Page 365 of 719 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    why? despite the green hair I can assure you she's not running on lymph
    Should it be black? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Should it be black? Serious question.
    it happens in movies as well, think of the children Grinning Soul!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

it happens in movies as well, think of the children Grinning Soul! :p
    Oh... Red is more shocking than black! I always forget! :D

Seriously, though, when it's black it's usually to indicate it's not just blood, right...? Like it's blood from an infection or something.

Regarding the European side this is a list of the countries in Europe that are considered Latin:
    Italy, France, Moldova, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Belgium, Monaco, San Marino, Andorra, and the Vatican City.
    Switzerland is divided among Italian speaking/French speaking/German speaking
    Luxembourg French speaking/ German speaking
    From a linguistic point of view… Their language is a batardized derivative from Latin.

Nowadays, their population is very mixed from an ethnic and cultural point of view.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Nowadays, their population is very mixed from an ethnic and cultural point of view.
    ......like most of the developed western countries
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I've been reading through Morrison's New X-Men run and thinking, There is something so fierce yet still so tender about her during this era. I wish Morrison hadn't killed her off. This is the direction the writers needed to have continued going in with Jean.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I liked the aesthetics of her powers in this film, too.

As someone else pointed out upthread, Jean and Wanda are both great and fascinating characters. If anything, we should be pushing for them to have more of a relationship in the comics. Jean can certainly relate to Wanda and is probably one of the only mutants who would be able to express unconditional empathy towards her.

Also, I agree, I think Dark Phoenix was a better film than people give it credit for, too, though it still failed at adapting the DPS. I know, from a fan of the film I interact with on Twitter and from watching the video below, that the DPS was intended to be adapted into two films - they were going to introduce the Hellfire Club in the second film - but Fox canceled the second film at the last minute and made the creators rework the first film. Nonetheless, based on what I've seen of the original concept, I still don't think it would have been a successful adaptation.

I actually did not like the drastic change in Jean's origin, making her inability to control her powers responsible for her mother's death and her father's subsequent abandonment of her. I think it plays into the trope of women being unable to handle great power without becoming unstable. Additionally, the fact that her parents and family were so supportive of her is an aspect of her story I don't appreciate having inverted. Still, I did like a lot of individual moments from Dark Phoenix, which made its overall failure as an adaptation all the more annoying.

In my opinion, the only way to successfully adapt the DPS is to treat it the way Marvel Studios treated the Infinity War, i.e., slowly build up to it and adapt it into multiple films. DPS is both a personal and cosmic story; utterly human and distinctly alien, too. Removing or altering any of its components instantly subjects it to the likelihood of falling apart. As I've shared in the Jean thread, the abuses perpetrated on Jean by both Mastermind and Emma Frost are pivotal to her conversion into the Dark Phoenix. IMO, both Jean's essence, which was bonded to the Phoenix Force's cloned body, and the Phoenix Force itself reacted to the abuse in a violent way. Jean's psyche felt violated and traumatized and essentially broke down, while the Phoenix Force's instinct to "burn the obsolete" was awoken and emerged in full force. The two combined were devastating. As a result, the Hellfire Club's machinations and perpetrations against Jean and the Phoenix Force are more than integral to the story.
    I agree a slower story with different movies hinting at DP would have been better but at the time Fox was already going to belong to Disney so they were out of time to make a more detailed story and I guess this is why they didn´t bring the Shiar as well, not point doing that when they will not be able to do a follow up to the story.

There´s also the fact DP was a drama, personal and familar in which Jean seems to be looking for a family to belong that will help her with her powers and she feels left down by her father, Charles and Magneto so she starts to believe the best thing she can do is give over her powers even if it´s a really bad idea and people were expecting an epic story in which there´s the Shiar, the Imperial Guard and the X-men fighting them and there was just no time left to addess or involve that many characters for their last movie and Fox never was particulary good at making good adaptation from the comics so even if they tried, the results would have left a lot to be wished so they went with a more personal story in which Jean has mostly an internal fight and a wish to find her home again. I thought the end was bittersweet but heartfelt and good, because she decided to give everything for her family and in that way she bacame inmortal.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-15-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spoilers for Ucanny X-Men 140.5 were awesome, I was able to actually see whole issue and I enjoyed it immensely, spoilers:
    finally some justice for Rachel, Jean and the PF.
    end of spoilers

Spoilers for Uncanny X-Men 140.5 were awesome, I was able to actually see whole issue and I enjoyed it immensely, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I can't believe I missed out on this. I want to cry.

https://marvelmade.net/?utm_source=D...n=MM_Claremont

BANNED

I've been reading through Morrison's New X-Men run and thinking, There is something so fierce yet still so tender about her during this era. I wish Morrison hadn't killed her off. This is the direction the writers needed to have continued going in with Jean.
    This.

Legend has it that Morrison was going to bring her back, but we will never know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This.

Legend has it that Morrison was going to bring her back, but we will never know now.
    Not sure where he would have done it considering he had left Marvel. Narratively, it wouldnt have made sense for her to be alive at the end of his New X-men. Killing her off was the problem. Keeping her dead for as long as they did especially after she was brought back the following year in Endsong however was. Its a travesty that Marvel just dropped that storyline after years of buildup

BANNED

Spoilers for Ucanny X-Men 140.5 were awesome, I was able to actually see whole issue and I enjoyed it immensely, spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I'm looking all over for Uncanny X-Men 140.5 but can't find it anywhere. Has this issue been published?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This.

Where did you hear/read this? You know, that makes total sense, actually, considering how much effort he put into underscoring her power, along with her unique connection to the Phoenix Force. I've been meaning to research his interviews to see what his thoughts were on Jean. I get a distinct feeling he liked her quite a bit and intended much more for her.

BANNED

Where did you hear/read this? You know, that makes total sense, actually, considering how much effort he put into underscoring her power, along with her unique connection to the Phoenix Force. I've been meaning to research his interviews to see what his thoughts were on Jean. I get a distinct feeling he liked her quite a bit and intended much more for her.
    It's one of those things people say. I've looked and never seen a quote from him or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not sure where he would have done it considering he had left Marvel. Narratively, it wouldnt have made sense for her to be alive at the end of his New X-men. Killing her off was the problem. Keeping her dead for as long as they did especially after she was brought back the following year in Endsong however was. Its a travesty that Marvel just dropped that storyline after years of buildup
    His time at Marvel did not end gracefully. It was more sudden than planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'm looking all over for Uncanny X-Men 140.5 but can't find it anywhere. Has this issue been published?
    Yes because someone had a physical copy and showed it on reddit