Page 411 of 719 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    In the words of two auspicious fellows, one whom usually wore a small hat, "Hated It!!"
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    and part 2

I love Power Surge. So wonderfully done.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    ��

LOL, yes, that is them, Mercury, in all of their Snap-a-lisciousness!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

What recent issues has Jean been in? Not caught up lately.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    What recent issues has Jean been in? Not caught up lately.
    About how far back was the last thing that you read? Jean's been pretty prominent in X-Men, Cable, and various issues of the Hellfire Gala, but also depending on how far back we have to go, we have X of Swords, X-Force, etc.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    About how far back was the last thing that you read? Jean's been pretty prominent in X-Men, Cable, and various issues of the Hellfire Gala, but also depending on how far back we have to go, we have X of Swords, X-Force, etc.
    Since the Jean Grey series and House of X stuff.

Extraordinary Member

I missed you, you little monkey! It’s streaming on Netflix.
    Thanks a lot

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dont bother. It was terrible
    The animation art seems great.
    I'll have to see about the story myself but thanks for the warning.I'll keep plot expectations on the down low

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Since the Jean Grey series and House of X stuff.
    HOLY CRAP! I’m not knocking you. Just really surprised how far back…..

Extermination is one book she is really prominent in. Just about front and center in fact.

Roesenberg’s Uncanny X-Men vol 5 for the first 10 issues are where she is pretty prominent, except in issue 7. She also appears in the very last issue of that volume, but you probably will be confused about what’s going on if you don’t read it all the way through.

After issue 10 of Uncanny, it goes to Age of X-Man: Alpha, Omega, and Marvelous X-Men. Honestly, it’s skippable in my opinion. Though it’s where she has been the duration of Uncanny X-Men Vol 5 after issue 10.

Skipping House and Powers of X, Jean has basically been in the first several issues of X-Force. After that, she appears very sporadically in that book.

She has few appearances in Cable, most notably in the last issue of this volume.

X-Men vol 5 also has appearances from her, but she actually doesn’t contribute much in most of it except for the very last issue. I will let others recommend other issues if they disagree.

She will be very, very prominent in the new vol of X-Men going on now in vol 6. Only one issue has been out, but issue two is coming out this week if I’m not correct. Someone else is free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Jean also has a major appearance in King in Black #4, but I suggest you read issue 1 to get a just of what’s going on, then go to issue 4 if you’re searching for Jean only moments.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 08-02-2021 at 09:09 PM.

I think I read Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men... was that with the Scott and Jean rejoining?

Any character development issues??? X-Men has been pretty plot driven lately with the Krakatoa stuff.

BANNED

She's had some OK character moments in X-Force. We see a little bit of her perspective on death. She gets to show a slight bit of 'tude in an issue or two.

Honestly though, we are still waiting for anything major to write home about to happen with Jean and probably will be until whenever the next franchise relaunch is, at the least.

Still crossing my fingers for a big Jean-fan writer. It's bound to happen one day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She's had some OK character moments in X-Force. We see a little bit of her perspective on death. She gets to show a slight bit of 'tude in an issue or two.

Honestly though, we are still waiting for anything major to write home about to happen with Jean and probably will be until whenever the next franchise relaunch is, at the least.

Still crossing my fingers for a big Jean-fan writer. It's bound to happen one day.
    She finally made the main team of X-Men. On X-Forve she was just supposed to be intelligence. Her making the main team means something right there, because previously she was sidelined as just being a council member.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Eh the animation was nice, but I'm not a fan of that Aeon Flux style of anime. Overall I felt we were sold some crappy storytelling for this series so if someone asked I wouldn't recommend to a die-hard Jean or X-Men fan.
    It's best if you are a fan of Scott or Armor, although Beast and Logan are decent as well. Logan had his own anime from the same studio, so that's a better bet if you are a fan of him specifically. And I'll list Armor with a small caveat - this is right after her powers manifest so she isn't the fully formed character you are used to, she has to build towards that.

I liked how they had Jean reaching out to those she was most connected with after her death, but she was more of a Deus ex Machina than a character in this series.

Emma wasn't really like Emma at all. She was blonde, flaunted her appearance, and a dedicated teacher, but I don't recall her air of superiority or biting snark being shown much, if at all in this series. You could have subbed nearly any other mutant for her and the plot wouldn't change very much - which actually puts her worse than Jean despite being a major character and not, well, dead in a flashback. Jean at least came across as being Jean in her brief moments on screen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    HOLY CRAP! I’m not knocking you. Just really surprised how far back…..

Extermination is one book she is really prominent in. Just about front and center in fact.

Roesenberg’s Uncanny X-Men vol 5 for the first 10 issues are where she is pretty prominent, except in issue 7. She also appears in the very last issue of that volume, but you probably will be confused about what’s going on if you don’t read it all the way through.

After issue 10 of Uncanny, it goes to Age of X-Man: Alpha, Omega, and Marvelous X-Men. Honestly, it’s skippable in my opinion. Though it’s where she has been the duration of Uncanny X-Men Vol 5 after issue 10.

Skipping House and Powers of X, Jean has basically been in the first several issues of X-Force. After that, she appears very sporadically in that book.

She has few appearances in Cable, most notably in the last issue of this volume.

X-Men vol 5 also has appearances from her, but she actually doesn’t contribute much in most of it except for the very last issue. I will let others recommend other issues if they disagree.

She will be very, very prominent in the new vol of X-Men going on now in vol 6. Only one issue has been out, but issue two is coming out this week if I’m not correct. Someone else is free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Jean also has a major appearance in King in Black #4, but I suggest you read issue 1 to get a just of what’s going on, then go to issue 4 if you’re searching for Jean only moments.
    Also, she has some great pivotal TK and TP feats in Planet Size X-Men. I posted one of her best moments by Hickman from X-Men #16 a few pages back, but I'll post it again below:

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I will definitely check out Evolution. However, please tell me you all have seen the X-Men anime. It was sublime.

Loved this series when it first came out, however upon re-watching this series, WATX the animated series, and that X-men Legacy game are all the epitome of how Jean was viewed during this era. A tragic figure, incapable of handling her overwhelming abilities acting as a cautionary tale for all the other X-men. Jean deserves better than, the stories she was given she barely had a voice in her own tragedy.