Page 301 of 719 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Question for everyone who would like to speculate:

Considering what happened on the last issue of New Mutants, do you think we'll see Jean's reaction to that and what we'd assume could become a hot topic for the QC to rule?
    Lol no. I don't expect much centering on Jean's thoughts about anything.

I wonder if X-Men touches on it. The book has Laura in it and Jean would make sense to play a support role for Laura's reaction, given their connection, but it may be contained to New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Absolutely not. We didnt even see her reaction to anything dealing with Maddie
    Thankfully.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-17-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Absolutely not. We didnt even see her reaction to anything dealing with Maddie
    Unfortunately, I think you're right. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I wonder if X-Men touches on it. The book has Laura in it and Jean would make sense to play a support role for Laura's reaction, given their connection, but it may be contained to New Mutants.
    Exactly. Even if they forget about Jean's relationship with Gaby, Laura can't be over that by the time the team becomes active, right? Jean should be able to see at least that...

I'm not sure if Logan will react either. So far, only Daken and Laura appeared on New Mutants, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

I dont think X-men will touch on it much. Laura's appearing in New Mutants and I think thats where we will get her POV

Exactly. Even if they forget about Jean's relationship with Gaby, Laura can't be over that by the time the team becomes active, right? Jean should be able to see at least that...

I'm not sure if Logan will react either. So far, only Daken and Laura appeared on New Mutants, right?
    I wasnt even thinking of Jean's reaction to Gabby as I forgot she even had one

I dont think X-men will touch on it much. Laura's appearing in New Mutants and I think thats where we will get her POV

I wasnt even thinking of Jean's reaction to Gabby as I forgot she even had one
    X-Men: Red Annual is probably one of my favourite books with Jean ever. So it's close to my heart.

Question for everyone who would like to speculate:

Considering what happened on the last issue of New Mutants, do you think we'll see Jean's reaction to that and what we'd assume could become a hot topic for the QC to rule?
    Jean: who?

JK I really don't expect it. Jean havent talked with laura and Gaby since the end of X-men red. Writers onften forget that she has a life outside of Logan and Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Jean: who?

JK I really don't expect it. Jean havent talked with laura and Gaby since the end of X-men red. Writers onften forget that she has a life outside of Logan and Scott
    They talked in Uncanny X-men. Laura herself has been largely absent this era bc of the Vault stuff and Gabby has too up until a few months ago

They talked in Uncanny X-men. Laura herself has been largely absent this era bc of the Vault stuff and Gabby has too up until a few months ago
    That still is 2 years without any talk. Logan also barely interacted with gaby and I dont remember any interaction with Laura.
    All this setup is really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That still is 2 years without any talk. Loan also barely interacted with gaby and I dont remember any interaction with Laura.
    All this setup is really weird.
    He interacted with Laura in the issue where she went into the Vault. Its more of an issue with lack of work done with Laura and Gabby and less so on Jean. We never even got to see Laura reunite with Logan or him meeting and learning about Gabby despite having multiple books dedicated to his return

I look forward to Lorna and Jean doing something together with their powers in X-men 2. I've said it before but I think Duggan handles powers well. I know Storm fans are groaning and I get that totally because I agree (in regards to Storm in Marauders - too much lightning and not enough other weather stuff) but thought he handled Kitty's powers really well especially when she was fighting. He also did really well imo with Emma's telepathy. I have confidence that Duggan can do well with this team even though Jean and Lorna's powers are similar and same with Synch and Rogue (Rogue will probably mainly be a flying tank).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I look forward to Lorna and Jean doing something together with their powers in X-men 2. I've said it before but I think Duggan handles powers well. I know Storm fans are groaning and I get that totally because I agree (in regards to Storm in Marauders - too much lightning and not enough other weather stuff) but thought he handled Kitty's powers really well especially when she was fighting. He also did really well imo with Emma's telepathy. I have confidence that Duggan can do well with this team even though Jean and Lorna's powers are similar and same with Synch and Rogue (Rogue will probably mainly be a flying tank).
    I dont think Jean and Lorna's powers are that similar, especially since Jean's TP has been heavily been featured this era. I expect that to continue with her TK being used defensively (flight, shields, carrying people) and Lorna to use her magnetism more offensively and in destructive ways

I dont think Jean and Lorna's powers are that similar, especially since Jean's TP has been heavily been featured this era. I expect that to continue with her TK being used defensively (flight, shields, carrying people) and Lorna to use her magnetism more offensively and in destructive ways
    I think you are right. They seem to want to focus on Jean's TP as her main power (probably since she is Omega in it). Maybe we will see some new applications.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

They shouldn't be as similar but a lot of writers use magnetism like it is telekinesis. JDW has talked about this and has said he preferred Magneto mostly manipulate metal but alas he uses his magnetism to move anything and everything... which does make sense due to magnetic fields, etc... but it would differentiate their powers more if Lorna stuck to metal bending (Lorna fans groaning at me now lol).

My initial fear is that Lorna will do the heavy lifting stunts with her magnetism and Jean would stick mostly to telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    They shouldn't be as similar but a lot of writers use magnetism like it is telekinesis. JDW has talked about this and has said he preferred Magneto mostly manipulate metal but alas he uses his magnetism to move anything and everything... which does make sense due to magnetic fields, etc... but it would differentiate their powers more if Lorna stuck to metal bending (Lorna fans groaning at me now lol).

My initial fear is that Lorna will do the heavy lifting stunts with her magnetism and Jean would stick mostly to telepathy.
    Ive already prepared myself for that. Since her resurrection, Jean has rarely used her TK offensively. Duggan had her do so in Cable, so I hope we see more of that

Ive already prepared myself for that. Since her resurrection, Jean has rarely used her TK offensively. Duggan had her do so in Cable, so I hope we see more of that
    I could not imagine anything more boring, tk was my favorite power of hers, this turns me totally off for luck of a better term.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-17-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”