Page 356 of 719 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 10783
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Poly might be at an end but...gawd-dammit!...Jean was one lucky woman for the while.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    For the record, I'm nuts. I just tweeted this out yesterday and sent a copy to Duggan, lol.

I’ve had an epiphany: I want Jean to end her relationship with Scott, make it clear that they will always remain the best of friends, no matter what, and that they will continue to CO-LEAD the new team. Furthermore, I want her to end her tryst with Logan and also promise him her friendship forever. Afterward, I want her to burn the green dress, mask, gloves, *and* boots, don a new fit designed to her specifications by Russell Dauterman, all before whistle-cooing the Phoenix Force back to her, where it belongs. THEN, I want her to advise the Quiet Council that they will be approving the resurrection of her slaughtered sister, niece, and nephew - all mutants - immediately. Subsequently, I want her to create another home for herself and her family on the exact spot of the Blue Area of the Moon on which she killed herself as Dark Phoenix (yes, it was her, i.e., her soul) & take a few days off to bond & catch up with her newly resurrected family. After some much-needed rest and leisure and having processed her recent life-altering decisions I want her to return in full force as the incomparably empathic, powerful, no-nonsense badass Omega Telepath AND Omega Telekinetic she has always been and still is. She is also to take Synch and Laura Kinney specifically under her wings. Finally, she is not to be fucked with or undermined again, but allowed to flourish and grow - preferably as a single woman for some time - as she was meant to, fully claiming her crown and throne as the First Lady, literally and figuratively, of the X-Men and of mutants as a whole.
    Duggan:

images (4).jpg

For the record, I'm nuts. I just tweeted this out yesterday and sent a copy to Duggan, lol.

I’ve had an epiphany: I want Jean to end her relationship with Scott, make it clear that they will always remain the best of friends, no matter what, and that they will continue to CO-LEAD the new team. Furthermore, I want her to end her tryst with Logan and also promise him her friendship forever. Afterward, I want her to burn the green dress, mask, gloves, *and* boots, don a new fit designed to her specifications by Russell Dauterman, all before whistle-cooing the Phoenix Force back to her, where it belongs. THEN, I want her to advise the Quiet Council that they will be approving the resurrection of her slaughtered sister, niece, and nephew - all mutants - immediately. Subsequently, I want her to create another home for herself and her family on the exact spot of the Blue Area of the Moon on which she killed herself as Dark Phoenix (yes, it was her, i.e., her soul) & take a few days off to bond & catch up with her newly resurrected family. After some much-needed rest and leisure and having processed her recent life-altering decisions I want her to return in full force as the incomparably empathic, powerful, no-nonsense badass Omega Telepath AND Omega Telekinetic she has always been and still is. She is also to take Synch and Laura Kinney specifically under her wings. Finally, she is not to be fucked with or undermined again, but allowed to flourish and grow - preferably as a single woman for some time - as she was meant to, fully claiming her crown and throne as the First Lady, literally and figuratively, of the X-Men and of mutants as a whole.
    You really shouldn't send those kinds of things to writers. They're quite literally forbidden from taking fans' ideas. General ideas like "Please let Jean have a TK feat, or do [X] thing with her powers" are fine I guess, but not whole roadmaps of what you want. Also, it's just really silly to expect them to be "Oh yeah, I'm gonna start following what this person sent me instead of writing my own ideas".

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    🤣😂🤣😂!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You really shouldn't send those kinds of things to writers. They're quite literally forbidden from taking fans' ideas. General ideas like "Please let Jean have a TK feat, or do [X] thing with her powers" are fine I guess, but not whole roadmaps of what you want. Also, it's just really silly to expect them to be "Oh yeah, I'm gonna start following what this person sent me instead of writing my own ideas".
    Oh god, it's not that serious, and of course I don't expect him to follow what I, or any other fan, for that matter, suggest. He's actually really cool and approachable.

Oh god, it's not that serious, and of course I don't expect him to follow what I, or any other fan, for that matter, suggest. He's actually really cool and approachable.
    Er, if he reads it, it might end up being serious in that he might have actually planned to do something that's in there but now it could be considered as taking your idea. And either way, I feel like pressuring Duggan and tagging/DMing him about Jean all the time, with complaints, nitpicks, or "this is what you should be going for" is only gonna reflect negatively on her. He's had to deal with a lot of that and basically only when it comes to her out of everyone in the roster. I have contributted to that myself and now I regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Er, if he reads it, it might end up being serious in that he might have actually planned to do something that's in there but now it could be considered as taking your idea. And either way, I feel like pressuring Duggan and tagging/DMing him about Jean all the time, with complaints, nitpicks, or "this is what you should be going for" is only gonna reflect negatively on her. He's had to deal with a lot of that and basically only when it comes to her out of everyone in the roster. I have contributted to that myself and now I regret it.
    You bring up a good point regarding him maybe having planned to go in a certain direction but now being faced with a conflict because of my tweets. I may just delete them.

As for “pressuring him.” I’m sorry, but I don’t do that. I’ve exchanged tweets with him on a couple of occasions both to praise his work and ask him general questions, to which he’s been forthcoming. I, too, find it distasteful and untoward to harass and insult creators online.

Fantastic Member

Writing some fan-fiction might help you.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I’m very meh about the poly (not poly in general, hell I’ve been in a poly relationship) it just doesn’t click for me, with the characters involved.
    But it’s given me tons of good material for my fanfic, so I’m all for it!
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 07-12-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I have actually been toying with writing scripts for an imagined 12-issue miniseries centered on Jean. Two issues would be dedicated to each decade (e.g., 60s, 70s, 80s, etc.) leading up to the present day, and would cover what we didn't see or what was only implied in the comics during those periods. We'll see how it goes. However, if I do undertake this project, it's not something I would go around sharing online. I would probably send it straight to Marvel, as presumptuous as that might sound. We'll see.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Mercury, it says here that your inbox is full. I can't reply to your private message.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Mercury, it says here that your inbox is full. I can't reply to your private message.
    Yikes! I'll fix that. Give me a few seconds.

BANNED

I have actually been toying with writing scripts for an imagined 12-issue miniseries centered on Jean. Two issues would be dedicated to each decade (e.g., 60s, 70s, 80s, etc.) leading up to the present day, and would cover what we didn't see or what was only implied in the comics during those periods. We'll see how it goes. However, if I do undertake this project, it's not something I would go around sharing online. I would probably send it straight to Marvel, as presumptuous as that might sound. We'll see.
    Anything that any of us would write would be way better than much of the nonsense that has been written about Jean. In other words, please send to Marvel.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

But don't be surprised if it's returned unopened. I believe there are compony-wide policies regarding the acceptance of unsolicited work...either script or art. Unless you go through official, authorised channels...you'll be wasting your time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Anything that any of us would write would be way better than much of the nonsense that has been written about Jean. In other words, please send to Marvel.
    lol. I hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But don't be surprised if it's returned unopened. I believe there are compony-wide policies regarding the acceptance of unsolicited work...either script or art. Unless you go through official, authorised channels...you'll be wasting your time.
    Definitely. If and when I get to the point of submitting a completed work, I would definitely go through the appropriate channels.