Page 366 of 719 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 10783

I don't know much about Uncanny 140.5 but I love a good Jean as White Phoenix moment! I have most of her White Phoenix appearances but I won't have this issue. It was expensive right, the whole package?

The Claremont and Morrison version of the Phoenix is my favorite. I admit my bias and I wish their version continued but alas..

In other news.. it was interesting seeing Jean in the Trial of Magneto. Even if she gets a small role, and I think she will I hope Leah Williams uses her well. Rachel looked great in the preview.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yes because someone had a physical copy and showed it on reddit
    Yes, it was only a few pages but, I read it as well. What I meant to say was I literally can't find a retail store or source online to purchase a copy for my personal collection.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-15-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Yes, it was only a few pages but, I read it as well. What I meant to say was I literally can't find a retail store or source online to purchase a copy for my personal collection.
    1200 copies in total, I guess it’s sold out.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

So, I searched for Morrison interviews right after posting my last reply. Here's what I found first, though I stopped at this to continue reading. (I'll look for more interviews later.) Morrison on Jean and the Emma and Scott affair:

"Jean Grey tries so hard to be good she sometimes forgets to be human."

"Emma does everything Scott wishes Jean would do. Claremont gave me the key when he said Jean is actually much kinkier than Emma, but not as demonstrative. A repressed guy like Scott needs to be brought out of his shell by an extravert. Jean is sensitive and tends to nurse Scott in ways that don't allow him to grow."
    https://www.cbr.com/the-end-of-an-x-...-x-men-sex-dc/

Where do I begin, lol? Well, I am definitely bothered by the fact that he reduces her altruism to a flaw by asserting that, because of it, “she sometimes forgets to be human.” Furthermore, he lays the blame on Jean for not “allow[ing] [Scott] to grow” because she’s “much kinkier” but “not as demonstrative.” Whew. I was going to continue writing my thoughts about this, but have decided not to, not just yet. I need to read more of his interviews and finish his New X-Men run. I will say the following, however:

Since her first appearance in X-Men #1, one of Jean's most consistent character traits has been her unapologetic assertiveness. Having recently rediscovered it, as I meticulously comb through her history, I realize that this, coupled with her profound capacity as an empath, from which her altruistic nature stems, is what makes her so unique, intriguing, and beguiling. However, it also underscores that, far from causing her to lose touch with her humanity, her empathy and altruism not only compel her to be assertive but all too human, too.

And, before I go and take a deep breath and seethe for a bit, lol, I'll leave this thread with a few fierce Jean moments:

One more because I'm still feeling things.

BANNED

Thems some Good images you've posted there Mercury

I have something to add as well

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

White Phoenix things!

"Both, as always!"

Thank you, CC! <3

AS ALWAYS

Someone save Jean/Phoenix from the haters ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I have something to add as well

Is this from Uncanny X-Men #140.5…?

😭😭😭😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Is this from Uncanny X-Men #140.5…?

����������

Yes, I really had to share it

I just read what’s out there…

“Both, as always…”

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just read what’s out there…

“Both, as always…”

��������������������
    That’s my Jean Grey