Page 32 of 719 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If true...(it's BC, after all)...Jean was right to ditch that turkey when she did. Aaron could do whatever he wants, she has no use for it now and really doesn't need that albatross around her neck, ever again.
    When is BC not true?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    When is BC not true?
    Guffaw and much chortling...oh, were you serious? tee-hee-hee.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

The Thor's mom thing is true and awful.

This sucks, but it all stems from Endsong. They long ago decided the Phoenix should be about whatever pet character the author wants, from Cyclops and Emma to now Thor.

It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    When is BC not true?
    Ignore it, Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is it possible that after the Avengers Phoenix host does whatever Aaron wants in his story that the PF will return to Jean?
    I have to imagine that Hickman will have his X-Men epic cover all parts of it's universe, so he can't exactly ignore the Phoenix. It's pretty obviously going to get cosmic by the end anyways.

Is it possible that after the Avengers Phoenix host does whatever Aaron wants in his story that the PF will return to Jean?
    Only when he ends his Avengers run, seems like it will be a long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I literally rolled my eyes when I read the article. Such an idiotic and unnecessary retcon.
    It is really unbelievable idiotic. uff! The author Aaron really just throws everything on the wall without thinking a lot about it, isn't he...?! Now I finally understand what so many users here are meaning when they denounce a work of an author as "fan fiction". Sorry for being rude, but this is some serious idiotic fan fiction writing...

sooo, is Nightcrawler's Draco storyline still the worst retcon in comicbook history or is it now Thor's new mama?!

BANNED

it will be retconed/ignored or deadass countered with a tongue in cheek story when the time comes, cleaning out the trash so to speak

if we want to retcon parental relationships why not finally revealing that Mystique is actually Nightcrawler's father and Destiny his biological mother....there are so many interesting ideas to have but making Phoenix Thor's mother is not one of them. lol

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I feel like it needs a big cleansing before it returns to Jean at this point. It would be nice.

As of now, that retcon left me with a big facepalm.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Aaron has ruined the phoenix beyond repair. It's best to forget it was ever associated with Jean.

BANNED

Unless there's the same level of rejection as Secret Empire, nope. Which is impossible considering it's just a bundle of dumb retcons, not turning a beloved Jack Kirby creation into a nazi.

Aaron will hold onto the Phoenix for, at least, two or three more years, give or take. Marvel won't take him off the Avengers until he finishes whatever he wants to do. He'll probably not do something as lenghty as his Thor story, but we're probably only getting close to the end of the first half of his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    It is really unbelievable idiotic. uff! The author Aaron really just throws everything on the wall without thinking a lot about it, isn't he...?! Now I finally understand what so many users here are meaning when they denounce a work of an author as "fan fiction". Sorry for being rude, but this is some serious idiotic fan fiction writing...

sooo, is Nightcrawler's Draco storyline still the worst retcon in comicbook history or is it now Thor's new mama?!
    Is this avengers comic book having good sales?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Since HiX-Man might have known Jean was ditching the PF once and for all (in Brisson's P:Resurrection)...I don't think he actually cares what Aaron does with it.
    As an XM plot point...it's served its purpose. I wish it well, and let it go, to find a new host and be irrelevant in another franchise.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Bleeding Cool Avengers 42 Enormous retcon Phoenix Force
    If this is true, then I'm perfectly fine with Jean and the rest of the X-Men dissociating themselves with the Phoenix Force for the foreseeable future.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Didn't Thor already have his mom retconned as Gaea? This a mess...