Page 354 of 719 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Haha. No worries. Take your time. I look forward to reading ALL of the messages

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree with all your points Grinning Soul, I had similar thoughts myself when I read Percy take on her, heīs a very skilled writer and it would be nice to see his take on Jean tackling all the points you raised
    Jean is hard to write so I've become actually very tolerant about her portrayal. But, you know, certain things just fall too far off the mark.

She did some cool stuff with her powers and the story on its own is quite interesting, but, those factors, for me, are independent of her portrayal as a character.

So.. I'm very glad she's out of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Real discussions are rare, anyway: people express their opinion. Sincerity is appreciated, though…
    I know... And it very often turns into an ego battle. I have no interest in engaging in that. Real discussions energize me, ego battles drain me. I'm not here to get stressed. This is supposed to be a hobby, something that entertains me. So, yeah, I'll avoid certain topics not because I can't take the heat. I know I can and I have nothing to prove. I just don't want to.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-10-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Sorry, double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I know... And it very often turns into an ego battle. I have no interest in engaging in that. Real discussions energize me, ego battles drain me. I'm not here to get stressed. This is supposed to be a hobby, something that entertains me. So, yeah, I'll avoid certain topics not because I can't take the heat. I know I can and I have nothing to prove. I just don't want to.
    Ignore the comments that irritate you and make you sad. You certainly have better things to do than being drained. Consider that it’s a training: CBR boards is representative of real life in that aspect.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Jean is hard to write so I've become actually very tolerant about her portrayal. But, you know, certain things just fall too far off the mark.

She did some cool stuff with her powers and the story on its own is quite interesting, but, those factors, for me, are independent of her portrayal as a character.

So.. I'm very glad she's out of the book.
    To be honest I am glad to see her on the main X-book too, I think Duggan will do good by her, he promised a bigger part for Jean on issue 2 of X-men and I canīt wait. I just think itīs a shame, because X-force was a title that potentially could put Jean out of her comfort zone and make an exploration of her character in those circunstances, Percy did a very good exploration of Loganīs and Omega Red character as well as their wish/longing for redemption and I just wish he used that kind of skill on Jean too if he gets to write her again, I am expecting some guest appareances but that will be it and probably itīs for the better.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-11-2021 at 12:02 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Ignore the comments that irritate you and make you sad. You certainly have better things to do than being drained. Consider that it’s a training: CBR boards is representative of real life in that aspect.
    I don't ignore people just because I don't like how they expressed themselves. I try to be considerate of the time they spent engaging with me. But I do draw the line when they're being rude or so absurd there's no point in arguing. Other than that, I ask us to drop the subject when it seems both parties have exhausted their arguments, because I see no point in circular discussions.

The thing is: I'm not judging here. People might like having heated exchanges. It might be energizing for them and I won't tell them that they are wrong to feel this way and I won't try to censor them. It just doesn't work for me.

To be honest I am glad to see her on the main X-book too, I think Duggan will do good by her, he promised a bigger part for Jean on issue 2 of X-men and I canīt wait. I just think itīs a shame, because X-force was a title that potentially could put Jean out of her comfort zone and make an exploration of her character in those circunstances, Percy did a very good exploration of Loganīs and Omega Red character as well as their wish/longing for redemption and I just wish he used that kind of skill on Jean too if he gets to write her again, I am expecting some guest appareances but that will be it and probably itīs for the better.
    In the way he's writing the X-Force now, particularly Hank, I don't think it would be possible. It's too out of Jean's comfort zone. We're talking about genocide and mass mind-controlling. There's no way Jean could be okay with it. So either she'd leave or she'd fight it (ideally, she should have done both). But I don't think Percy wanted her to be a force opposing Hank, because that would shift the focus of the book entirely and I don't suppose that was his plans for this run.

I will say this, Grinning Soul, which sort of touches upon the theory that Krakoa may be affecting the mutants more than is being disclosed: There is quite a bit that is not being explained about the stark changes in the characters. Like, I am still shocked by the possibility that Jean is carrying a polyamorous relationship with Scott and Logan (still unconfirmed, no?), and it's not just because I find that out of character for Jean; I also find it out of character for Scott and Logan!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

In the way he's writing the X-Force now, particularly Hank, I don't think it would be possible. It's too out of Jean's comfort zone. We're talking about genocide and mass mind-controlling. There's no way Jean could be okay with it. So either she'd leave or she'd fight it (ideally, she should have done both). But I don't think Percy wanted her to be a force opposing Hank, because that would shift the focus of the book entirely and I don't suppose that was his plans for this run.
    I didnīt expect Hank to be that way and yes I expected Jean to fight him after discovering what he did, what other reason is to have a character like Jean there if sheīs not going to question decisions?, thereīs no reason for her not to do so, except to force a plot, X-force was a title that made hard or bad decions but never painted them as the correct thing to do and they didnīt do genocide either so yes I am dissapointed with the whole direction the title took but as I said itīs for the better sheīs off the title.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-11-2021 at 12:36 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I will say this, Grinning Soul, which sort of touches upon the theory that Krakoa may be affecting the mutants more than is being disclosed: There is quite a bit that is not being explained about the stark changes in the characters. Like, I am still shocked by the possibility that Jean is carrying a polyamorous relationship with Scott and Logan (still unconfirmed, no?), and it's not just because I find that out of character for Jean; I also find it out of character for Scott and Logan!
    Well, depends on what do you call unconfirmed, right? I'd say it was happening and Marvel might decide to pretend we were crazy to read it that way...

I find it definitely out of character for both Scott and Jean, as I explained many times. For Logan? Like I said in a previous post, I could explain both ways. I could never really determine whether or not he'd be okay with it.

But, yeah, all characters are acting weird, which was what made me keep an eye to all possible clues of something external affecting their behaviour.

I didnīt expect Hank to be that way and yes I expected Jean to fight him after discovering what he did, what other reason is to have a character like Jean there if sheīs not going to question decisions?, thereīs no reason for her not to do so, except to force a plot, X-force was a title that made hard or bad decions but never painted them as the correct thing to do and they didnīt do genocide either so yes I am dissapointed with the whole direction the title took but as I said itīs for the better sheīs off the title.
    Yeah. I did get your point, Lucy. In theory, it could have worked to put Jean in a book like that. It could have been very interesting, but the type of story would have to be very different. And I don't think the story is bad, so I'm not upset about it. I'm just glad Jean is out of it. :)

“you wanna get dragged too”

E550-3HWYAMFQw9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

E550-3HWYAMFQw9.jpg
    Lmao! What is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

E550-3HWYAMFQw9.jpg
    The best Jean!!!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Morrison really grasped a facet of Jean’s character that has rarely been acknowledged, never mind touched upon.

BANNED

Krakoa has nothing to gain from making Jean enter a polyamorous relationship. The writers and editors just wanted to spice things up for the mew era of X-Men.

I’m glad Jean is a member of the core team of X-Men and an X-Man leader.