Page 346 of 719 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 10783

I quite enjoyed the first issue. I like Duggan’s voice for Jean and I think when all of the characters relationships are showcased more in further issues, it will be a delight to read, looking forward to a substantial Lorna and Jean interaction especially. Really enjoyed the Avengers and FF telepathically checking in with Jean, it’s always very cool to see Jean interact with MU characters, no matter how small or passing the interaction may be. This issue is just the tip of the iceberg, I’m looking forward to reading more of Jean in the future and am intrigued to see how this chapter in the X-Men’s history will progress her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA. I LOVED it and loved Duggan's voice on the characters
    Chiiile, of course you would; Lorna kicked ass, lol. No, seriously though, it was good. I wouldn't give it an A, but a solid B+. I really do think they could have fit in another 2-4 pages dedicated exclusively to character dynamics and development without hurting the book, especially because it's the first issue. Still, I'm not necessarily complaining just yet. I'm going to give this creative team 3-6 issues to hit its stride before I getting too critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I quite enjoyed the first issue. I like Duggan’s voice for Jean and I think when all of the characters relationships are showcased more in further issues, it will be a delight to read, looking forward to a substantial Lorna and Jean interaction especially. Really enjoyed the Avengers and FF telepathically checking in with Jean, it’s always very cool to see Jean interact with MU characters, no matter how small or passing the interaction may be. This issue is just the tip of the iceberg, I’m looking forward to reading more of Jean in the future and am intrigued to see how this chapter in the X-Men’s history will progress her story.
    All of this, quite frankly.

juan678, that cover is for issue #2, no?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Beautiful! I love that the yellow part of her costume is basically lineart with some minimal rendering. And the bright highlights make the uniform pop. :)

I actually miss this monstrosity of a costume! Like I said many times before, our girl is gifted: anything looks good on her! :D

Thanks for sharing!

I liked X-men 1 too. It was fun, held my interest, and I am eager to see more. It had a cinematic feel due to the art and the colors (the artist and colorist are extremely talented). I thought the writing was good. Sure we could have used more character moments but we did get good moments/glimpses with Scott, Lorna, and Synch. We got some good Jean content too. I could always use more Sunfire and Rogue but a lot was going on in this introductory issue.

I can't wait for issue 2.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Mmm... I actually want to wear it!

Thanks for sharing!

Lucyinthesky... do you remember it was one of my theories?

Data page from X-Force #21:

spoilers:
    "Notes: Could Krakoa similarly infect us? By eating its food, breathing its spores, taking its medicines... are we already in a state of early symbiosis?"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I loved Lorna in this first issue so I'm even more looking forward to seeing her team-up with Jean

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Lucyinthesky... do you remember it was one of my theories?

Data page from X-Force #21:

spoilers:
    "Notes: Could Krakoa similarly infect us? By eating its food, breathing its spores, taking its medicines... are we already in a state of early symbiosis?"
    end of spoilers
    Hi GrinningSoul:

This is really interesting, I could see this as a subplot for Inferno given how dependent they have become on Krakoa in everything from food, to buildings, to security and travel, if they had to leave Krakoa behind they would have to do some serious changes to their way of life.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Hi GrinningSoul:

This is really interesting, I could see this as a subplot for Inferno given how dependent they have become on Krakoa in everything from food, to buildings, to security and travel, if they had to leave Krakoa behind they would have to do some serious changes to their way of life.
    Grinning Soul and Lucyinthesky, Ooo. That is very interesting. Could you imagine if Krakoa turns on them or has had a self-interested plan all along? That would be insane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Grinning Soul and Lucyinthesky, Ooo. That is very interesting. Could you imagine if Krakoa turns on them or has had a self-interested plan all along? That would be insane.
    Eh that would be a lazy plot twist personally. Krakoa never betrayed in Moira's lives and I doubt Destiny wouldn't have for forsee a giant mutant island gobbling up mutantkind and not written it down in her diaries. We already know Destiny foresaw Krakao.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Hi GrinningSoul:

I don't think this would about Inferno yet. But let's see. :)

From the start, the characters read very off to me. So I've been paying attention at lots of details spread along the books, trying to find something that might explain that.

I've come up with 11 main things. 1 of them we know now it's Onslaught. Would you be interested in reading about them? Can you use the private messages already? If so, I can copy and paste them for you. :)

Or we can discuss it here too if more people are interested, although, it's not directly related to Jean unless any of those theories proved to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh that would be a lazy plot twist personally. Krakoa never betrayed in Moira's lives and I doubt Destiny wouldn't have for forsee a giant mutant island gobbling up mutantkind and not written it down in her diaries. We already know Destiny foresaw Krakao.
    Affecting mutants to make them more willing to live in Krakoa (the island need they psychic energy) isn't necessary against Moira's plans, right? So it wouldn't be a betrayal, if anything it would work in her interest.

Think about the island building that tower for Kurt. It knew exactly what he wanted and it was willing to make him happy. Why? Probably because it wants all mutants on it, for either a misguided good-intention reason or selfish self-interest.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't think it would be a lazy plot twist at all if handled with care and intelligence. However, the points you brought up about Moira and Destiny are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    From the start, the characters read very off to me.
    I sort of agree with this. There's like a slight haze over them, but this could be attributable to the fact that this is a new era - a reboot - and the way in which Hickman sees these characters. I would be interested in reading your list of "11 main things." You can PM me if you'd like.

Krakoa having had sinister plans all along - hm, Sinister... - and turning on all of the mutants could be an interesting twist and also away to jump out of the Hickman reboot whenever editorial sees fit. However, I actually like what Hickman has done - not all of it, mind you, but enough to keep me interested and intrigued.

I just geeked out, though I wish he'd included this in a caption in the book, lol. According to Duggan:

Gerry Duggan: Everyone in NYC would be dead if not for Jean...
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...63313902399491

I just geeked out, though I wish he'd included this in a caption in the book, lol. According to Duggan:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...63313902399491
    Awesome :-)

*Edit*

She has come a long way from merely assisting Xavier in shielding a handful of minds...to now shielding multiple millions of minds

Last edited by Omega_DCD; 07-08-2021 at 09:46 AM.