Page 395 of 719 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 10783

Me with some of Jean’s fans and detractors 😂🤣😂🤣:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Quite frankly, I am counting it all, especially since it was Jean, not a robot or a clone or a shapeshifter or a fraud; it was the real Jean Grey expressing aspects of her fullest potential.

Also, someone please direct me to the interview(s) or rule book that clearly states we are not to consider some of the moments I’ve posted ad Jean Grey or canon, for that matter. I’m not being snarky, mind you, but would like to see these rules if, in fact, they exist.
    Me with some of Jean’s fans and detractors ��������:

Hahahaha, ya made me crack up with Joan, Mercury! Joan will fight anyone who goes against Jean, LOL!

Yeah, I count it all. It is Jean Grey doing these feats! And, if the long-ago Jean could beat Firelord, the new and improved Jean Grey can certainly beat SS and Galactus-pus!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahahaha, ya made me crack up with Joan, Mercury! Joan will fight anyone who goes against Jean, LOL!

Yeah, I count it all. It is Jean Grey doing these feats! And, if the long-ago Jean could beat Firelord, the new and improved Jean Grey can certainly beat SS and Galactus-pus!
    "In the other room..." 😂

And yes, unless Marvel explicitly states, "This is to be disregarded; it is not canon," I don't see why I should have to dismiss these Jean feats and moments just because some people don't think they count or they're not currently being referred to by writers. We're not talking about alternate earths here.

"In the other room..." ��

And yes, unless Marvel explicitly states, "This is to be disregarded; it is not canon," I don't see why I should have to dismiss these Jean feats and moments just because some people don't think they count or they're not currently being referred to by writers. We're not talking about alternate earths here.
    Eh, I’m not entirely sure the context of this question. From my own experience, I mean, if it’s your thoughts about it not imposed on anyone, then no one can take that away from you.

Needless to say, if someone is gonna bring a debate between 616 characters at base levels, bringing grown-up teen Jean Grey, from a future her current self was never a part of, is not gonna sit well with them because she would have never gone through those same experiences as that potential future. More importantly, because Teen Jean went back to her own era, that future no longer exists, since it happened because Ahab attacked the present day and possibly killed Iceman…..possibly. (His fate is unclear, but I think the hints from X-Men: Blue are to insinuate Bobby was killed and Magneto did something that contributed to turning the O4, Jean included into darker, yet still heroic, versions of themselves.) Bring that characterization to 616 Jean and you will find it doesn’t match her current thought-process, nor would it match the teen version, who believed in the good of Magneto last she met with him.

Anyone have a clue of a way to get this game without actually having to go to the countries it is released in? I am slightly tilted that this game is still not out worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Eh, I’m not entirely sure the context of this question. From my own experience, I mean, if it’s your thoughts about it not imposed on anyone, then no one can take that away from you.
    In the post prior to the one you quoted, I didn't so much ask a question as request that someone share interviews or a "rule book" that clearly states we are not to consider the moments I have posted of Jean as valid or canon. Furthermore, I would like something official, either in writing or spoken on video, from Marvel and/or X-Men creators stating that she is not as powerful as she was during her time as teenage Jean. If none exist, I don't see why I need to disregard any of her iterations, save for alternate earths.

Needless to say, if someone is gonna bring a debate between 616 characters at base levels, bringing grown-up teen Jean Grey, from a future her current self was never a part of, is not gonna sit well with them because she would have never gone through those same experiences as that potential future. More importantly, because Teen Jean went back to her own era, that future no longer exists, since it happened because Ahab attacked the present day and possibly killed Iceman…..possibly. (His fate is unclear, but I think the hints from X-Men: Blue are to insinuate Bobby was killed and Magneto did something that contributed to turning the O4, Jean included into darker, yet still heroic, versions of themselves.) Bring that characterization to 616 Jean and you will find it doesn’t match her current thought-process, nor would it match the teen version, who believed in the good of Magneto last she met with him.
    You bring up some valid points, which do affect Jean's intentions and emotional state but don't refute or contradict her power levels. In other words, her telekinetic and telepathic accomplishments came from her on a "base level"; they were not due to a cosmic force or any other alterations made to her as a mutant or character. She is capable of doing now all that she did as teenage Jean. That she has not been written to do these things during this era is beside the point, especially if the creators and editor(s) at Marvel have not explicitly stated that we are to disregard those iterations of her character or that she is incapable of doing what she did, in terms of psionic feats, as teenage Jean. I have not read anywhere where such retcons were made.

Furthermore, I think it is even more telling that Marvel approved interpreting Jean's younger self in such a formidable way; as far as I am concerned, it indicates that they are supportive of showing Jean as extremely and innately powerful without the Phoenix Force. Perhaps their decision to allow her to be interpreted in this way is due to the fact that they knew she would not be reuniting with the Phoenix Force (anytime soon) and they didn't want that decision to diminish her power or capabilities. Moreover, the fact that teenage Jean was shown accomplishing some of the feats she accomplished indicates to me that Marvel wanted it established how powerful she has always been, i.e., all along, even before the Phoenix Force entered her life.

In the post prior to the one you quoted, I didn't so much ask a question as request that someone share interviews or a "rule book" that clearly states we are not to consider the moments I have posted of Jean as valid or canon. Furthermore, I would like something official, either in writing or spoken on video, from Marvel and/or X-Men creators stating that she is not as powerful as she was during her time as teenage Jean. If none exist, I don't see why I need to disregard any of her iterations, save for alternate earths.
    Ah, okay.

If you were speaking of her teenage self, quite the contrary. X-Men Monday #1 Jordan D. White explains that Jean is capable of what her teen self is, but she just does not prefer it. It’s an excuse for why X-Writers won’t use her pink form. Like how most people feel about Jean using Marvel Girl or her wearing the dress. Something for Jean to leave behind.

“AiPT!: Joshua Chayne‏ (@JoshuaChayne) had a question about Jean Grey (who appears in that Marvelous eXclusive image above) and her powers. Since both teen and adult Jean are the same character, does adult Jean now have the pink psi-body and psi-raptor power-up that the time-displaced Jean developed?

Jordan: The answer is yes, but in regards to whether she will start using it, that remains to be seen. If you look at it from her point of view, it’s like she just remembered about this thing she used to do when she was a teenager. She hasn’t used it in a decade… well, I guess less, depending on how long she was dead, but you get my point. It’s not part of her routine, it’s not part of how she normally does things. I am sure there are things we all did all the time 10 years ago that we could still do, if we give it a go, but which are no longer our go-to things. For example, I used to play the keyboard a lot. I am sure if I sat down at one, I could work out how to do it again… but when I want to play music now, I play the ukulele.”

http://https://aiptcomics.com/2019/0...nd-baconators/

I would have taken it with a grain of salt hadn’t he not been the one in control of the direction of the X-Men and that Jean hasn’t used her pink form or psionic constructs for so long since Extermination.

You bring up some valid points, which do affect Jean's intentions and emotional state but don't refute or contradict her power levels. In other words, her telekinetic and telepathic accomplishments came from her on a "base level"; they were not due to a cosmic force or any other alterations made to her as a mutant or character. She is capable of doing now all that she did as teenage Jean. That she has not been written to do these things during this era is beside the point, especially if the creators and editor(s) at Marvel have not explicitly stated that we are to disregard those iterations of her character or that she is incapable of doing what she did, in terms of psionic feats, as teenage Jean. I have not read anywhere where such retcons were made.
    I haven’t either in regards to Teen Jean, as shown above.

Furthermore, I think it is even more telling that Marvel approved interpreting Jean's younger self in such a formidable way; as far as I am concerned, it indicates that they are supportive of showing Jean as extremely and innately powerful without the Phoenix Force. Perhaps their decision to allow her to be interpreted in this way is due to the fact that they knew she would not be reuniting with the Phoenix Force (anytime soon) and they didn't want that decision to diminish her power or capabilities. Moreover, the fact that teenage Jean was shown accomplishing some of the feats she accomplished indicates to me that Marvel wanted it established how powerful she has always been, i.e., all along, even before the Phoenix Force entered her life.
    To be fair, Jean sorta was supposed to be on the fast track to becoming so powerful…….Even while she was dead too, actually, now that I think about all those times they’ve referred to her.

Ah, okay.

If you were speaking of her teenage self, quite the contrary. X-Men Monday #1 Jordan D. White explains that Jean is capable of what her teen self is, but she just does not prefer it. It’s an excuse for why X-Writers won’t use her pink form. Like how most people feel about Jean using Marvel Girl or her wearing the dress. Something for Jean to leave behind.

“AiPT!: Joshua Chayne‏ (@JoshuaChayne) had a question about Jean Grey (who appears in that Marvelous eXclusive image above) and her powers. Since both teen and adult Jean are the same character, does adult Jean now have the pink psi-body and psi-raptor power-up that the time-displaced Jean developed?

Jordan: The answer is yes, but in regards to whether she will start using it, that remains to be seen. If you look at it from her point of view, it’s like she just remembered about this thing she used to do when she was a teenager. She hasn’t used it in a decade… well, I guess less, depending on how long she was dead, but you get my point. It’s not part of her routine, it’s not part of how she normally does things. I am sure there are things we all did all the time 10 years ago that we could still do, if we give it a go, but which are no longer our go-to things. For example, I used to play the keyboard a lot. I am sure if I sat down at one, I could work out how to do it again… but when I want to play music now, I play the ukulele.”

http://https://aiptcomics.com/2019/0...nd-baconators/
    This is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information, which unequivocally proves that Jean can do now everything she did as teenage Jean. I have this hunch that the powers that be have made it a point to not have Jean "show off" right away because they have plans for her that are still in gestation, or not structured to be revealed just yet. I can see her turning out to be a surprise pivotal character in either the Trial of Magneto or Inferno. If not either of those two storylines, then not long after in another storyline. Though my anticipation is tempered, I can't wait to find out.
    Last edited by Mercury; 07-24-2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Grammar

This is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information, which unequivocally proves that Jean can do now everything she did as teenage Jean. I have this hunch that the powers that be have made it a point to not have Jean "show off" right away because they have plans for her that are still in gestation, or not structured to be revealed just yet. I can see her turning out to be a surprise pivotal character in either the Trial of Magneto or Inferno. If not either of those two storylines, then not long after in another storyline. Though my anticipation is tempered, I can't wait to find out.
    No prob. Even if they don’t want to acknowledge Jordan’s statement, we can easily go back to Extermination and show them the scan of Jean literally remembering everything. Heck, we can even show the O5’s development from their teen selves, like the fact that Iceman is still gay or Cyclops’ interactions with the Champions.

BANNED

Notice that anything that is additive to her or advances her is bad and has to go, but the one thing that consistently weighs her down is back like the most tenacious roach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Notice that anything that is additive to her or advances her is bad and has to go, but the one thing that consistently weighs her down is back like the most tenacious roach.
    ????? Context???

No prob. Even if they don’t want to acknowledge Jordan’s statement, we can easily go back to Extermination and show them the scan of Jean literally remembering everything. Heck, we can even show the O5’s development from their teen selves, like the fact that Iceman is still gay or Cyclops’ interactions with the Champions.
    It really doesn't matter if writers don't want to acknowledge it because considering that White is "Senior Editor in charge of the X-Men," they have to abide by it. He's made it clear that 1) he considers current Jean as powerful and capable as teen Jean and 2) he hasn't ruled out that she will return to using her powers in the same way teen Jean did. As he noted, "[W]hether she will start using it, that remains to be seen." This statement intrigues me because it indicates that he's thought about having her display her powers in the same way teen Jean did, but hasn't decided how or when. OR, he has decided how and when but didn't want to reveal it during this interview and still doesn't want to reveal it.

It really doesn't matter if writers don't want to acknowledge it because considering that White is "Senior Editor in charge of the X-Men," they have to abide by it. He's made it clear that 1) he considers current Jean as powerful and capable as teen Jean and 2) he hasn't ruled out that she will return to using her powers in the same way teen Jean did. As he noted, "[W]hether she will start using it, that remains to be seen." This statement intrigues me because it indicates that he's thought about having her display her powers in the same way teen Jean did, but hasn't decided how or when. OR, he has decided how and when but didn't want to reveal it during this interview and still doesn't want to reveal it.
    I meant fans. Sorry.

I have no idea where it will all go.

I meant fans. Sorry.

I have no idea where it will all go.
    Ah, gotcha. Well, I don't see why a real fan of Jean wouldn't want to acknowledge that quote, lol. That would be one weird fan.

BANNED

????? Context???
    Anything that makes Jean more capable, powerful, outstanding or independent. the office is vehemently against. Meanwhile the boring shipping that actually worsens her character is her main purpose.

You'd think with Phoenix being intentionally misconstrued as Jean's persecutor, she could have her psychic form as a change and replacement, but no. It's too cool for the type of character they want Jean to be.