Page 303 of 719 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I always wondered how Jean got the 50s housewife reputation. Even the TAS version had her fiery moments
    Even in the 60s she had her moments!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    But she's purer, and cuter, and nicer when she doesn't attack. Jean Grey shouldn't be in stories where she has to show aggression.
    [/sarcasm]

She will, but it's alternate reality junk.
    Could be worse, on heroes reborn she is canon fodder to the squadron, only show up briefly on panel and serves to fuel Logan vengeance

Another one

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

"Jean Grey goes beyond mutation." I LOVE it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Whack! Bash! Wharam! :D

Duggan, Pepe, please, make it happen! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Yeah. Big impactful panels. Awesome!

Shame they didn't use them much back in the 80s. I love Jean in X-Factor, even though she didn't have her telepathy (which was a bummer).

Louise's Jean had such a range of emotions: she was temperamental, but she wasn't flying off the handle all the time. She was also rational and pragmatic. She was capable of self-reflection and able to recognise when she was wrong. She was super sweet at the same time and a loyal friend and ally. I know it's not easy to balance all those contradictory characteristics (and others) of the character, but I'd really like Duggan to try. I'm so tired of seeing Jean kinda just being there...

I also love the sense of cultivation, class and dignity that Lodbell gave her in the 90s. Considering her upbringing, it felt right. It felt like a more mature Jean, though she certainly still had her temper about her!
    You describe Simonson's Jean perfectly. I might just have to pull out my X-factor back issues. I like to revisit that era from time to time. When I first read some of X-factor as a kid I didn't like the retcon about Jean/Phoenix so Jean denying the Phoenix was really bothersome, but now that she has been Phoenix multiple times since then I don't even mind all that stuff.

I've described 90's Jean also as more settled and mature compared to the X-factor version which to me makes sense because of all that she went through during the X-factor years - learning about Phoenix, Maddie, dealing with Scott, obtaining the memories of Phoenix and Maddie, losing Nathan, regaining her telepathy, etc.

Jean should feel like a complete character with complexities and I hope Duggan can show some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You describe Simonson's Jean perfectly. I might just have to pull out my X-factor back issues. I like to revisit that era from time to time. When I first read some of X-factor as a kid I didn't like the retcon about Jean/Phoenix so Jean denying the Phoenix was really bothersome, but now that she has been Phoenix multiple times since then I don't even mind all that stuff.

I've described 90's Jean also as more settled and mature compared to the X-factor version which to me makes sense because of all that she went through during the X-factor years - learning about Phoenix, Maddie, dealing with Scott, obtaining the memories of Phoenix and Maddie, losing Nathan, regaining her telepathy, etc.

Jean should feel like a complete character with complexities and I hope Duggan can show some of that.
    I love Simonson's X-Factor run, 'cause she inherited a mess and she embraced it and made it work. It was the first time the O5 were trying something on their own and they're making mistakes and doubting themselves and dealing with all that personal drama at the same time. So even though everything moves fast and they're all doing crazy stuff, they feel so real! :)

You have the sense they're good people, but they're also messed up, dealing with pressure they're not equipped to deal with. I don't need my heroes to be perfect. I love this kind of things.

When they move back into the X-Men, times got really tough too - probably much worst depending on how you see it - but there two teams and the often worked together. It was a bigger support structure. And you know, for Scott and Jean in particular, after finally settling down as a couple (and then later as husband and wife), they both became stronger, calmer, more confident, which also reads like a natural progression for them.

I love it! :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-17-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is my Jean

Same...and this is my Jean as well

Screenshot_20210617-191413_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

That intense flash of rage! It wasn't her being attacked that set her off, but when you attack the ones that she loves, you better start praying to your chosen God or Gods.

Jean catching a plane midflight and showing Logan he needs to put some respect on her!

Uses her TK as a grappling hook in space to move the aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

Screenshot_20210617-191413_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

That intense flash of rage! It wasn't her being attacked that set her off, but when you attack the ones that she loves, you better start praying to your chosen God or Gods.
    Someone needs to make a memo about this
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

The fury on those green eyes! Scary! :D

I love when she goes: "Oh, no, you didn't!" and lashed out like an angry mamma bear protecting her cubs (even if her "cubs" are grown men).

So many cool moments. Thanks so much for sharing, guys. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    So many cool moments. Thanks so much for sharing, guys.
    No no, thank you!