Page 4 of 719 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Im looking forward to 2021 being Jean's year

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Narrator: “It wasn’t going to be.”
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

I love that Hickman isn't keeping Jean Earth bound. It's one of the things I liked about the Claremont era one issue the X-Men could be fighting some street-level villains in the next issue they're on some Intergalactic Planet fighting aliens.

So far Jean lives on the moon, battled the Brood on an alien planet, fought against against interdimensional beings on a dead space station orbiting earth, and now she's going on a space adventure with Cyclops and Storm.

I hope we get her guest staring in SWORD sometime this year.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

2021 for sure isn't going to be 2018 for Jean but it'll certainly be good.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Depends on how you define "her year".

If just going "CYKE!", "NATHAN!" and sucking at doing anything besides calling people on her mind-phone is something to look forward to, AND I THINK IT IS, 2021 will most likely be her year. To be honest, she's going to be supporting her husband's X-Men team and raising her kids, so what more could you want from a 20-something space-goddess superhero? All you Jean fans care about is FEATZ.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love that Hickman isn't keeping Jean Earth bound. It's one of the things I liked about the Claremont era one issue the X-Men could be fighting some street-level villains in the next issue they're on some Intergalactic Planet fighting aliens.

So far Jean lives on the moon, battled the Brood on an alien planet, fought against against interdimensional beings on a dead space station orbiting earth, and now she's going on a space adventure with Cyclops and Storm.

I hope we get her guest staring in SWORD sometime this year.
    I hadnt even thought of that but I like it. Really looking forward to seeing how she gets to flex her muscles in the next story

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

2021 for sure isn't going to be 2018 for Jean but it'll certainly be good.
    Agreed. Im more excited for her future now than all of 2019 and 2020. She ended up in a good spot at the end of last year

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Depends on how you define "her year".

If just going "CYKE!", "NATHAN!" and sucking at doing anything besides calling people on her mind-phone is something to look forward to, AND I THINK IT IS, 2021 will most likely be her year. To be honest, she's going to be supporting her husband's X-Men team and raising her kids, so what more could you want from a 20-something space-goddess superhero? All you Jean fans care about is FEATZ.
    So much constant negativity. And i disagree that all we care for is FEATZ, so much conversation has gone into her characterisation, or percieved lack of.

"AIPT: X-Fan Phoenix from Virginia said it looks like Jean Grey left the intelligence side of X-Force. Will she still be a prominent player in the team? Or will she just be guesting here and there?

Ben: I love writing Jean, so stay tuned."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    "AIPT: X-Fan Phoenix from Virginia said it looks like Jean Grey left the intelligence side of X-Force. Will she still be a prominent player in the team? Or will she just be guesting here and there?

Considering Percy is probably setting up Beast for a big Fall From Grace it would be perfect if he inserted Jean as head of X-Force.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-04-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Considering Percy is probably setting up Beast for a big Fall From Grace it would be perfect if he inserted Jean as head of X-Force.
    Thats not likely to happen as Jean will be co-leading the X-men and its mission statement conflicts with X-Force. Im not even sure if Jean will be appearing in X-Force as Percy also writes Wolverine ad dshe can be used there

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not want Jean Grey Phoenix to monopolize the attention, but the PF is part of Jean. I just want good, imaginative writers who know how to write a very powerful lady and when to use the PF in stories and how/when not.
    Get her a solo book

Astonishing Member

Thats not likely to happen as Jean will be co-leading the X-men and its mission statement conflicts with X-Force. Im not even sure if Jean will be appearing in X-Force as Percy also writes Wolverine ad dshe can be used there
    Eh she can do both.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

Ooohhhh my question made the cut! At least something to look forward to!
    Last edited by mike7171; 01-04-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm excited that we'll be getting more of Percy's Jean. He's one of her better writers IMO. Though I don't suspect it'll be anything major. Like Havok said, I think it'll be more in Wolverine's solo so that we can see more of Jean and Logan's dynamic.

I know Cassara posted a sketch of Jean recently, but I still think that her role in X-Force is mostly over. Though I'd like her to be present for the end of whatever happens with Beast's storyline, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's present when the deal with Kid Omega.

Eh she can do both.
    but she's likely not going to. Lets be real; she's not going to lead X-men and X-Force and everything so far is building up to her spearheading X-men. They are meant to be the faces of Krakoa's mutants; its heroes. X-Force is a blackops force which is contradiction to that and operates under the jurisdiction of Xavier/QC. It doesnt make sense for her to give up her QC seat to start the X-men and go on to lead X-Force