Page 3 of 719 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Scott needs to stop being a "weenie" and just accept that Jean is more powerful than him

BANNED

That's the main reason there will be no Phoenix Jean.

My guess is, if it comes back to the X-Men side, it goes to Rachel. That way, Cyclops is still near the center of the story because it's his kid and Jean doesn't become "female character made to rival Thor" level again.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I would perfectly be okay with him having reservations with her becoming the Phoenix again but those reservations being quickly resolved because he decides to trust her and her ability to control the Phoenix.
    I don't think this is how trauma works if we take Scott's past seriously.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't think this is how trauma works if we take Scott's past seriously.
    Yeah but why do that? Chalk it up to the many conversations they had pre house of x and say they worked through there issues.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

It's late, but happy New Year's everyone. I feel like Jean should have more to do this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I trust Hickman and the other writers involved not to retread on Scott not trusting Jean becoming Phoenix again for a third time with no real basis.
    Well, he has had the Phoenix a few times now and has the experience of going dark. Also, the current location of the Summers' house says a lot, but that's me being optimistic. (It's a new year, so why not)

Anyways, this is about Jean. If anything, hopefully she can repair the Phoenix in the near future.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-03-2021 at 05:50 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I prefer that they develop the psionic form she was able to face the gladiator when she was the child ...
    images.jpg

To me, Jean will always be The Phoenix.

For 2021, I woud like the writers to allow Jean to embrace the name and costume as well as power of The Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

For 2021, I woud like the writers to allow Jean to embrace the name and costume as well as power of The Phoenix.
    For me, The Phoenix Force was the story of a transformation from a kind and sweet girl to a passionate and powerful woman.

This transformation made sense as it deepened and enriched the personality of Jean Grey. But Hickman’s run is less about individuals and more about… well, something else I can’t define but apparently has some interest for people who read it. Does Krakoa need another super-mega-powerful character that would monopolize the attention?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    For me, The Phoenix Force was the story of a transformation from a kind and sweet girl to a passionate and powerful woman.

This transformation made sense as it deepened and enriched the personality of Jean Grey. But Hickman’s run is less about individuals and more about… well, something else I can’t define but apparently has some interest for people who read it. Does Krakoa need another super-mega-powerful character that would monopolize the attention?
    Hahaha I think I'm having a clearer idea now

Krakoa has some Omega mutants. I think Ororo is the best one that fit it

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Scott needs to stop being a "weenie" and just accept that Jean is more powerful than him
    Jean needs someone that supports her, that asks if she is fine when she forgets about her own wellbeing.
    Scott liked so much being Phoenix that he did twice, the second was his choice. It really makes him look like a hipocrite.

That is why I want a YA book about Jean, there still romance but it is mainly about the protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That's the main reason there will be no Phoenix Jean.

My guess is, if it comes back to the X-Men side, it goes to Rachel. That way, Cyclops is still near the center of the story because it's his kid and Jean doesn't become "female character made to rival Thor" level again.
    Funny enough that Thor had two power ups recently and didn't went crazy. But female characters go crazy many times, women can't be that powerful and be sane.
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-03-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I prefer that they develop the psionic form she was able to face the gladiator when she was the child ...
    images.jpg
    And not only that, she was also able land a hit on Galactus (absorbing Psionic energy)

A good power that differentiated her from all the others x-men psychics

So sad that they never touched that power again with the adult Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    This is the text, the subtext, and meta commentary on the powers that be.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I actually think it makes a lot of sense that Cyclops is deeply traumatized by Jean being Phoenix to be honest...Phoenix messed him up good several times.
    Right, sure, but I think that after Seagle, Kelly, and Morrison Scott wouldn't be stupid enough to make that mistake with regards to Jean specifically. I feel like at this point if he were to believe anyone could wield the Phoenix successully, it'd be Jean, with Rachel and Hope close behind.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Sounds good.

It would be rather fun if the Phoenix force was created by Shi’ar from some remnants they found after Jean took her life on the moon. They wanted to examine what had happened to Jean, but the experiment went wrong, they created the Phoenix force that then somehow got loose, traveled throughout the universe and through time.
    Making Jean the one, true, original Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

I do not want Jean Grey Phoenix to monopolize the attention, but the PF is part of Jean. I just want good, imaginative writers who know how to write a very powerful lady and when to use the PF in stories and how/when not.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Sounds good.

It would be rather fun if the Phoenix force was created by Shi’ar from some remnants they found after Jean took her life on the moon. They wanted to examine what had happened to Jean, but the experiment went wrong, they created the Phoenix force that then somehow got loose, traveled throughout the universe and through time.
    Making Jean the one, true, original Phoenix.
    I like it!