Page 376 of 719 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Loved Xorna. She was probably my favorite thing about BOTA. Hopefully we'll get a Marvel Legends version of her one day.
    I would die.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She ransacked his mind and discovered his weakness. True, she was in awe and of what she saw, but mostly because she also discovered that the God of Light exists. However, she got it together and coordinated everyone to defeat him.
    Which is what I said.How long do you think it will take all the Avengers to take her out if she's incapacitated?
    She so much as looses herself for a millisecond and she's done.
    It's pretty common that gods have minds that mortals can't comprehend.Jean has a lot of PF and cosmic background so she fares better than any other telepath.

And even though Jean is an omega we have seen Avengers take on similar telepaths and win.
    1)Cap-Xavier Skull and his TP shields humiliate Quintin quire in sheer strength, another omega though a much less impressive one in skill.
    2)Thor-PF Emma failed TP on him and was kicked very easily
    3)Black Panther-Has mental traps and Emma fell for one instantly
    4)Iron man has the tech to resist Omega telepaths and has tech to take out said Telepaths ability to TP.
    5)She Hulk when full hulk has telepathic immunity like Banner.
    6)Ghost Rider is immune or resistance IIRC

I think if Jean went berserker, telepathically and even telekinetically speaking, they’re done for.

Extraordinary Member

I think if Jean went berserker, telepathically and even telekinetically speaking, they’re done for.
    Yes that involves her getting the drop on them.And still she can't K.O. a lot of them as stated earlier.They will be in considerable pain though.
    And we have seen them deal with TK and they have various way to counter it.That's not gonna work for her.

Once she psychically incapacitates them, it will.

Psi-blocks can be overwhelmed if enough power is applied, tp shielding via technology has his limits just like everything, they can interfere with mind manipulation and reading but how many omega level psi-blasts are they going to withstand before they short circuit or burn out. Wouldn’t be the first time Jean’s tp completely bypasses the supposed tp defense and that’s not even considering her telekinesis.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jean recently took down the ancient symbiote god Knull...

Mama's got this.
    Gosh, this entire comicbook was definitely my favorite Jean Grey moment in a decade! So perfect. She saved everybody! I don't think what she has done here needs to be downplayed in any means. It was her strategy and power that started Knull's downfall.

She should always walk on water.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Psi-blocks can be overwhelmed if enough power is applied, tp shielding via technology has his limits just like everything, they can interfere with mind manipulation and reading but how many omega level psi-blasts are they going to withstand before they short circuit or burn out. Wouldn’t be the first time Jean’s tp completely bypasses the supposed tp defense and that’s not even considering her telekinesis.
    Again time.You think the Avengers are gonna sit there and let her go through their shields.
    And Tony's TP blockers completely keep out Quintin Quire.And he has offensive nanobots that can take care of TP that Jean can't do much against head on since she won't even know what hit her.
    Thor's and Black Panther's problem isn't getting through, it's what's after.Even if she can survive Panther's traps Thor's entire mind is something beyond mortal comprehension and we will get Knull 2.o.
    Hulk is unaffected by TP and will roll over her TK.
    Even Spider-man has come up with chemical webbing that completely blocks TP and Technopathy along with a device that means he can't be taken over by another mind.Also headphones that can take care of mental manipulation strong enough to get through someone that took over doctor strange.
    Cap has great resistance.

The point is she can get through a lot of the stuff here(except Thor and Hulk and maybe Panther and Tony's offense and Spider-man's gear but he's not on the Avengers so moot point) but she needs time to do so.Time she won't get.
    And also she has to take care of tech based attacks at the same time.All this together, they won't give her time to do this one by one.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-21-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Gosh, this entire comicbook was definitely my favorite Jean Grey moment in a decade! So perfect. She saved everybody! I don't think what she has done here needs to be downplayed in any means. It was her strategy and power that started Knull's downfall.

I thought it was klyntar material which is even cooler.This whole thing was great.The event wasn't good imo but this*chef's kiss*.

I also happen to like the costume a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

They know that she didn't really defeat him, right?
    in fact she collapsed two seconds later.

Still what she did was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    So random thought...I wish Jean had a stronger history of one-on-one battles with certain villains, psychics in particular. Shadow King, Candra, Exodus, Selene, Sinister, etc.

And I'm still itching for some really good, creative, surreal Astral Plane fights/scenarios with Jean as well.
    No one else? She's a dual psi yet has never had (fair) direct battles against the X-Men's most prominent psychic threats...she's either been partially depowered(her first encounter with the Shadow King), ignored (the issue with her, Gambit and Storm in Egypt...but Storm goes up against Candra, not Jean the telekinetic)...overshadowed by Xavier...or dead(would have been nice to see Morrison era Jean up against Exodus)

Just irks me, and Cassandra Nova was a missed opportunity in X-Men red...even if it did end with rehabilitation, how do you not first have an epic multi-page Astral Plane showdown that jolts every psi-sensitive on the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Again time.You think the Avengers are gonna sit there and let her go through their shields.
    And Tony's TP blockers completely keep out Quintin Quire.And he has offensive nanobots that can take care of TP that Jean can't do much against head on since she won't even know what hit her.
    Thor's and Black Panther's problem isn't getting through, it's what's after.Even if she can survive Panther's traps Thor's entire mind is something beyond mortal comprehension and we will get Knull 2.o.
    Hulk is unaffected by TP and will roll over her TK.
    Even Spider-man has come up with chemical webbing that completely blocks TP and Technopathy along with a device that means he can't be taken over by another mind.Also headphones that can take care of mental manipulation strong enough to get through someone that took over doctor strange.
    Cap has great resistance.

The point is she can get through a lot of the stuff here(except Thor and Hulk and maybe Panther and Tony's offense and Spider-man's gear but he's not on the Avengers so moot point) but she needs time to do so.Time she won't get.
    And also she has to take care of tech based attacks at the same time.All this together, they won't give her time to do this one by one.
    Quentin Quire is cute and somewhat of a protégé to Jean, but nowhere near her level. Furthermore, Deadpool is supposedly immune to Jean’s tp and she simply used her tk to stop the blood flow to his brain, knocking him out cold in seconds. She could probably simultaneously do the same to the others.

As for Thor’s “entire mind [being] beyond mortal comprehension,” Jean has been there and done that. Lest we forget she was and, in my opinion, still is the chosen and preferred host of his mother… She could block the blood flow to his brain, too, while telepathically overwhelming him much like she did the Symbiote God.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    No one else? She's a dual psi yet has never had (fair) direct battles against the X-Men's most prominent psychic threats...she's either been partially depowered(her first encounter with the Shadow King), ignored (the issue with her, Gambit and Storm in Egypt...but Storm goes up against Candra, not Jean the telekinetic)...overshadowed by Xavier...or dead(would have been nice to see Morrison era Jean up against Exodus)

Just irks me, and Cassandra Nova was a missed opportunity in X-Men red...even if it did end with rehabilitation, how do you not first have an epic multi-page Astral Plane showdown that jolts every psi-sensitive on the planet?
    It is irksome. The only reason they keep her on the benches is because she’s already displayed and proven what she’s capable of, and at her best, she can take out most of the people mentioned, and certainly the Avengers.

Quentin Quire is cute and somewhat of a protégé to Jean, but nowhere near her level. Furthermore, Deadpool is supposedly immune to Jean’s tp and she simply used her tk to stop the blood flow to his brain, knocking him out cold in seconds. She could probably simultaneously do the same to the others.

As for Thor’s “entire mind [being] beyond mortal comprehension,” Jean has been there and done that. Lest we forget she was and, in my opinion, still is the chosen and preferred host of his mother… She could block the blood flow to his brain, too, while telepathically overwhelming him much like she did the Symbiote God.
    Thor is immune to telepathy .. and between his powers he is super strong and INVULNERABLE, Jean could not with him, in fact she could not with the stronger versions of the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Thor is immune to telepathy .. and between his powers he is super strong and INVULNERABLE, Jean could not with him, in fact she could not with the stronger versions of the Hulk.
    So, she couldn’t stop his blood flow?