Page 371 of 719 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 10783
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    No matter what happens this version always menages to suvive in my headcanon due to the openess & flexibility of its elements.

What about your approach Grinning Soul?
    To the Phoenix or those 3 stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That'd be cool to read.

Do you remember Prelude To Schism? It was a weird story that had nothing to do with the actual Schism?

Would that work for you? To have some Jean/Phoenix stories like that and just say it's happening in whatever universe and whatever time because it's Jean and it's Phoenix and it doesn't matter? Or would it need to be specific 616 Jean for you?
    Well I may enjoy alternative takes on Jean from time to time but ultimately 616 Jean was my first love so I want stories to be about her, I do have a soft spot for 811 due to the many years I grew up reading about Rachel and following her adventures.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

To the Phoenix or those 3 stories?
    Do you have a phoenix/non phoenix headcanon able to reconcile the many stories marvel has published over the years?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The way I see it :
    the pf is the ultimate psionic form of Jean grey, manifesting itself trough time and across dimensions, even interfering with her younger self history and touching multiple individuals along the way,
    one day 616 Jean will be ready to go beyond her self imposed limits, spread her wings and her love across the multiverse just like the phoenix she was alwsys meant to be.
    Today the game of “hide & seek” between the light and the flame will keep going and the truth will still elude us for many years.

We’re so in sync; it’s scary. I just finished both Morrison’s run and Claremont’s DPS today - I didn't even plan it that way - and went for a long walk with my dog. I felt serene and meditative, and Jean’s entire history, including Endsong and Resurrection, made complete sense to me. I won’t bother trying to articulate my thoughts now - I’m still processing everything, and attempting to write anything down now would be like trying to grasp light with my fingers - but I will say this: I pretty much see her in the same way that you do. Thank you for expressing yourself so succinctly. ❤️

Do you have a phoenix/non phoenix headcanon able to reconcile the many stories marvel has published over the years?
    Sure, I have a headcannon, but it doesn't really reconcile those stories. In particular, those last 3 ones are very challenging to me. :(

If Jean became the White Phoenix in the end of Endsong, why was the Phoenix charging towards Earth, detroying stuff in its path? If it had work to do on Earth, why go for Hope? Jean could have just resurrected herself. That's a hard one to go around.

So, if she didn't become the White Phoenix, did Scott talked to the Force in the end of Endsong? And, in the end of AvX, that was also the Force?

And then we get to resurrection story and the fact the Force wanted to destroy Teen Jean because she wasn't "pure" (or something like that). And after it destroys her (but not really), then it brings adult Jean back? So... she wasn't even in the White Hot Room? But if he was, who was Ghost Jean?

It's such a mess.

It's one of the reasons I don't trust Marvel with the Phoenix anymore. But I'd love them to fix the mythos. I just don't see it (fixing the mythos) happening anytime soon.

BANNED

No matter what happens this version always menages to suvive in my headcanon due to the openess & flexibility of its elements.

What about your approach Grinning Soul?
    Add in a bit about her "pieces" i.e. Endsong going rogue to explain all the dumb stuff (Thor's dad, Phoenix 5, Secret Wars, Phoenix Kombat, etc) and that about seals it up neatly.

I posted his here before, but let me try to write this again.

In my headcannon, on a higher dimension where only the fire and the song of creation exists, Jean and the Phoenix are one.

But when we look at the tri-dimensional reality where the 616 stories exist, the projection of this being is actually perceived (and self-perceived) as 3 different identities:

1) the Phoenix Force - which is sentient, but doesn't have an anthropomorphic psyche
    2) Jean Grey - the human
    3) the merged state between Phoenix and Jean Grey

I know, it's weird. It's easier to understand that in terms of the 4th geometric dimension and the tesseract (so, not counting time as the 4th dimension).

The idea is that, observing from "lower" you simply cannot see the whole, meaning that not even the projections can see themselves for what they are, they can only... intuit.

Now, that's not cannon at all! It's just the way I like to think of it. :)

Double Post
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-16-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Add in a bit about her "pieces" i.e. Endsong going rogue to explain all the dumb stuff (Thor's dad, Phoenix 5, Secret Wars, Phoenix Kombat, etc) and that about seals it up neatly.
    You all are killing me (in a good way)! 😭 We are telepathically linked, I swear.

Okay, I need to get out of here and do my post-dog walk workout, i.e., run some laps, lift some weights, and burn off some of this energy and enthusiasm. I also need to do some more thinking.

Jean fans are the best; so thoughtful and intelligent. Thank you all! Keep on being you! ❤️

EDIT: I just saw your post, Grinning Soul... 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 (Okay, I'll shut up now and go. I'll be back later or tomorrow.)

I posted his here before, but let me try to write this again.

In my headcannon, on a higher dimension where only the fire and the song of creation exists, Jean and the Phoenix are one.

But when we look at the tri-dimensional reality where the 616 stories exist, the projection of this being is actually perceived (and self-perceived) as 3 different identities:

1) the Phoenix Force - which is sentient, but doesn't have an anthropomorphic psyche
    2) Jean Grey - the human
    3) the merged state between Phoenix and Jean Grey

I know, it's weird. It's easier to understand that in terms of the 4th geometric dimension and the tesseract (so, not counting time as the 4th dimension).

The idea is that, observing from "lower" you simply cannot see the whole, meaning that not even the projections can see themselves for what they are, they can only... intuit.

Now, that's not cannon at all! It's just the way I like to think of it.

Sure, I have a headcannon, but it doesn't really reconcile those stories. In particular, those last 3 ones are very challenging to me.

If Jean became the White Phoenix in the end of Endsong, why was the Phoenix charging towards Earth, detroying stuff in its path? If it had work to do on Earth, why go for Hope? Jean could have just resurrected herself. That's a hard one to go around.

So, if she didn't become the White Phoenix, did Scott talked to the Force in the end of Endsong? And, in the end of AvX, that was also the Force?

And then we get to resurrection story and the fact the Force wanted to destroy Teen Jean because she wasn't "pure" (or something like that). And after it destroys her (but not really), then it brings adult Jean back? So... she wasn't even in the White Hot Room? But if he was, who was Ghost Jean?

It's such a mess.

It's one of the reasons I don't trust Marvel with the Phoenix anymore. But I'd love them to fix the mythos. I just don't see it (fixing the mythos) happening anytime soon.
    Usually I tend to categorize those like partials or imperfect projections of the real deal, the same way shining a beam of white light on a crystal gives life to so many different reflections and shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You all are killing me (in a good way)! �� We are telepathically linked, I swear.

Okay, I need to get out of here and do my post-dog walk workout, i.e., run some laps, lift some weights, and burn off some of this energy and enthusiasm. I also need to do some more thinking.

Jean fans are the best; so thoughtful and intelligent. Thank you all! Keep on being you! ❤️

EDIT: I just saw your post, Grinning Soul... �� �� �� �� �� (Okay, I'll shut up now and go. I'll be back later or tomorrow.)
    I love this theory very much, the use of dimensional geometry gives just the right touch/flavor of science fiction able to makes x-men comics so much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-16-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Usually I tend to categorize those like partials or imperfect projections of the real deal, the same way shining a beam of white light on a crystal gives life to so many different reflections and shapes.
    Why not? :)

I just came across this concept art for Sansa Stark's Jean Grey in "Dark Phoenix" I haven't seen before. All those details make it look A LOT better than the pajamas they've decided to go with in the movie:

X-Men-Dark-Phoenix-Concept-Art.jpg

better resolution here:

http://www.appocalypse.co/entertainm...s-concept-art/

probably have been shared already but all this concept art for this movie is super impressive.

that's what I call a Dark Phoenix: wow!

david-masson-dark-phoenix-stage-10.jpg

david-masson-dark-phoenix-stage-11.jpg

I have something to add as well

What year did this come out? Thank you
    Last edited by 5cents; 07-17-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    What year did this come out? Thank you
    Just this year.