Page 348 of 719 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I really enjoyed the issue, I thought it was a refreshing palate cleanser for many things in this era. It felt like a return to basics with a unique spin, LOVED the mention of Seneca Village not many people know of the horrors afflicted upon African-Americans following slavery. They were varied and heartbreaking and to see a mainstream comic make an effort to reference something not well know was nice.

I've had a lot of opinions about Duggan and his Jean but between PSX and this issue I think Jean is in good hands. For the first it what's felt like a long while Jean feels like a character instead of a story prop, reacting to whatever the story demands. She has her own thoughts, and opinions throughout this issue Duggan didn't shy away from Jean being incredibly involved with most of the issue's narrative. I enjoyed the kiss between her and Scott seems like they rarely are allowed to be affectionate.

Enjoyed this issue and I can't say enough about the art!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Humanity is defined as "humanness; benevolence." To be humane is to have or show "compassion or benevolence." To be omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipotent is to not only understand humanity and the humane but to embody and encompass both.
    That reminds me a lot about those conversations! :D

It's really about the definition of humanity. :)

Have you watched the film "Her"? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Thank you :), and that reminds me to mention, the issue with the TK probing is X-Men #33
    I love that issue because Scott and Jean have an excuse to hold hands often! And that becomes their signature later. :)

I know. I'm silly like that! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I really enjoyed the issue, I thought it was a refreshing palate cleanser for many things in this era. It felt like a return to basics with a unique spin, LOVED the mention of Seneca Village not many people know of the horrors afflicted upon African-Americans following slavery. They were varied and heartbreaking and to see a mainstream comic make an effort to reference something not well know was nice.

I've had a lot of opinions about Duggan and his Jean but between PSX and this issue I think Jean is in good hands. For the first it what's felt like a long while Jean feels like a character instead of a story prop, reacting to whatever the story demands. She has her own thoughts, and opinions throughout this issue Duggan didn't shy away from Jean being incredibly involved with most of the issue's narrative. I enjoyed the kiss between her and Scott seems like they rarely are allowed to be affectionate.

Enjoyed this issue and I can't say enough about the art!
    I didn't like everything about the issue, but I thought it was fun and I appreciate the effort to spread the spotlight amongst the characters.

And they get to be heroes again, which I was craving for! So that alone made me happy. :)

And yes: kisses and affection between my favourite couple ever is always reason to make me happy too! :)

I definitely think it's worth reading the next issue. I hope we get to see more interactions between the characters in the future, because I tend to get a bit bored if it's all about non-stop action (unless it's ridiculously well done). But, for a first issue, I don't have complaints about that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    omfg... My body is ready.

Jean looks so beautiful without that mask!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Look at that: character interaction. That's cool! I hope Jean is trying to talk to Everett about his experience in The Vault! :)

Thanks for sharing, juan678! :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-08-2021 at 04:06 PM.

I don't think Larraz has ever drawn her as good as he has in these two panels:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I don't think Larraz has ever drawn her as good as he has in these two panels:

this remains the best Larraz Jean IMO

I'm sorry, but her profile in the panels I posted is simply stunning. He's done something different...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this remains the best Larraz Jean IMO

That is gorgeous. The tension of her shoulders and the determination on her eyes and mouth. <3 And the hair. All that hair! :D

She looks great anyway, but I love super long hair on our girl.

Thanks for sharing, Havok83.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-08-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Guys, I'm sorry, but allow me to gush a bit more: the colours on that panel that Jean and Everett are meditating... My God... The light passing between the buildings and in and around the park... Be still my heart. This is breathtaking!

EDIT: and the clouds in the sky... It makes me wish that panel with Ev's face was somewhere else.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-08-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Guys, I'm sorry, but allow me to gush a bit more: the colours on that panel that Jean and Everett are meditating... My God... The light passing between the buildings and in and around the park... Be still my heart. This is breathtaking!

EDIT: and the clouds in the sky... It makes me wish that panel with Ev's face was somewhere else.
    Agreed. That whole page is just... ::chef's kiss::