Page 338 of 719 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's also not accurate that Cyclops has no defense against telepathy. Characters in the MU can struggle against mind control even when they are being *actually* attacked, let alone just being talked to.

Ergo, if he wanted out, and the stories tell us he did not, he could have tried to get out. He wasn't feeling threatened; he was feeling tempted.

Now, with that all said, who do we complain to to get Emma to mind control or abuse her bore again so Jean can go do new and interesting things? Lolol
    Kevin Feige, probably?

BANNED

That's too high up the chain.

I do wonder how Jean and the other women will be portrayed in these movies though. Feige could train the next few generations not to buy into fridging and fainting and damsel-in-distress content.

Hopefully he plans to push the X-women into the icon status they are capable of.

Or he could model things after the X-Men cartoon and then Jean would be in more trouble than she is in today lmao

Extraordinary Member

I do wonder how Jean and the other women will be portrayed in these movies though. Feige could train the next few generations not to buy into fridging and fainting and damsel-in-distress content.

Hopefully he plans to push the X-women into the icon status they are capable of.

Or he could model things after the X-Men cartoon and then Jean would be in more trouble than she is in today lmao
    It's going to be like 10+ years before they show up, right?
    Would Fiege still be in charge

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's going to be like 10+ years before they show up, right?
    Would Fiege still be in charge
    TheyÂ’re showing up in Phase 5. Please 4 ends in 2023, and weÂ’ve already seen mutant Easter eggs like Madripoor and the Princess bar. So clearly this isnÂ’t a ten year wait. Plus I think the Avengers as we knew them seem to be disbanded for now.

BANNED

Feige has done an excellent job with Captain Marvel, the Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and now Lady Loki/Enchantress. Obviously, he will do a good job with X-Men.

Movies and television are a different fan base from die hard comics fans. The audience appeal as much broader and more diverse and they have to have lots of female fans.

Plus look at pop culture overall. The return of Wonder Woman and Supergirl says a lot.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I don't think we'll see any of the Claremazons in all their glory. But I do think the X-women will be powerful and decisive.

I think they're smart enough to portray them this way, at least. It sells more products, right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    TheyÂ’re showing up in Phase 5. Please 4 ends in 2023, and weÂ’ve already seen mutant Easter eggs like Madripoor and the Princess bar. So clearly this isnÂ’t a ten year wait. Plus I think the Avengers as we knew them seem to be disbanded for now.
    When did they confirm this?
    And They are making new avengers team's and others as well.
    My guess is they are phase 6

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Petition for Jean to change her name to Grindr Girl for the gays? Hey, it beats Marvel Girl! LOL!!
    HAHAHAHA yes! defend gays from the standards of society

X-Factor #37 and X-Men #242 - As I noted in my previous post the other day, I was confident Jean would put Logan in his place if and when she felt he was out of line, just as she does here. I would say he was definitely out of line but not abusive.

(I will be posting the other pages you referenced, too.)

X-Factor #61 - Pardon me, but as I’ve already admitted, I’m no prude and have actually loved when men have caught me off guard with a kiss, especially the way it is done here. I don’t see this as abusive either and I don’t think Jean showed any signs of feeling displeased or victimized.

Uncanny X-Men #394 - the cover indicates otherwise, but he was out of line here, too, though not being abusive, because he actually thought they were going to die. I’d chalk his behavior up to willfully passionate and romantic. (Am I disturbed? I did admit I went through a “Dark Phoenix period”… ��)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOVE! Those are great and emotional Jean/Logan moments.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

New X-Men #117 - I read this scene as two friends who have been intimate before sharing a kiss one of them knows and admits isn’t the answer to the central issue. Again, I do not read this as abusive.

As I’ve pointed out in the pages I shared and later, in the pages you referenced, Jean has never had a problem putting Logan in his place when he has been out of line. In fact, I think that’s one of the qualities of hers he loves and respects.

Grinning Soul, I can see the justifications for and even agree with your opinions regarding Scott and Emma, who also had a hand in violating and traumatizing Jean during the Dark Phoenix Saga. However, I don’t agree with your opinion regarding Logan.

BANNED

Oh yeah, that's the other thing I was gonna say. Jean is totally the dom in their friendship/flirtship.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing I was gonna say. Jean is totally the dom in their friendship/flirtship.
    She is not! [:giggles naughtily:] Seriously though, after reviewing this, I want them together so badly. They fit so perfectly together. Listen, I love Scott - would even marry him if he asked me to - but too much has happened between him and Jean and, frankly, I would prefer to see them together as the best of friends.

It's not that I have anything against Scott as much as I want Jean to be able to explore other relationships as he has gotten the chance to do with both Madelyne and Emma. Besides, Logan loves her so much and I believe she does him, too.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-04-2021 at 06:20 PM.