past feats
    So be it. If you need a device you aren't up to the task

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rachel (on Krakoa) freed Rogue (in Otherworld) from her kind of coma without any problem and yet she was no longer recognized as an omega
    Exactly. That's why I'm wondering why reaching Mars would be considered something an Alpha wouldn't be able to do. Like... Rachel is an Alpha now and has reached much, much further. Doesn't make sense to me why people are saying it would need Jean and Quentin together to reach Mars and that Emma couldn't do it alone, when in fact we have seen both Jean and Rachel reach otherworld on their own and that's an entirely different dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How did people like the way that Duggan wrote Jean in this one? I thought it was nice that he gave her a bit of playfulness and personality in her dialogue.
    I don't really like the circumstances for the humour because I think it made her look a bit like a rookie on her use of telepathy. But, you know, that wouldn't have bothered me much, actually, for the sake of the humour.

I'm more worried about the what appeared to be the "forcefulness" of the use of her telepathy at that point.

I'm also wondering if Jean knew of the plans to call Mars the capital of the Solar System and announce a "regent" to it that has not been democratically elected by the majority of the intelligent lifeforms of the system. If Jean is okay with it... Well... I don't want to spoil stuff, so I'll leave it at that.

So be it. If you need a device you aren't up to the task
    But she didn't use it. So... what's the point of even discussing Cerebro? The only time she used Cerebro to reach a planetary scale of telepathy is when she needed to mindwipe the planet instead of just communicating, and obviously mindwiping all of their memories of mutants is much harder than just connecting their minds.

Wasn't Rogue in England, in the Lighthouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Maybe so, thanks for correcting me

Please, have a look at the distances I posted. Jean strained from the Sun to Earth. She probably didn't reach from Mars to Earth on her own.

X of Swords had Nathan contacting Jean. They're mother and son in a moment of "great despair". Some writers take those deep bonds of affection and extreme circumstances into consideration.
    I think Jean straining was a mistake they made.

To be fair to Jean, she was injured in HoX and dealing with the trauma of her team dying around her. I dont think it would have been as strainful on her under normal conditions. Monet may have assisted in initiating the connection, the fact that she was able to maintain it after she left, meant that she didnt really need her
    Exactly. Under normal cirmcumstances, no strain for Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yes she was

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    Exactly. That's why I'm wondering why reaching Mars would be considered something an Alpha wouldn't be able to do. Like... Rachel is an Alpha now and has reached much, much further. Doesn't make sense to me why people are saying it would need Jean and Quentin together to reach Mars and that Emma couldn't do it alone, when in fact we have seen both Jean and Rachel reach otherworld on their own and that's an entirely different dimension.
    If actual measurements don't make sense to you, I don't see how any argument could make sense to you.

The only telepathic contact between the Otherworld and Earth was Nathan and Jean (both telepaths) who have a bond of mother and son and contacted during circumstances that Jean herself described as extreme.

Those are the arguments. If you can't accept them, it's fine. But can we move on from a discussion that won't lead anywhere, please?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Maybe so, thanks for correcting me
    No problem. I wasn't 100% sure either. Thankfully, we can count with one our loremasters, Havok83. :D

BANNED

If you like Hickman's run continue to appreciate it.

I'm posting my opinion, I didn't like it. I was lied about her feat, I don't like to be held with expectations and it doesn't deliver.
    To be fair, why were your expectations high? Lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How did people like the way that Duggan wrote Jean in this one? I thought it was nice that he gave her a bit of playfulness and personality in her dialogue.
    It was inoffensive and she got to use her powers and do something without crying helplessly, which is pretty much where my bar is right now with this particular character.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-16-2021 at 04:09 PM.

If actual measurements don't make sense to you, I don't see how any argument could make sense to you.

The only telepathic contact between the Otherworld and Earth was Nathan and Jean (both telepaths) who have a bond of mother and son and contacted during circumstances that Jean herself described as extreme.

Those are the arguments. If you can't accept them, it's fine. But can we move on from a discussion that won't lead anywhere, please?
    Oh, I understand the arguments. But I disregard the moon issue because of the circumstances, which Havok83 already pointed out. Jean was under a ton of pressure and trauma when doing that. Emma was not under any pressure or facing any trauma with what she was doing. That changes performance greatly. That's why I'm not acknowledging the measurements because Jean's strain there was circumstantial and I believe that normally she would reach much further and there is no other indication that they could not just reach Mars with their telepathy considering planetary telepathy has been easy for them. And yes, the Otherworld was Nathan and Jean, but this Nathan is younger and his telepathy didn't even match up to Esme Cuckoo's alone, as we've seen in the Cable series. So I still see that communication across dimensions as mostly a Jean feat. Anyway, sure, let's move on.
    Last edited by Seraphim Rosenhart; 06-16-2021 at 04:14 PM.