Page 387 of 719 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    In defense of Kitty. Kitty was just keeping Jean from being turned to mush lol.

And to think, that was teen Jean, who barely knew how to control her telepathy. Adult Jean would wield her telepathy like a scalpel and crush Wanda's feeble, tortured little mind like a tin can. And that's without the Phoenix Force. After all, Wanda needs to use her mind to use her magic. Afterward, Jean would use her telekinesis to dismantle her at a molecular level.

With the Phoenix Force, however... mwahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    She really is above, I insist, she contained the power of everyone on earth including Jean ... that already surpasses her.

And jean without the help of a.
    Parasitic bird has never defeated a god.
    they should accept that too.
    I love Rogue, but her mind, too, would get crushed like a tin can. Jean would Shut. It. Down. and then lobotomize her telekinetically. Rogue may be cool, but she is not in Jean's league.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Just imagine the damage that tk applied internally can do to a body, we are talking about a power able to grind stone and bend metal, just think what it could do to brain matter, the irreparable damage it could do to lungs, heart’s tissue, nerves, circulatory system.
    All of this. Some of these folks really think Jean, in a fight to the death with the Avengers or any of these other heroes mentioned, would just hurl tk blasts. She could literally make a body implode or explode. Here's teen Jean without the Phoenix having some fun with Galactus:

Now, here's Galactus resorting to shading because he just can't beat Phoenix, lol:

Last edited by Mercury; 07-22-2021 at 05:10 AM.

Agreed, Jean would never use her tk in cruel, invasive and potentially fatal ways
    Jean certainly would go there if need be. She's no shrinking wallflower and we're talking about a fight, quite possibly, to the death. She recently cut Deadpool's brain blood flow and though she felt bad for having done it, she did it. I have no doubt, if pushed in a corner, she would do what needed to be done, though, admittedly, she would show remorse after.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean certainly would go there if need be. She's no shrinking wallflower and we're talking about a fight, quite possibly, to the death. She recently cut Deadpool's brain blood flow and though she felt bad for having done it, she did it. I have no doubt, if pushed in a corner, she would do what needed to be done, though, admittedly, she would show remorse after.
    I meant under normal conditions, but I doubt she would ever opt to cause irreversible damage, as long as it is possible she will always look for the most amicable resolution….case in point: x-men red and cassandra mova.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-22-2021 at 05:25 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I meant under normal conditions, but I doubt she would ever opt to cause irreversible damage, as long as it is possible she will always look for the most amicable resolution….case in point: x-men red and cassandra mova.
    Agreed. If there are other options at her disposal, she would certainly resort to the least damaging one. But, she would go there if need be.

Jean killed the Morlock MeMe and felt bad about it

Jean also killed Prism the Marauder, and didn't.

She'll kill if she has to...how she feels afterwards depends on the circumstances.

And to think, that was teen Jean, who barely knew how to control her telepathy. Adult Jean would wield her telepathy like a scalpel and crush Wanda's feeble, tortured little mind like a tin can. And that's without the Phoenix Force. After all, Wanda needs to use her mind to use her magic. Afterward, Jean would use her telekinesis to dismantle her at a molecular level.

With the Phoenix Force, however... mwahahahahaha!

'm cool with Wanda being Jean's Yin to her Yang. Chaos Bringers meets Chaos Magic...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Interesting that they refer to the Phoenix Force on the page above as "Fiery Order."

Interesting that they refer to the Phoenix Force on the page above as "Fiery Order."
    Which makes no sense to me as it was always established as being the embodiment of primal passion...and Chaos bringer.

AvX was needless to the Phoenix lore because it already has a multi faceted nature and didn't need a "Yin to it's Yang", and certainly not mixed up with Chaos magic or Iron First mysticism

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Which makes no sense to me as it was always established as being the embodiment of primal passion...and Chaos bringer.

AvX was needless to the Phoenix lore because it already has a multi faceted nature and didn't need a "Yin to it's Yang", and certainly not mixed up with Chaos magic or Iron First mysticism
    "Balancing buckets of water on a tight rope will allow you to control the Phoenix when you get it!"

I really hate that story so much some times.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

Phoenix represents life and death, order and chaos, as I see it.

In other news, Jean freezing Iron Man in place with her tk. The receipts will continue to be presented…

How well does Iron Man's tech compare to stuff from the future, Fitzroy's omnium mesh armor in particular? Jean was able to freeze the complex circuitry in his armor for a few moments in UXM 281...and outright shatters the thing in UXM 302.

She's also shattered a cage built by Genesis(also from the future), purported to withstand any psionic force and also feeds back force applied to it back to the source.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Like I said: Jean is too nice to be cruel with her tk.

Without the Phoenix, teen Jean reformed herself from death. She just wouldn't die.

Without the Phoenix, if Jean's tk was allowed to be Omega again, she could disintegrate all of them with a thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're all still made of atoms, right?

But again: power levels vary like crazy throughout the MU. That's why the writers will write whatever they want to write.
    Jean’s atomized stuff and done molecular tk without using her phoenix potential . As a teenager she reformed her body that takes molecular tk and sifted oxygen molecules so the team can breathe. Adult Jean recently atomized the plant people thing and left no trace of them. She also dealt with millions of microscopic nanites, reformed clothes using tk, and move oxygen molecules fast enough to create an explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Jean’s atomized stuff and done molecular tk without using her phoenix potential . As a teenager she reformed her body that takes molecular tk and sifted oxygen molecules so the team can breathe. Adult Jean recently atomized the plant people thing and left no trace of them. She also dealt with millions of microscopic nanites, reformed clothes using tk, and move oxygen molecules fast enough to create an explosion.
    All of this. Theoretically, Jean can do everything Atom Eve, who was totally inspired by and based on her, can do.