Page 445 of 719 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 10783
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Can Jean for once just do her thing without requiring handholding-fainting-crutches of any sort…….. it’s tp , it’s her omega field, why is it so hard for these writer to let this character do her job?
    Can’t believe how boring they are making her powers….. oh well….I have given up …..I’ll just shut up for the rest of the month!
    Dont forget when she’s actually allowed to be effective with her powers there’s always a comment from her or a 3rd party that she cant do it for long! It’s like they are afraid to show her as competent or powerful.

BANNED

It's in line with this era's overall depiction of the character, Percy's aberration not withstanding. Remember that M had to help her as well.

The era started off explicitly stating that she's a damsel.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Everyone is their own individual and Jean asking Emma for help is not a jab at her. We shouldn’t be taking this as a detraction to Jean...
    Look, I totally get what you're saying and where you're coming from - a page or two back I was encouraging others to not take the Way of X page so seriously - but it's kind of hard to maintain your level of neutrality, especially when the writer of the book in question has Twitter compilations such as these (and I just found out about this today):

"Leah's Emma Tweets"

https://twitter.com/i/events/1013646...519552?lang=en

The bias is obvious to me.

Well, I'm also kind of disappointed for the brief potrayal of Jean in ToM. I'm actually all for Jean doing teamwork or combining her powers with others, but Marvel knew what will happen in the fandom if they decided to use THAT line, and they still did. I think that we, as Jean fans, know the extent of Jean's powers and her immesurable potential, so we will not believe her "incapable" for that dialogue about "needing Emma". And we know that this does not mean that Jean is less powerful or skilled than Emma at all. But I assure you, the Jean haters will take that panel as the sacred proof of Jean being "inferior to Emma" and will shove it to our faces everytime they could. I just hope to not encounter them in a discussion.

Regarding Rachel, I was actually happy to see Jean asking her for help. They are my two favorite characters and I've been waiting ages to see them talk. Well, they still didn't talk lol but at least they shared a panel. I'm so desperate for Jean-Rachel content that these crumbs may suffice me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Look, I totally get what you're saying and where you're coming from - a page or two back I was encouraging others to not take the Way of X page so seriously - but it's kind of hard to maintain your level of neutrality, especially when the writer of the book in question has Twitter compilations such as these (and I just found out about this today):
    Leah is indeed very biased towards Emma, she is her favorite character. And while she seems to like Jean to an extent, her takes on the Dark Phoenix Saga in Twitter are not very... "favorable" to Jean herself. For example she seems to focus on the situation as "Mastermind plucking Jean's dark sexual desires" more than "Mastermind being textbook s*exual predator". She has written good stories (Illyana's What If?... may be my favorite "What If?" ever) but if I were to choose, I wouldn't choose Leah as Jean's writer in a future occasion.

"Leah's Emma Tweets"

https://twitter.com/i/events/1013646...519552?lang=en

The bias is obvious to me.
    The tweet RIGHT above that says, “ tired: Jean Grey fans and Emma Frost fans being pitted against each other”. She definitely loves Emma but I don’t think there’s an inherent dislike for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The tweet RIGHT above that says, “ tired: Jean Grey fans and Emma Frost fans being pitted against each other”. She definitely loves Emma but I don’t think there’s an inherent dislike for Jean.
    Followed up with:

"at least please stop calling Emma a whore" jean grey fan challenge 2k19

As if a the majority of Emma fans are victims and oh so innocent. Maybe it’s just Jean fans she has issues with.

Frankly, I don’t solely blame Emma for her telepathic affair with Scott - he was equally if not more responsible because he had vows and loyalty to maintain, whereas she did not - and I could care less about her sexual proclivities. (I did raise an eyebrow, though, at her trying to seduce an adolescent Cyclops, but that’s just one of many things that has prevented me from fully embracing her.) No, I am more concerned with the perpetrations she committed and facilitated against Jean on behalf of Mastermind during the Dark Phoenix Saga and the deaths, destruction, and devastation that resulted from them.

Astonishing Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's a telepath; he's not. She should be able to see whats real. It makes no sense that she doesnt look into his memories. Heck, Cerebro backs it up and she can just go to that without having to deal with Magneto's subconcious. Its contrived BS
    1.Leah thinks tying up Wanda's hands means she can't use magic.
    2.Leah also think Jean can't read Magneto's mind w/ no helmet.I sure he has strong mental defenses but
    a)He doesn't have his helmet, most of the times psychics can't do anything to him.A lack of practice in the field
    b)He's hurt and passed out, he's not even fighting it.
    c)I think the nightmares being unreliable is true if they were in the field, you can think of stuff to throw telepaths off but if she has minutes she should be able to do it w/ ease.

I mean the story is terrible, the Lorna monologue reads like angst fanfic and everyone is OOC.So Leah is consistent, just consistently bad.

Followed up with:

As if a the majority of Emma fans are victims and oh so innocent. Maybe it’s just Jean fans she has issues with.

Frankly, I don’t solely blame Emma for her telepathic affair with Scott - he was equally if not more responsible because he had vows and loyalty to maintain, whereas she did not - and I could care less about her sexual proclivities. (I did raise an eyebrow, though, at her trying to seduce an adolescent Cyclops, but that’s just one of many things that has prevented me from fully embracing her.) No, I am more concerned with the perpetrations she committed and facilitated against Jean on behalf of Mastermind during the Dark Phoenix Saga and the deaths, destruction, and devastation that resulted from them.
    I like both, and I'm glad people admit Scott was at fault(there are many male victims of s*xual assualt like Nightwing, Deadpool, Spider-man, etc. but no one talks about them but everyone thinks Scott is) but Emma has done some terrible stuff they just ignore.That teen Scott thing was OOC though.

And she really f*cked Jean up, like ik Jean got her "revenge" in the phoenix stuff but she should have done more.She even put her diamond shards together IIRC just after.

And no shade to frost, but going after married men/women going through trauma is, well I don't wanna be mean but it's not something a respectable individual does.

I like Emma, i really do but people like Leah make me dislike her.

a)She blocks and threatens to block anyone who insults her specially for cheating w/ scott.I'm not saying she is a [vulgar language] but.... she kinda did do stuff similar to that.

b)She "blew up a pony"

c)Leah loves that she tells everyone to be better, maybe take her own advise

d)The Tony panel w/ genosha is so stupid.Emma really thought she did something huh

1.Both Avengers team were busy and so was the FF.With Kang and negative zone IIRC.
    2.The attack happened quickly and even Iron man in his Armor that can do mack 8 wouldn't have made it.There was calculation done for this.
    3.It was Casandra nova who did, Charles telepathic twin thing
    4.how many times have the X-men not helped the other like when Ultron killed a country.Do they blame the X-men or Emma?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb2-...L&index=1&t=1s
    ^^The video for fan calc. and other points, ignore the rest(it does have some good points and is an interesting hear but I'm only linking if someone wants to know math behind the fan. calc)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    ...the Lorna monologue reads like angst fanfic...
    Let's not even go into how she shit all over Lorna - the second female member of the X-Men - in this issue. Ugh.

Extraordinary Member

Let's not even go into how she shit all over Lorna - the second female member of the X-Men - in this issue. Ugh.
    Fr, she was like a 9 year old angry with her dad.Crying and stomping everywhere throwing a tantrum.
    I mean I was hoping they were gonna keep a damper on the daddy issues but boy was I wrong.

I like Emma, I really do but people like Leah make me dislike her.
    I don't know what else she's written for Emma, so I can't agree. However, writers that continue to write Emma as a snobby and predatory elitist and expect me to consider any of it alluring or impressive are the people that make me dislike her. As I've said before, I don't find her antics in the slightest bit cute, funny, or cool.

Fr, she was like a 9 year old angry with her dad.Crying and stomping everywhere throwing a tantrum.
    I mean I was hoping they were gonna keep a damper on the daddy issues but boy was I wrong.
    I can't. And the dialogue she wrote for Erik - he ripped Lorna to shreds - was... Again, I can't.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know what else she's written for Emma, so I can't agree. However, writers that continue to write Emma as a snobby and predatory elitist and expect me to consider any of it alluring or impressive are the people that make me dislike her. As I've said before, I don't find her antics in the slightest bit cute, funny, or cool.

I can't. And the dialogue she wrote for Erik - he ripped Lorna to shreds - was... Again, I can't.
    No.I meant as a fan, not a writer
    I agree, it works if they are still a villain or "anti-hero".Both Punisher and Emma go too far, but Emma is also treated as this amazing teacher with a pure and golden heart.Like I understand she likes kids(for teaching), but that doesn't justify what she has done.It's not cute if you portray her as a hero.

Yeah well, we got 4 more issues.This is gonna be fun, he says sarcastically
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-18-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Top reaction: "Oh, someone's going to actually utilize Jean's degree in psychology from Columbia University and her vast skills and experience as a telepath to delve into Magneto's mind and suss out something of vital importance?"

..."I'd need Emma's help"

Bottom reaction: "Of course...Sigh...damn it"

ALSO, MIND YOU (pardon the pun)...Jean has DIRECT experience being inside Magneto's mind (Fatal Attractions...X-Men #25) and even experienced first hand how his own mind was an unreliable narrator by seeing memories play out in ways that they didn't in reality...and we know Jean was during the heavy lifting during this mental expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

Top reaction: "Oh, someone's going to actually utilize Jean's degree in psychology from Columbia University and her vast skills and experience as a telepath to delve into Magneto's mind and suss out something of vital importance?"

..."I'd need Emma's help"

Bottom reaction: "Of course...Sigh...damn it"

ALSO, MIND YOU (pardon the pun)...Jean has DIRECT experience being inside Magneto's mind (Fatal Attractions...X-Men #25) and even experienced first hand how his own mind was an unreliable narrator by seeing memories play out in ways that they didn't in reality...and we know Jean was during the heavy lifting during this mental expedition.

I love every bit of you, Omega-DCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    she went hard in trying to rally up the notion that Jean was a racist a couple of years ago. That told me all I needed to know about how she felt about her