Page 435 of 719 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    When Jean does that, it reminds me of Hope Summers. Feels like a cop out, but oh well. When JDW said, Jean is familiar with her Teen self's Siphoning skills, but just never used it since. I guess this is her work around until her 'muscle memory' kicks in.

Maybe she can eventually use all mutant powers around her on a planetary scale (or more), since she's an omega? Hmmm....
    I don't think it's a copout at all, especially since Jean is not so much mimicking others' power as combining them to work together with each other and her own. Also, she's not just "familiar" with her time-displaced siphoning skills, she's capable of doing the same but has chosen not to, according to Jordan D. White, which makes me think they will have her showing off her powers more as time goes on. Perhaps in the new book. Really, there is so much to be explored when it comes to her capabilities. I'm just grateful that White acknowledges that what she’s done while time-displaced and after is still considered canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What?!? Wait... When did this happen? Title and issue, please

Last edited by Mercury; 08-14-2021 at 07:10 AM.

I loved that moment in X-force #10. So many of us - myself included thought Jean would do something similar in Planet Sized X-men. We thought Jean would synch folks up or merge minds like she did here.
    Telepathy can be very useful and I loved how Jean, Sage, and Black Tom used their powers together. Mutants are stronger when they work together is one of the big themes of the Hickman era. It has been fun to see all the mutant circuits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I loved that moment in X-force #10. So many of us - myself included thought Jean would do something similar in Planet Sized X-men. We thought Jean would synch folks up or merge minds like she did here.
    Telepathy can be very useful and I loved how Jean, Sage, and Black Tom used their powers together. Mutants are stronger when they work together is one of the big themes of the Hickman era. It has been fun to see all the mutant circuits.
    Yes. In X-Men 2 she combined her telepathic powers with Polaris’s magnetism to do a MRI on a dead mind. It’s why she had Lorna out the force field around her before she went ij the heart of that. Jean could have made her own force field to go in alone, but she would not have been able to access Polaris’s magnetism.

A question on Jean's TK. When Jean uses her TK it's normally highlighted as a pink aura. Can people see this aura or is it just used to highlight to us readers when she's using her powers?

I only ask because I've noticed some artists don't bother with an aura and others do.

So if Jean happened to pick me up and throw me across the room would I see myself surrounded by pink or would it just an invisible force?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    A question on Jean's TK. When Jean uses her TK it's normally highlighted as a pink aura. Can people see this aura or is it just used to highlight to us readers when she's using her powers?

I only ask because I've noticed some artists don't bother with an aura and others do.

So if Jean happened to pick me up and throw me across the room would I see myself surrounded by pink or would it just an invisible force?
    Generally, it’s just for the readers. It is possible for her to make it visible by focusing more psionic energy. Same goes for her telepathy as it would for her telekinesis.

The best way to tell whether her powers are projecting visible light is how it interacts with the surroundings and individuals.

Example: Someone points out her powers in use, like Cyclops does here when she generates psychic fire.

In general though, psionics are visible when there is enough power generated. A good way to tell if it’s that powerful is if the light reflects off the surroundings. (I.e. everything looks has a colored hue outlining them)

So, by the same logic, You can bet constructs will most likely be visible, since Psylcoke has gone on record that their creation is the focused totality of one’s psionic powers put to the construct. That power comes with the side effect of being visible.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post

I don’t think a definitive answer to this has been established. During most of the X-Men’s first run, Jean’s TK was drawn as invisible, i.e., using dotted lines and waves to render her powers. Neil Adams and Dave Cockrum are the artists that started really highlighting her powers.

Adams:

Cockrum:

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    The best way to tell whether her powers are projecting visible light is how it interacts with the surroundings and individuals.

Example: Someone points out her powers in use, like Cyclops does here when she generates psychic fire.

In general though, psionics are visible when there is enough power generated. A good way to tell if it’s that powerful is if the light reflects off the surroundings. (I.e. everything looks has a colored hue outlining them)
    Good point!

I love this scene by Claremont from Uncanny X-Men #381 (2000):

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

What a great find, Micabe! Thanks for posting it ❤️

In Uncanny X-Men #48, which is when Jean was first described as having “infinite mental powers,” she was able to use her telepathy to track a robot, i.e., “an electronic brain,” and save Cyclops and herself in the end.

Her side work as a fashion model is also revealed in the issue mentioned above:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    In Uncanny X-Men #48, which is when Jean was first described as having “infinite mental powers,” she was able to use her telepathy to track a robot, i.e., “an electronic brain,” and save Cyclops and herself in the end.

I love that panel, thanks mercury.