Page 375 of 719 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    ...this depends heavily on circumstance...
    Jean recently took down the ancient symbiote god Knull...

Mama's got this.

But Jean should be no. 1 here. She could quite literally just end crime while hanging out on Krakoa with Scott and Logan.
    Quoted for truth.

Also, I'm going to have to implore you all to listen to this little song. It's doing things to me. I love that she's such a muse to creatives...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Also, Jean just had a song named after her and is included in the lyrics. It is by Lupe Fiasco and featured on Kali Uchis's telepatia album; it dropped yesterday. I actually like it quite a bit. It's groovy and the lyrics mentioning her are perfect.

Lupe Fiasco, whose real name is Wasalu Muhammad Jaco, released a new song of him rapping on Kali Uchis's telepatia.

"...Kill 'em with thanks, that's that Jean Grey, I walk a lonely road...you go against the Bucks like Phoenix in the finals..."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...ugh! No.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...ugh! No.
    "...ugh! No." WhaT?

Not feeling the name drop.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not feeling the name drop.
    Ah, ok. Too bad. I love it. I also love that she's getting love and free publicity, lol. He tweeted his video out to his 1.1 million followers. I was like: 💅🏼. I know, I'm too much. 😂
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-21-2021 at 05:38 AM.

LOL. Nah...you be You, Merc.

LOL. Nah...you be You, Merc.
    Oh, I definitely will be. I am determined to make this thread a Jean lovefest for the ages, goddammit! Seriously, though, I know I can be fervent, but it's all in good fun. I'm just excited about all the attention she's getting. She deserves it.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-21-2021 at 06:48 AM.

What a fucking moment. She looks badass, too. Love every single bit of this. (I’m just catching up on All-New X-Men and sort of loving it?)

The Red Dragon

Count me in as one of those who really ending up disliking Xmen red Jean. She was too passive, too perfect, too pacifist; no fire. Any personality was effectively neutered. Not to mention the ugly bulky armor redesign with cake pan shoulders. Awful
    Last edited by Tank; 07-21-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Jean recently took down the ancient symbiote god Knull...

Mama's got this.
    She had the drop on him and was only able to get in his mind to get a bit of info before getting overwhelmed and lying on the ground helpless barely able to form a sentence.The same thing would happen with someone like Thor(PF Emma was unable to take him down via TP).
    It's still an fantastic feat but there is a lot of context here.
    Even DD was able to fight Knull's influence for a bit to get to an electric chair, I don't know how strong his mental powers are.
    So did Cap IIRC.

The problem isn't that she can't get through their(Thor,Knull) defenses, she is one of if not the best telepath in both strength and skill.it's what lies after she does.Even Emma got into Panthers head but it was a trap and a painful one.Stuff like that will set her back, also nanites like the one Tony used in AvX or SPIN bullets that dampen powers.

Again if the circumstances are all in her favor, sure but there really is no way she does this head on.Specially things there is stuff like tech which she can't incap immediately.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-21-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quoted for truth.

Also, I'm going to have to implore you all to listen to this little song. It's doing things to me. I love that she's such a muse to creatives...
    I love this song.Felt not my type in parts but that "I'm just a flight away" part but i can vibe with.
    And the name drop, so good.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loved Xorna. She was probably my favorite thing about BOTA. Hopefully we'll get a Marvel Legends version of her one day.

She had the drop on him and was only able to get in his mind to get a bit of info before getting overwhelmed and lying on the ground helpless barely able to form a sentence.The same thing would happen with someone like Thor(PF Emma was unable to take him down via TP).
    It's still an fantastic feat but there is a lot of context here.
    Even DD was able to fight Knull's influence for a bit to get to an electric chair, I don't know how strong his mental powers are.
    So did Cap IIRC.

Again if the circumstances are all in her favor, sure but there really is no way she does this head on.Specially things there is stuff like tech which she can't incap immediately.
    She ransacked his mind and discovered his weakness. True, she was in awe and of what she saw, but mostly because she also discovered that the God of Light exists. However, she got it together and coordinated everyone to defeat him.

Extraordinary Member

What a fucking moment. She looks badass, too. Love every single bit of this. (I’m just catching up on All-New X-Men and sort of loving it?)

Damn she still looks amazing in a everything gone wrong future huh...
    Really making everyone else look Ugly