Page 33 of 719 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast

It seems like just a way to make Thor more powerful because Phoenix Is now his mommy

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Listen, we all knew this was coming. Once AvX happened, the writing was on the wall. The amount of editorial retcons to the Phoenix and Phoenix history was the beginning of this mess. And it's only going to get worse. Let's be thankful that both Jean and Rachel are far away from this mess, and share sympathies for those Thor fans. If what BC reports is true, Thor's book and world is about to get real messy: Not only is he not a full god, but now he is a demi-god and potentially A MUTANT. (Cave-Jean is a human mutant. Therefore Thor would be part human, part god and have some mutant dna in him). If Hickman is smart he'll let this implode over in Avengers land and not let this affect his books. Because it doesn't affect Jean at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It seems like just a way to make Thor more powerful because Phoenix Is now his mommy
    actually they just made him the son of a cave mutant woman who used to host the phoenix force, thor is not even a full god now

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Listen, we all knew this was coming. Once AvX happened, the writing was on the wall. The amount of editorial retcons to the Phoenix and Phoenix history was the beginning of this mess. And it's only going to get worse. Let's be thankful that both Jean and Rachel are far away from this mess, and share sympathies for those Thor fans. If what BC reports is true, Thor's book and world is about to get real messy: Not only is he not a full god, but now he is a demi-god and potentially A MUTANT. (Cave-Jean is a human mutant. Therefore Thor would be part human, part god and have some mutant dna in him). If Hickman is smart he'll let this implode over in Avengers land and not let this affect his books. Because it doesn't affect Jean at this point.
    exactly!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I don't even know why Aaron is allowed to make sweeping changes to Thor like this when he's off the book. This why I stay in the X-corner of Marvel.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 02-02-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I try not to talk about it here, but what's being done to the Phoenix force is just awful. The Phoenix five really was the beginning of the end, and an open invitation for anyone to use it to get a cool costume. The Phoenix should be something that is unique to Jean, and while I'm fine with her not using at the time, I wish Marvel would respect that more.

My only hope is that Feige will use it one day with Jean, and that'll force Marvel to bring in someone who can fix this.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously...to all of this.
    The second they conceived of AvX the Phoenix's time as X-Men IP was numbered.
    Once Jean had rejected it, that was the last nail in its X-coffin.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Since HiX-Man might have known Jean was ditching the PF once and for all (in Brisson's P:Resurrection)...I don't think he actually cares what Aaron does with it.
    As an XM plot point...it's served its purpose. I wish it well, and let it go, to find a new host and be irrelevant in another franchise.
    Hickman may have to change some of his further off plans, because he did mention Galactus and Phoenix as threats to his creations the Dominions. What sucks is as down as I get on Hickman for his Jean, he would have done so much more and better work with the Phoenix Force. Aaron has been slowly ruining the concept since before AvX.

All of these stupid as f%^& ideas are all from the mind of Aaron, he has no understand of what the PF is and has slowly but surely ruined it's mythos and now it's just a fancy power up that anyone can wield.

I can think of half a dozen artifacts or forces in Marvel that would have made for better macguffins than the Phoenix Force, hell it doesn't even make sense. But you know what, WHATEVER!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm sure it's not going to be a major issue to re-plot some things going forward with regards to how he intended to deal with the Phalanx later on. Yes, he name-dropped Galactus and Phoenix as threats but he may very well come up with an entirely new and original solution to deal with the problem...a new cosmic entity, perhaps.
    Which, imo, is far more preferable to re-using and re-treading poisoned phoenix waters.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-02-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Good god, it really is the Phoenix Farce at this point, isn't it?

Jean holding Aron's head

Transformation-phoenix.jpg

AvX is when we can pinpoint when Aaron became obsessed with Phoenix

Simpler times. *sigh* Simpler times.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post

Simpler times. *sigh* Simpler times.
    Yes, but even that was flawed.

Jean's powers via the solar flare had made a quantum leap from Marvel Girl to Phoenix, yet Moira (and later Charles) were worried that she could not handle the power. If her powers made that leap, she would be able to handle it. I do not know too many others who have that high level and cannot handle it. All the Heralds can handle their power, Thor can, Silver Surfer can, even Galactus can handle his power. Magneto can handle his, Charles his, Proteus his. Why, oh why can't Jean handle her powers??
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, but even that was flawed.

Jean's powers via the solar flare had made a quantum leap from Marvel Girl to Phoenix, yet Moira (and later Charles) were worried that she could not handle the power. If her powers made that leap, she would be able to handle it. I do not know too many others who have that high level and cannot handle it. All the Heralds can handle their power, Thor can, Silver Surfer can, even Galactus can handle his power. Magneto can handle his, Charles his, Proteus his. Why, oh why can't Jean handle her powers??
    Yeah, and if she had been a guy they would have been able to resurrect her as Phoenix, not as cocoon woman. And if she had been a guy there wouldn’t have been a gazillion retcons destroying her most important storyline.

I would have loved to see a powerful Jean Grey story written by a woman who knows and loves her character.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm sure it's not going to be a major issue to re-plot some things going forward with regards to how he intended to deal with the Phalanx later on. Yes, he name-dropped Galactus and Phoenix as threats but he may very well come up with an entirely new and original solution to deal with the problem...a new cosmic entity, perhaps.
    Which, imo, is far more preferable to re-using and re-treading poisoned phoenix waters.
    Also very true, tbh I personally thought around the time Dan Slott retconned Franklin, Hickman might have started changing his plans. Which honestly, for me it sucks I've always thought it would be cool to have the Phoenix Force and Galactus team up to take out a threat. I'm sure he will still tell a good story, but it's been at least 15 years since the PF has been handled with care, whereas Aaron is actively destroying any semblance of the original concept. What's funnier is we haven't even met the person who the PF, apparently came all the way to earth for. Gross!!!