Page 297 of 719 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Thank you Grinning Soul, I think everyone should be allowed to express their view as long as it is done in a civil manner, people have the option to read and engage or skip and ignore, nothing is mandatory.
    Sorry, dear. I didn't see your message before.

No problem. I totally agree with you: as long as people are respectful, let them talk about what they want. No one needs to engage in discussions they don't enjoy. And we can all use some understanding from time to time. I prefer frustrated fans to vent here, with us, where it should be safe, than to let the frustration grow until they can stop themselves and go "shout" at the creators.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    Exactly. That's why I'm wondering why reaching Mars would be considered something an Alpha wouldn't be able to do. Like... Rachel is an Alpha now and has reached much, much further. Doesn't make sense to me why people are saying it would need Jean and Quentin together to reach Mars and that Emma couldn't do it alone, when in fact we have seen both Jean and Rachel reach otherworld on their own and that's an entirely different dimension.
    To be fair, it isn't the stories that have made a big deal out of a telepath sending messages between planets. Some people are doing that to try to rationalize something that isn't out of the ordinary as an inventive feat because otherwise Jean got her butt totally and utterly kicked in every way in HoX and again didn't do much in this latest important issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    My personal preference would be for that bird to stay the heck away from Jean.

But, at the same time, if fans can't vent their frustration to other fans about aspects of the character, on a thread dedicated to the character, where are they supposed to do it? Complaining won't change anything, but let people complain. Everyone likes to be heard when they're annoyed, right? Who is supposed to be more understanding than we, other fans?

I'm up for trying to talk about more positive aspects as well. Recently, I replied to a post about it, focusing on the positive and leaving out as much as possible of the negative stuff. I'm also up to discussing things we'd like to see. Some weeks ago, another poster asked what would be an omega-level telepathic feat. I think I was the only one who replied.

But, you know, those posts don't get much engagement, unfortunately... I guess it's because people are very frustrated? So... let them vent. What's the alternative? Censor them?
    I don’t think a fan page is supposed to be for venting. I think it’s for all kinds of discussion. Jean could be Marvel Gjrl for the next 5 years. If that’s going to be the case they there is no point about venting about that same issue or problem all the time. At least come up with new things to talk about and if it gets beyond a certain point of happiness perhaps a person might consider moving on. I used to be a fan of Spider Man. Whey gia Comics got too sucky I just dropped them.

Oh, I understand the arguments. But I disregard the moon issue because of the circumstances, which Havok83 already pointed out. Jean was under a ton of pressure and trauma when doing that. Emma was not under any pressure or facing any trauma with what she was doing. That changes performance greatly. That's why I'm not acknowledging the measurements because Jean's strain there was circumstantial and I believe that normally she would reach much further and there is no other indication that they could not just reach Mars with their telepathy considering planetary telepathy has been easy for them. And yes, the Otherworld was Nathan and Jean, but this Nathan is younger and his telepathy didn't even match up to Esme Cuckoo's alone, as we've seen in the Cable series. So I still see that communication across dimensions as mostly a Jean feat. Anyway, sure, let's move on.
    EDIT: Sorry. Let's move on.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-16-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, why were your expectations high? Lololol

It was inoffensive and she got to use her powers and do something without crying helplessly, which is pretty much where my bar is right now with this particular character.

It's sad that despite being an omega level telepath, they still treat Jean like she's too weak sometimes and have her pass out. Personally, I think that's a negative portrayal of her that's been around since the 90s animated show, which unfortunately portrayed her as much weaker. I wish more writers would show off how powerful Jean really is. Maybe the new X-men team will give her more moments to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's not the Moon, though. It's the Sun! And the distance between the Earth and Mars are more than 2x bigger than the Earth and the Sun!

The circumference of a planet is nothing compared to the distance between them.
    Sorry, I've been reading this wrong because I have been doing university work at the same time. Okay, I see where you are coming from on that. The writers probably did not know the exact distances and probably thought it was closer. And with that in mind, it was probably Jean, Quentin and Emma together (Quentin and Jean for the distance and then Emma to connect the Hellfire Gala's guests in. I can see your point there. Sorry I didn't process your earlier messages properly and misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Why would you tell someone to catch something if they already had it??

lmao
    I almost posted this exact response earlier but my internet went out!

Anyway.. I am very hopeful that Duggan will give us a good Jean. I like her personality under him and I like that she is powerful. I think she'll be a capable and confident leader. Having said that though, I think it is important for characters to show vulnerability or even some self doubt.

I think most of the characters should strain when doing big tasks. It is boring if everything they do is easy. It is boring to me. I want to see Jean sometimes struggle. I want Storm to struggle. I want Magneto to struggle. If they are too powerful then it is boring.

I love Jean as Phoenix (codename and imagery) but I don't want Jean to be all powerful/cosmic. I just want her to be a powerful tp/tk and be included in stories and perhaps sometimes have her own story away from Cyclops or Wolverine.

Another thing I loved about Planet Size is Jean interacted with Magneto, Exodus, Quire, and Jamie (as well as the new omega mutants). I love it when Jean is doing her own thing and not tied to romantic connections (though I have a soft spot for Cyclops).

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think a fan page is supposed to be for venting. I think it’s for all kinds of discussion. Jean could be Marvel Gjrl for the next 5 years. If that’s going to be the case they there is no point about venting about that same issue or problem all the time. At least come up with new things to talk about and if it gets beyond a certain point of happiness perhaps a person might consider moving on. I used to be a fan of Spider Man. Whey gia Comics got too sucky I just dropped them.
    I get what you mean. But the thing is if we say a fan page isn't for venting, what else will we deem not appropriate? You see the problem? :/

That's why I think we shouldn't try to limit the topics. We should just ask the tone to be respectful.

Personally, I agree that people need to move on (either by accepting or by quitting comics), but I think venting might actually help them.

BANNED

Different X-Men are prominent or not at different times. It’s a large group of people we’re dealing with.

I can say one nice thing about the Hickman era is that at least everyone is freaking out every ten seconds thinking Jean will become the Dark Phoenix. Jean through the space station to Magneto and no one freaked out. Jean atomized the plant men and no one freak out. For the first time Jean hatched out of an egg early in the Hickman run and no one freaked out.

Jeen come to the present and people were afraid if the return of the Dark Phoenix.

The X-Men cannot spend all their time in the shadow of one story, so I see why she was put in the back burner to let other characters rise and shine. Post AvX Jean took up a lot of the focus of the X-Men, really until Jeen was sent back to the past and X-Men Red got canceled.

Sorry, I've been reading this wrong because I have been doing university work at the same time. Okay, I see where you are coming from on that. The writers probably did not know the exact distances and probably thought it was closer. And with that in mind, it was probably Jean, Quentin and Emma together (Quentin and Jean for the distance and then Emma to connect the Hellfire Gala's guests in. I can see your point there. Sorry I didn't process your earlier messages properly and misunderstood.
    Sorry about my last message too. I had even edited it off because you had dropped the discussion as well.

Last time Jean was prominent it lasted 1 year. Meanwhile there is characters that are always prominent

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, why were your expectations high? Lololol

It was inoffensive and she got to use her powers and do something without crying helplessly, which is pretty much where my bar is right now with this particular character.
    I new he was lying, but I dont want to let him get away

Not sure about inoffensive, mpreg shouldn't be ajoke. Many men have kids because they are trans. Duggan has his brand of humour and this is it.

Pepe is my religion hahahahahaha

20210616_204352.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Pepe is my religion hahahahahaha

20210616_204352.jpg
    Of course someone will deny this even though the artist has come out and clarified it

The Orchis thing with Jean wasn't Jean communication keep in mind...Jean was also streaming in real-time the memories of the whole team so succeed or fail, Krakoa would have the most up to date info on the mission as possible

Also keep in mind this was instantaneous communication...faster than light...as the radio and other communications Beast and Trinary were using to make "best guess" forecasts, were on about an 8 minute delay