Page 427 of 719 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 10783

Never forget! Jean Grey saved the universe that day...all of them

I just remembered this feat.

Using psi-tech back in the day. “Don’t worry! This isn’t girl martyr month!” ��

Last edited by Mercury; 08-08-2021 at 10:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Jean and Storm are super close and almost like sisters, we shouldn't pit them against each other.
    I'm not... I'm merely making an observation -- Ororo being a full-fledged, I can do anything, Goddess and all... Perhaps, Ororo would simply interpret Jean's electrical brain impulses as an attack and blitz Jean before she could act.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-09-2021 at 02:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yeah, I remain not a fan of removing Jean from the council, nor the overall "Jean can't handle anything tough" depiction this era is going for. Tom Taylor set her up to be a governing voice pretty well.
    The Council is falling apart. Three members have left(Storm is on Arakko). Wait till Charles’s and Erik’s deception get exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'm not... I'm merely making an observation -- Ororo being a full-fledged, I can do anything, Goddess and all... Perhaps, Ororo would simply interpret Jean's electrical brain impulses as an attack and blitz Jean before she could act.
    Perhaps Jean would just shut her mind off without a thought and that would be that. Or, she could telekinetically cut the flow of blood to her brain or, if she’s being ruthless, she could rush all of her blood to her brain until she hemorrhages.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Council is falling apart. Three members have left(Storm is on Arakko). Wait till Charles’s and Erik’s deception get exposed.
    Chiiile… 😂. I am so happy Jean is away from that clusterfuck of a “Quiet Council.”
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-09-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Even Magneto knows not to fuck with Jean too much. He concedes, admitting that her greatest strength is “perseverance” and her “willingness to sacrifice everything” and that if they continue fighting, they “both might die”:

I really am disappointed that we havent see much of any of Jean and Magneto in the current era especially with the context now that he was her mentor in her younger years

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really am disappointed that we havent see much of any of Jean and Magneto in the current era especially with the context now that he was her mentor in her younger years
    So true. There could be such interesting dialogues between the two, as you said, considering their long history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just remembered this feat.

Uncanny X-men 281 will always be one of my favorites because it was the first issue I read as a kid where Jean did something other than be in the background. I think at this point I had read X-men 1 and issue 2 and it took me years to find issue 3 (where the Gold team goes to rescue the Blue). Uncanny 281 had a lot of action and I recall being shocked that Jean was killed but I loved the part where she transfers her mind to the body of Emma Frost - revealed in the next issue. Jean also uses tk in that body which was never really explained. I think Emma fans use it to suggest Emma has latent tk. Maybe since tk is a power of the mind Jean transferred it with her lol (which probably doesn't make sense but you know, comics!).

The Gold team remains one of my favorites and again I'm not saying the stories are great quality but since it was my comics introduction (I started with the cartoon) I will always be fond of that team. It had my favorites on it - Jean, Storm, and Iceman (as well as other favs like Bishop and Archangel). I sometimes wish the Gold Team had a few more adventures as the team didn't last long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Jean also uses tk in that body which was never really explained. I think Emma fans use it to suggest Emma has latent tk. Maybe since tk is a power of the mind Jean transferred it with her lol (which probably doesn't make sense but you know, comics!).
    This transference makes total sense, especially considering the fact that Emma was dead. In other words, Jean wasn’t using Emma’s mind, which is where her powers are contained, she was using her body. At that point, Emma’s body was a lifeless shell that Jean used to house her psyche. Anything she did power wise was due to her own abilities.

Also, didn’t Jean transfer her telekinesis to Psylocke at some point?

This transference makes total sense, especially considering the fact that Emma was dead. In other words, Jean wasn’t using Emma’s mind, which is where her powers are contained, she was using her body. At that point, Emma’s body was a lifeless shell that Jean used to house her psyche. Anything she did power wise was due to her own abilities.

Yes, Jean and Psylocke (Betsy) switched powers - but it was never explained. It was hinted it happened when they fought the Shadow King together. In the Twelve Storyline Jean hinted she could help Betsy with her SK problem (at that point Betsy was using her powers to confine the Shadow King and couldn't use her telepathy). We don't know how the swap happened or if it was something to do with the crimson dawn or something else.

All we know is that Jean gained a psychic affinity for shadows and Betsy gained her tk (it was stated as such in the X-men Black Sun mini) but it was a story quickly ignored - and soon it became conventional wisdom that Betsy was a telekinetic. Even when she was resurrected by her brother she was a tk. It became a part of her character. In my mind the tk should just have reverted back to Jean because if you think about it Jean regained her tk in the start of Morrison's run and Betsy was killed in Xtreme X-men around the same time. But in comics they never go with an easy fix or explanation.

I just recall at the time a lot of fans on the boards were upset about the power swap because their powers are genetic. How do you swap them anyway, so I did wonder if something magical was involved. They should (but probably won't) explain this in a story in X-men Legends. It would be nice but I don't expect it. I wonder if even Claremont remembers what he originally planned.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    ean also uses tk in that body which was never really explained. I think Emma fans use it to suggest Emma has latent tk. Maybe since tk is a power of the mind Jean transferred it with her lol (which probably doesn't make sense but you know, comics!).

Emma is a latent TK user (as is Xavier). This is true as the Cuckoos have the ability to use TK and has been used to explain why they have that ability. This was before she was given ANOTHER ability of the diamond form because the writer wanted a brawler and couldn't get the mutants he wanted so he gave Emma a new secondary mutation.

And it has never been explained how Betsy and Jean's powers were switched. One of those Claremont stories he intended to do but never did. It's assumed that once the High Evolutionary's machine reinstated everyone's powers someone/thing swapped Jean and Betsy, but neither party did so under their control.

BANNED

IIRC, Jean and Betsy to a certain extent swapped powers as Jean was still a telepath after the fact and Betsy was not -- Jean gained Betsy's psychic shadow form with a gold Phoenix emblem over her eye instead of the Crimson Dawn mark (which is not a mutant ability) possessed by Psylocke... I don't recall the who, how, and whys ever being explained.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-09-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Emma is a latent TK user (as is Xavier). This is true as the Cuckoos have the ability to use TK and has been used to explain why they have that ability. This was before she was given ANOTHER ability of the diamond form because the writer wanted a brawler and couldn't get the mutants he wanted so he gave Emma a new secondary mutation.

And it has never been explained how Betsy and Jean's powers were switched. One of those Claremont stories he intended to do but never did. It's assumed that once the High Evolutionary's machine reinstated everyone's powers someone/thing swapped Jean and Betsy, but neither party did so under their control.
    If you can, please post the page in which either Emma or Xavier are referred to as “latent” telekinetics. I’ve never heard of either being labeled as such. Though Emma has used and been tied to the Cuckoos, their abilities are not intrinsic to one another.

I’ll have to find the page, or Omega_DCD might do me the favor, but it has been explicitly stated that Jean transferred her TK to Psylocke.

Nevertheless, Jean using her TK in Emma’s body had nothing to do with Emma because she was dead, i.e., her body was powerless save for what Jean brought when she transferred her psyche into it .