Page 344 of 719 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 10783

I'm also a gay man though I remember liking Jean at like 6 year olds because she seemed cool to me and as a kid I pretty much loved a lot of powerful female characters, like her, Storm, Sailor Moon, Angewomon, Misty, etc.

Astonishing Member

My love for Jean didn't really start until X-Men 2 lol my dad was the one who told me all about the dark Phoenix business and I thought that was totally cool. The more "weaker" member of the team becoming an uber powerhouse has always been my favorite trope in fiction. I didn't really start getting into X-Men until Evolution tbh I was a total DC fanboy up until them. After that I started reading Morrison's run and yeah my love of Jean and Phoenix really kicked into high gear lol

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Isn't it why we love the way Russell Dauterman draws her?

I genuinely am curious why Jean can't wear the Dauterman redesign look it is literally perfect for this era!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I genuinely am curious why Jean can't wear the Dauterman redesign look it is literally perfect for this era!
    She rejected the phoenix therefore she needs to stay forever stuck into that ugly rag for all the world to see, that is what happens when people refuse to follow their natural inclination and don’t cultivate their innate abilities, it’s called the “marvel girl” syndrome, it is a form of psychological and evolutive stagnation, symptoms are as follow: unhealthy attachment to old under-designed rags from the 70, being screamed at by entitled snobbish girls “try harder marvel girl”, expressing unnecessary appreciation for wolverine coffee breath, extreme need to run out of panel whenever a story may call for her presence (see x-force).
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    She rejected the phoenix therefore she needs to stay forever stuck into that ugly rag for all the world to see, that is what happens when people refuse to follow their natural inclination and don’t cultivate their innate abilities, it’s called the “marvel girl” syndrome, it is a form of psychological and evolutive stagnation, symptoms are as follow: unhealthy attachment to old under-designed rags from the 70, being screamed at by entitled snobbish girls “try harder marvel girl”, expressing unnecessary appreciation for wolverine coffee breath, extreme need to run out of panel whenever a story may call for her presence (see x-force).
    Also, not showing her opinions about anything that matters: the ressurection of her clone, the cerimonial fight-to-death for depowered mutants, etc... Not caring about her friends or family: Kurt, Gaby, Alex, Gabriel, etc... Not raising hell when something like Terra Verde happens, instead, simply quitting the team to which she shouldn't have belonged in the first place.

EDIT: Not caring about Domino and actually suggesting someone as traumatised as Piotr to *join* the team she's quitting because it's too much for her moral compass! (Yes, she was written *so well* in X-Force!)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-07-2021 at 01:37 AM.

Am surprised no ine has wrtten abut Jean in Xmen 1 today!

I enjoyed it mostly, No major Jean stunts but i liked her “voice” and what she said and did. Im no fan of robot stories so was a little disappointed in places. But a strong first issue!

Also, not showing her opinions about anything that matters: the ressurection of her clone, the cerimonial fight-to-death for depowered mutants, etc... Not caring about her friends or family: Kurt, Gaby, Alex, Gabriel, etc... Not raising hell when something like Terra Verde happens, instead, simply quitting the team to which she shouldn't have belonged in the first place.

EDIT: Not caring about Domino and actually suggesting someone as traumatised as Piotr to *join* the team she's quitting because it's too much for her moral compass! (Yes, she was written *so well* in X-Force!)
    Haha thank you for filling my list GS the joke I was trying to tell turned sour halfway through and I kinda left it open

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post

I enjoyed it mostly, No major Jean stunts but i liked her “voice” and what she said and did. Im no fan of robot stories so was a little disappointed in places. But a strong first issue!
    from a jean's fan perspective, I found it boring (with absolutely stellar art) but I donÂ’t wanna ruin other people experience with my views.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I usually wait a long time before I comment on anything so I don't accidentally spoil something.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Haha thank you for filling my list GS the joke I was trying to tell turned sour halfway through and I kinda left it open
    Anytime my friend. I have a soft spot in my hearft for dry, sarcastic humour that happens to express the truth.

Thank you for posting your joke. It made me both laugh and want to cry! :D
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-07-2021 at 03:13 AM.

How can you read so fast? Buying online through Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    How can you read so fast? Buying online through Marvel?
    I live in Europe. :)

EDIT: It becomes available online here and places like Australia much earlier than the US.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-07-2021 at 04:37 AM.

Fantastic Member

I thought X-Men #1 was a nice table setting issue.

No revelations as of yet but I do like that it set up some pronounced shadowy figures and gave them motivation, whether a culmination of lifetime resentment and/or just callous indifference.

I did like Jean's line about the X-Men never having faced the Manhattan Zoning Board.

All in all, I'm looking forward to what Duggan has planned.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I thought X-Men #1 was a nice table setting issue.

No revelations as of yet but I do like that it set up some pronounced shadowy figures and gave them motivation, whether a culmination of lifetime resentment and/or just callous indifference.

I did like Jean's line about the X-Men never having faced the Manhattan Zoning Board.

All in all, I'm looking forward to what Duggan has planned.
    This was a nice way of putting it, I agree.

Side-note: Have we seen "intra-gate" telepathic communication before? I thought going though the gates was instantaneous

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    This was a nice way of putting it, I agree.

Side-note: Have we seen "intra-gate" telepathic communication before? I thought going though the gates was instantaneous
    I don't think so. I don't think we ever saw them in it.

As for the duration of the trip, it may take one or two seconds? It's enough to think most of that line. Maybe the end of it would happen as he arrives at this destination? But the nature of comics wouldn't allow it to portray it in a clear way?

Me today:

I don't think so. I don't think we ever saw them in it.

As for the duration of the trip, it may take one or two seconds? It's enough to think most of that line. Maybe the end of it would happen as he arrives at this destination? But the nature of comics wouldn't allow it to portray it in a clear way?
    I hear you...good thing telepathy can also allow for faster-than-real-time conversation, like this scene with Beast and Jean from X-Men Black Sun