Page 299 of 719 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    sometimes I really do not understand you Jean Grey fan-people. Jean Grey just has been crucial part in the bloody process of terraforming A PLANET!!!! And you are not satisfied yet?!?!?!?! WTF?

lol I like my Jean Grey uberpowerful like most here, but this is definitely a power feat. that is more than satisfying for me.

Jean Grey is now one of the mothers of planets!!!! Rejoice!!!!!
    ThereÂ’s always a few hard core fans of each character that always want just their character to be both all powerful and the center of attention.

So along those lines, yes Jean played a crucial part in terraforming a planet. But she uses team work and theyÂ’re kit interested unless itÂ’s all about Jean.

I got one am happy to see Jean and other mutants use their powers to create instead of just destroy. I loved seeing a group of omega mutants bring life to Mars.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    About Emma: she's an extraordinarily powerful telepath, no discussion. But I'm not sure if any non-omega telepath has range to reach another planet. Not even with Cerebro. But yeah... we just don't know. This kind of stuff depends on who is writing.

About tk: it's really impressive, especially if you take the scale of the characters and the size of the object into consideration. It's just not as impressive as it if was on Earth. I thought I should point out just for the sake of future comparisons we might want to make when considering other of her tk's feats.

Personally, I'd be happier if her tk was also omega-level. But I can live with strong tk like that very happily.
    Rachel actually managed that feat w/o the Phoenix Force. When she was stranded in Shi'ar space (with Havok & Lorna, I think), she actually connected to Utopia.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Jean and everyone involved were awesome in this issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Some Jean stans have to understand that other characters need to be showcased as well. Our fave can’t be the star all the time! I for one like Exodus am super satisfied with the showing Jean got in Planet Size!

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Rachel actually managed that feat w/o the Phoenix Force. When she was stranded in Shi'ar space (with Havok & Lorna, I think), she actually connected to Utopia.
    Carey's run, right ?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I'll need help here again, but didn't she actually astral-project and that's why she was caught in Age of X and became kinda of a ghost for a while when they came out of that pocket reality?

It's still *super* impressive, but it's not the same power.

EDIT: Also, wasn't she still powered by an echo of the Phoenix back then? I really don't remember. If it was up to me, Rachel would be an Omega too...
    EDIT 2: Actually, I think when Rogue's team in X-Men Legacy comes to rescue them, Rachel doesn't have the echo anymore. They were just drawing/coloring her power as if she had, but I think she lost during one of those minis against Vulcan (Kingbreaker?)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-17-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Wasn't Rogue in England, in the Lighthouse?
    I just remembered that Rogue's mind is extremely well defended (Red Skull in particular struggled to control her even using Xavier's telepathy to the max) so it's still pretty impressive

I'll need help here again, but didn't she actually astral-project and that's why she was caught in Age of X and became kinda of a ghost for a while when they came out of that pocket reality?

It's still *super* impressive, but it's not the same power.

EDIT: Also, wasn't she still powered by an echo of the Phoenix back then? I really don't remember. If it was up to me, Rachel would be an Omega too...
    EDIT 2: Actually, I think when Rogue's team in X-Men Legacy comes to rescue them, Rachel doesn't have the echo anymore. They were just drawing/coloring her power as if she had, but I think she lost during one of those minis against Vulcan (Kingbreaker?)
    Yep she lost it in Kingbreaker #4

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I just remembered that Rogue's mind is extremely well defended (Red Skull in particular struggled to control her even using Xavier's telepathy to the max) so it's still pretty impressive
    Rachel is undeniably a powerhouse on her own right. If it was up to me, she would certainly be an Omega, if for nothing else for her chronoskrimming ability. And, for me, psyonic powers should be considered as one, since they're generated by the same mind. It should be "Omega psyonic", not "Omega telepath", though I understand they want to make the distinction.

I was just trying to frame the powers through the current view of the writers, though, since those upper limits vary a lot from run to run, unfortunately.

Rachel is undeniably a powerhouse on her own right. If it was up to me, she would certainly be an Omega, if for nothing else for her chronoskrimming ability. And, for me, psyonic powers should be considered as one, since they're generated by the same mind. It should be "Omega psyonic", not "Omega telepath", though I understand they want to make the distinction.

I was just trying to frame the powers through the current view of the writers, though, since those upper limits vary a lot from run to run, unfortunately.
    Yeah (makes me think back to Lorna inexplicably ruined by Claremont, Storm and Rachel miserably written in Gold, and Jean in HoX #4)

Speaking of Jean and Lorna, I really hope they are written with the respect they deserve in X-Men

Yeah (makes me think back to Lorna inexplicably ruined by Claremont, Storm and Rachel miserably written in Gold, and Jean in HoX #4)

Speaking of Jean and Lorna, I really hope they are written with the respect they deserve in X-Men
    The two first X-women *should* be written with respect, to say the least, yes.

I'll give the book a fair try and considering the preview pages, Lorna seems to be written as the powerful mutant she's supposed to be. We can't say much about Jean yet. But fingers crossed! :)

EDIT: although, as I said before, I prefer Jean's characterization to feel right than her powers to be jaw-dropping. Having both things would be a dream, but if I had to choose, it'd prefer characterization. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-17-2021 at 07:02 AM.

The two first X-women *should* be written with respect, to say the least, yes.

I'll give the book a fair try and considering the preview pages, Lorna seems to be written as the powerful mutant she's supposed to be. We can't say much about Jean yet. But fingers crossed!

EDIT: although, as I said before, I prefer Jean's characterization to feel right than her powers to be jaw-dropping. Having both things would be a dream, but if I had to choose, it'd prefer characterization.
    I also cross my fingers that Jean and Lorna team up as a duo once or twice
    For once they're on the same team, it's a perfect opportunity

And yes, characterizations are the most important thing

Teaming up would certainly be fun!

I don't know if Duggan will have time, though. We're supposed to have a new team next year, right? So... we should expect around 12 issues with this roster? When you have a team of 7, it gets more complicated to focus on just two characters.

But maybe they have to split the team at some point in 3 groups? Not sure if getting them together would be the best choice considering their powers, but with a good explanation it could work. I'd enjoy reading it for sure. :)

Not really inexplicable considering Lorna was the empowered second x-woman and best friend to Jean of the late 1960s and early 70s and he wanted another character for that role in perpetuity. I just wish he returned Lorna to her other 1960s queen of the militant mutants role rather then a fembot.

Eventually other writers nearly a decade after his first run did take her back to something akin to her more M2 role though runs to date have been reluctant to commit to it.

Duggan has a comments on this topic.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...50279415885824

I will say Lorna and Jean had a team up in the 90s. In fact a whole issue of them in the Savage Land, but it didn't amount to anything long term because their relationship at that time was devoid of any tension or deeper issues that propelled other popular X-Men duos like their mentors Mags and Xavier. But, yes at least one duo power team up is coming.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-17-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Teaming up would certainly be fun!

I don't know if Duggan will have time, though. We're supposed to have a new team next year, right? So... we should expect around 12 issues with this roster? When you have a team of 7, it gets more complicated to focus on just two characters.

But maybe they have to split the team at some point in 3 groups? Not sure if getting them together would be the best choice considering their powers, but with a good explanation it could work. I'd enjoy reading it for sure.
    I was thinking of the second option (the team that splits into different groups)
    Their powers may seem similar but they are also very different I think (it seems to me that Lorna and Rachel sometimes teamed up when they were in space so who knows)