Page 370 of 719 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    "I need to try again".

You're just asking for the Monet meme aren't you?
    “Trying again and again” it’s the essence of a life well lived imo
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    …I guess the only truth is that there’s no truth.
    Or maybe, as in life, the only absolute truth is that there are always several truths running concurrently, sometimes contradictory, but always illuminating.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

At this point people should just feel the way they feel and let others do the same, Anyone coming to this thread and acting like they hold the ultimate guidebook to Jean Grey/phoenix canon is going to eventually being proven wrong, I really think We have seen it all, each different poster picks and choses and adds his own interpretation, I guess the only truth is that there’s no truth.
    Exactly. So I think it's fair to point out other facts or considerations. No need for anyone to be upset.

Either way since Jason Aaron took the bird and its doing all sorts of unholy stuff with it, I think it's just something that won't need to be debated for a while. But it will be back and the circle will restart anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Exactly. So I think it's fair to point out other facts or considerations. No need for anyone to be upset.
    As a Chef I can tell you that sometimes the issue is not with the content of the dish but with the way it is served
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

:D As a Chef I can tell you that sometimes the issue is not with the content of the dish but with the way it is served
    I totally agree. :)

EDIT: My point is that I don't think anyone wished anyone any harm here. We're all fans. I understand things can get heated, but we don't need to be fighting. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 07-16-2021 at 01:14 PM.

I totally agree.

EDIT: My point is that I don't think anyone wished anyone any harm here. We're all fans. I understand things can get heated, but we don't need to be fighting.
    ….and that’s why politeness always goes a long way, it makes any intent that much clearer.

….and that’s why politeness always goes a long way, it makes any intent that much clearer.
    That's also true. :)

But who hasn't written something that came across wrong or was interpreted in an untended way? This form of written communication doesn't carry intonation and other cues that help with the expression of meaning/intention. And it makes such a difference! Sometimes, I think people get upset about certain posts that seemed pretty neutral to me.

And, in the end of the day, even a poster who meant to be obnoxious is still a fan and I'd prefer to be able to let it go and move on, so we can all cherish our favourite character together.

--
    That being said, I'm still curious about Endsong and what parts, if any, are still canon. I've been thinking about it for a while and it's been hard to get those three stories (Endsong, AvX and Resurrection) all being fully canon. I don't think anyone has the answer, but I'd be interested in learning what other fans think.

That's also true.

But who hasn't written something that came across wrong or was interpreted in an untended way? This form of written communication doesn't carry intonation and other cues that help with the expression of meaning/intention. And it makes such a difference! Sometimes, I think people get upset about certain posts that seemed pretty neutral to me.

And, in the end of the day, even a poster who meant to be obnoxious is still a fan and I'd prefer to be able to let it go and move on, so we can all cherish our favourite character together.
    When you put it in such elegant way, How could I ever disagree ? I tip my hat to you m’lady!

--
    That being said, I'm still curious about Endsong and what parts, if any, are still canon. I've been thinking about it for a while and it's been hard to get those three stories (Endsong, AvX and Resurrection) all being fully canon. I don't think anyone has the answer, but I'd be interested in learning what other fans think.
    ‘Personally The rule I usually follow is : unless marvel explicitly tells me otherwise, it is in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Either way since Jason Aaron took the bird and its doing all sorts of unholy stuff with it, I think it's just something that won't need to be debated for a while. But it will be back and the circle will restart anew.

From now on this will be my only canon
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-16-2021 at 02:04 PM.

BANNED

...I wanted Jean to enter the fighting tournament at the last second and win lol

‘Personally The rule I usually follow is : unless marvel explicitly tells me otherwise, it is in continuity.
    Fair enough. Do you try reconcile those three stories or you prefer to just wait until Marvel decides to address the mess? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    ...I wanted Jean to enter the fighting tournament at the last second and win lol
    Even if I want the Phoenix to stay away from Jean ('cause I don't trust Marvel), that would have been glorious! :D

Fair enough. Do you try reconcile those three stories or you prefer to just wait until Marvel decides to address the mess?
    The way I see it :
    the pf is the ultimate psionic form of Jean grey, manifesting itself trough time and across dimensions, even interfering with her younger self history and touching multiple individuals along the way,
    one day 616 Jean will be ready to go beyond her self imposed limits, spread her wings and her love across the multiverse just like the phoenix she was alwsys meant to be.
    Today the game of “hide & seek” between the light and the flame will keep going and the truth will still elude us for many years.

The way I see it :
    the pf is the ultimate psionic form of Jean grey, manifesting itself trough time and across dimensions, even interfering with her younger self history and touching multiple individuals along the way,
    one day 616 Jean will be ready to go beyond her self imposed limits, spread her wings and her love across the multiverse just like the phoenix she was alwsys meant to be.
    Today the game of “hide & seek” between the light and the flame will keep going and the truth will still elude us for many years.
    That'd be cool to read. :)

Do you remember Prelude To Schism? It was a weird story that had nothing to do with the actual Schism?

Would that work for you? To have some Jean/Phoenix stories like that and just say it's happening in whatever universe and whatever time because it's Jean and it's Phoenix and it doesn't matter? Or would it need to be specific 616 Jean for you?

The way I see it :
    No matter what happens this version always menages to suvive in my headcanon due to the openess & flexibility of its elements.

What about your approach Grinning Soul?