Page 330 of 719 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 10783

Very interesting, Omega_DCD. That says a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I asked Duggan on Twitter to describe Jean in three words and he just responded with this (link below):

"Everyone has great showings in year one. She’s got big stuff - hope you like issue one next week"

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...26692182036486

Before anyone criticizes him for not directly answering my question, I had already asked him, "What is your favorite aspect of Jean's character?", during a Q&A he conducted on Twitter and he answered, "Let's talk after the first year."

Color me excited!
    Even if I try to read from the angle of a non-cynic, these are not the most thoughtful of answers lol.

You asked about her character and he answered as if you asked for spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Even if I try to read from the angle of a non-cynic, these are not the most thoughtful of answers lol.

You asked about her character and he answered as if you asked for spoilers.
    lol. I totally understand where you're coming from. I've tweeted him a few times regarding Jean, though, and I think it's a good sign that he's answered at all, considering how many tweets, several not-so-nice, he's received regarding her. Also, he may have remembered that just last week, or the week before, I asked him what his favorite aspect of her character was and thought to himself, "I just told you 'let's talk after the first year,'" which would be a fair response. I think he's just getting to really know her.

That he's been forthcoming about her having "really cool stuff in issue 2" and now has said "she's got big stuff" gives me hope. In the end, he doesn't have to answer my or any questions about her at all or could be even more cryptic with his answers, so the fact that he's trying to make clear that she will have a fair amount of focus and some impressive feats leaves me feeling optimistic.

He's actually very approachable. He's responded to some of my non-Jean-related tweets, too.

I asked Duggan on Twitter to describe Jean in three words and he just responded with this (link below):

"Everyone has great showings in year one. She’s got big stuff - hope you like issue one next week"

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...26692182036486

Before anyone criticizes him for not directly answering my question, I had already asked him, "What is your favorite aspect of Jean's character?", during a Q&A he conducted on Twitter and he answered, "Let's talk after the first year."

Color me excited!
    Thank you for sharing this, lets cross fingers then
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

lol. I totally understand where you're coming from. I've tweeted him a few times regarding Jean, though, and I think it's a good sign that he's answered at all, considering how many tweets, several not-so-nice, he's received regarding her. Also, he may have remembered that just last week, or the week before, I asked him what his favorite aspect of her character was and thought to himself, "I just told you 'let's talk after the first year,'" which would be a fair response. I think he's just getting to really know her.

That he's been forthcoming about her having "really cool stuff in issue 2" and now has said "she's got big stuff" gives me hope. In the end, he doesn't have to answer my or any questions about her at all or could be even more cryptic with his answers, so the fact that he's trying to make clear that she will have a fair amount of focus and some impressive feats leaves me feeling optimistic.

He's actually very approachable. He's responded to some of my non-Jean-related tweets, too.
    I hope he proves your optimism right!

You're welcome, Daedra And yes, let's.

Me too, Kitty&Piotr<3

Based on his work in Planet Size X-Men #1, I think we're in for a great ride, as Jean and X-Men fans.

Don't want to beat a dead dog, and this has probably been shared here before, but I just came across this and I'm shocked that HoX was meant to have her in the Red costume

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Don't want to beat a dead dog, and this has probably been shared here before, but I just came across this and I'm shocked that HoX was meant to have her in the Red costume
    I love the XMR costume but I think they made the right choice ditching it, Krakoa stood as a safe haven and a piece of paradise, the XMR costume looked too much like Jean was going into war. I suppose in hindsight the Marvel Girl costume was a decent option as it was non-intimidating, especially when it was Jean’s role to usher in kids and young people through the gates of Krakoa.

I saw that a few weeks ago and it made me irrationally angry, lol. I think Conor has a good point, one I had not considered.

not sure what looks worse: the shoulder pats on the left or the Marvel Girl mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    not sure what looks worse: the shoulder pats on the left or the Marvel Girl mask?
    Now that you've mentioned it, I'd be fine with the Marvel Girl outfit if they ditched the mask for something like the Red headpiece, and ditched those gloves and cleavage.

And Conor does have a point. Although it seems to apply only to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I love the XMR costume but I think they made the right choice ditching it, Krakoa stood as a safe haven and a piece of paradise, the XMR costume looked too much like Jean was going into war. I suppose in hindsight the Marvel Girl costume was a decent option as it was non-intimidating, especially when it was Jean’s role to usher in kids and young people through the gates of Krakoa.
    I agree with you: there’s no point in wearing an “armor” in a “paradise” while welcoming children…

On the other hand, it’s not like they have only the choice between the X-men Red costume and the Marvel Girl costume… and I don’t see why they don’t change clothes more often according to the time of the day, the weather, the mood, the activity… They suppose to be “characters”, not tin soldiers…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Exodus, I'm not going to lie, the shoulder armor is hideous. My favorite version of that costume is Dauterman's.

Also, wanted to share one of my favorite depictions ever of Jean's telekinetic power, from the drawing to the coloring. ::chef's kiss:: From X-Men #98:

Now that you've mentioned it, I'd be fine with the Marvel Girl outfit if they ditched the mask for something like the Red headpiece, and ditched those gloves and cleavage.
    Without the mask and the gloves, the Marvel Girl costume is just a plain boring green dress…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thanks, Mercury, for keeping an open channel with Duggan. We need more polite, respectful people to represent Jean's fans. A lot people have opinions about her and go shout at Marvel. They read as fans when they aren't and they give us all a bad reputation, which just harms the character in the long run.

I'm not going to allow myself to be optimistic, but I'm going to read this book with an open heart and I'm going to try to enjoy it.