Page 446 of 719 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she went hard in trying to rally up the notion that Jean was a racist a couple of years ago. That told me all I needed to know about how she felt about her
    Are you f-ing serious? If this is true... the levels. I am sure she must have been referring to Jean viewing herself as a plantation owner and Ororo as her slave, but Emma's devious machinations and Mastermind's illusions couldn't have had anything to do with that, right?

Again, who is the elitist always dressed in white?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love every bit of you, Omega-DCD.
    Aw thanks ��, love you too

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's a telepath; he's not. She should be able to see whats real. It makes no sense that she doesnt look into his memories. Heck, Cerebro backs it up and she can just go to that without having to deal with Magneto's subconcious. Its contrived BS
    That is not how telepathy works. She sees what they see and goes off the information shown. Telepathy isn’t a magical knowledge-button that she can push. She has to actually look at what’s in their head and determine if that information is true. Magneto does not need to be a telepath to believe himself in the right or even create fanciful scenario’s in his head. That’s the power of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Can Jean for once just do her thing without requiring handholding-fainting-crutches of any sort…….. it’s tp , it’s her omega field, why is it so hard for these writer to let this character do her job?
    Can’t believe how boring they are making her powers….. oh well….I have given up …..I’ll just shut up for the rest of the month!
    Yes? She has done it before in the past. That doesn’t mean she won’t need help all of a sudden. No one is gonna bat an eye if Xavier or Emma Frost ask someone else for help. Jean is no different. Her being an omega does not mean she won’t need help every so often.

You don’t have to like the portrayal, but saying it’s wrong for Jean to ask for help and equating it to the times that she has fainted is blowing things way out of proportion. It’s not like Jean is saying his mind is too powerful. She literally generalizes the subconscious mind being a lawless place. It’s a normal thing. Like I said, Jean probably wants it done faster. It has nothing to do with her capability.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That is not how telepathy works. She sees what they see and goes off the information shown. Telepathy isn’t a magical knowledge-button that she can push. She has to actually look at what’s in their head and determine if that information is true. Magneto does not need to be a telepath to believe himself in the right or even create fanciful scenario’s in his head. That’s the power of imagination.
    I think at some point we just have to agree to disagree, PyroFN. It makes sense to you. It doesn't make sense to other posters. I'm willing to say "all right, then... I'll buy it for the sake of the story", but I confess it bothers me because we don't normally see other telepaths "needing" help.

Needing help to lift a body though? That one I really can't excuse.

But again: who knows what Leah actually wrote at this point? I don't want to blame her and find out I was unfair.

Look, I totally get what you're saying and where you're coming from - a page or two back I was encouraging others to not take the Way of X page so seriously - but it's kind of hard to maintain your level of neutrality, especially when the writer of the book in question has Twitter compilations such as these (and I just found out about this today):

"Leah's Emma Tweets"

https://twitter.com/i/events/1013646...519552?lang=en

The bias is obvious to me.
    I can’t see the context. Leah says, “I’m trash in the tweet” and posts that pic. She is probably inferring she is Jean in the scenario? I don’t know. I don’t read into random conversations that way.

Edit: Nevermind. Someone explained the context. It looks like it’s about the rivalry between Jean and Emma fans. Not Jean in particular. Based on how overworked fans have gotten about Jean asking for a little help from Emma are going, she isn’t wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I think at some point we just have to agree to disagree, PyroFN. It makes sense to you. It doesn't make sense to other posters. I'm willing to say "all right, then... I'll buy it for the sake of the story", but I confess it bothers me because we don't normally see other telepaths "needing" help.

Needing help to lift a body though? That one I really can't excuse.

But again: who knows what Leah actually wrote at this point? I don't want to blame her and find out I was unfair.
    I suppose if they inform it as “I don’t like that they portray Jean this way”, rather than simply saying it’s wrong, I can accept it easier. The problem is their framing it as “Leah said Jean can’t read Magneto’s mind.” That’s inaccurate and I personally don’t like inaccuracy. If misinformation is why they are mad, then I am gonna correct them about it. If they argue with me, then I will discuss with them like an adult to hopefully come to some understanding. If they say I don’t accept it or it’s my opinion, I will back off.

That one about carrying Magneto is strange to me. I chalk that up as if someone wanting things done faster personally. Like if I asked you to help me carry this body. I can do it myself, but it probably be easier, done faster, and safer if someone helped (I.e. why paramedics have more than one person loading someone on a stretcher), but honestly, that I can’t really defend either.

I can’t see the context. Leah says, “I’m trash in the tweet,” and posts that pic. She is probably inferring she is Jean in the scenario? I don’t know. I don’t read into random conversations that way.

Edit: Nevermind. Someone explained the context. It looks like it’s about the rivalry between Jean and Emma fans. Not Jean in particular. Based on how overworked fans have gotten about Jean asking for a little help from Emma are going, she isn’t wrong.
    What's your response regarding her other tweet aimed at Jean's fans, or this claim that she was pushing "the notion that Jean was a racist"?
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-18-2021 at 10:45 PM.

I suppose if they inform it as “I don’t like that they portray Jean this way”, rather than simply saying it’s wrong, I can accept it easier. The problem is their framing it as “Leah said Jean can’t read Magneto’s mind.” That’s inaccurate and I personally don’t like inaccuracy. If misinformation is why they are mad, then I am gonna correct them about it. If they argue with me, then I will discuss with them like an adult to hopefully come to some understanding. If they say I don’t accept it or it’s my opinion, I will back off.

That one about carrying Magneto is strange to me. I chalk that up as if someone wanting things done faster personally. Like if I asked you to help me carry this body. I can do it myself, but it probably be easier, done faster, and safer if someone helped (I.e. why paramedics have more than one person loading someone on a stretcher), but honestly, that I can’t really defend either.
    Fair enough about the first point. The way I'm reading the "room", though, it's not just an opinion for them. It's based on Jean's previous feats and they're even giving you the facts they're using to frame their view. You disagree it's the same thing and that's totally fine. That's why I'm saying sometimes people just have to agree to disagree. But I'm not trying to censor you or anyone. Please, don't take it this way.

As for the telekinesis, though, I actually thought about it. And serious question: how would Rachel speed anything up? If Jean said: "I'll grab him by the arm pits, you get his ankles" would that make taking him to the Gardens faster? Honestly, I tried but I really can't think of how having two tks working on carrying a single human body goes faster than one tk who can easily lift it and stabilise it.

If Jean said: "I'll grab him by the arm pits, you get his ankles" would that make taking him to the Gardens faster?
    😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I love you and all of your earnestness, Grinning Soul. Never change. You gave me a much-needed laugh tonight and, as always, food for thought.

Love,

The Arm Pits

What's your response regarding her other tweet regarding Jean's fans or this claim that she was pushing "the notion that Jean was a racist"?
    Jean fans can be overly zealous. Just like Storm fans. Just like Wolverine fans. Rogue fans. Any fans. Just like any fandom. It’s been admitted by literally us ourselves how we can be excitable. I don’t blame her if she has that view because it’s not entirely wrong. It’s not the most fair, but she is her own person. She doesn’t need to change her view on my account, especially since I don’t talk to her to begin with to know of her views.

As for the “racist Jean” thing, I am not believing gossip about her. I would rather see the good in another person over believing every outstandingly shocking rumor coming my way about how Leah has a terrible view of Jean. I don’t know the context of any conversation. I don’t know who Leah is as a person. I will judge her work as it is, take whatever word she gives, as I would any other person. It’s as much as I would want someone to give me.

������������

I love you and all of your earnestness, Grinning Soul. Never change. You gave me a much-needed laugh tonight and, as always, food for thought.

Love,

The Arm Pits
    Oh... it should have been written "armpits", right? It's early here, I haven't had breakfast and English is not my first language. That's my excuse. :P

Fair enough about the first point. The way I'm reading the "room", though, it's not just an opinion for them. It's based on Jean's previous feats and they're even giving you the facts they're using to frame their view. You disagree it's the same thing and that's totally fine. That's why I'm saying sometimes people just have to agree to disagree. But I'm not trying to censor you or anyone. Please, don't take it this way.

As for the telekinesis, though, I actually thought about it. And serious question: how would Rachel speed anything up? If Jean said: "I'll grab him by the arm pits, you get his ankles" would that make taking him to the Gardens faster? Honestly, I tried but I really can't think of how having two tks working on carrying a single human body goes faster than one tk who can easily lift it and stabilise it.
    It’s fine. I like your viewpoints on Jean and you are probably the most voice of reason often on here, even if there are times I disagree with you, I respect it greatly when you speak your mind.

Maybe Rachel was clotting the blood? Maybe Jean was tired from shielding everybody from Magneto’s assault, including Lorna, who couldn’t seem to shield herself to the point of getting nicked by Magneto? It’s very strange. It’s not like Leah doesn’t know the power of the Grey’s. She has used Rachel’s Tk extremely effectively before, so I don’t believe she has a view of Telekinesis being a weak power:

Jean fans can be overly zealous. Just like Storm fans. Just like Wolverine fans. Rogue fans. Any fans. Just like any fandom. It’s been admitted by literally us ourselves how we can be excitable. I don’t blame her if she has that view because it’s not entirely wrong. It’s not the most fair, but she is her own person. She doesn’t need to change her view on my account, especially since I don’t talk to her to begin with to know of her views.
    Just like Emma fans, right? Also, yes, it is wrong to generalize a whole fanbase as mostly consisting of people who call Emma a "whore." Like, WTF? It's also a way of diverting from some of the other perpetrations Emma has been responsible for, the least of which, in my opinion, is tHe TeLePaThIc AfFaIr. Seriously.

As for the “racist Jean” thing, I am not believing gossip about her. I would rather see the good in another person over believing every outstandingly shocking rumor coming my way about how Leah has a terrible view of Jean. I don’t know the context of any conversation. I don’t know who Leah is as a person. I will judge her work as it is, take whatever word she gives, as I would any other person. It’s as much as I would want someone to give me.
    This is fair and I commend you for being neutral here. I won't be doing this tonight - I have to sleep - but I will be researching this purported "Jean was a racist" campaign. If I find a tweet or quote, I will be sure to post it. Honestly, I am hoping it's not true because, well, that would be beyond the pale.

Oh... it should have been written "armpits", right? It's early here, I haven't had breakfast and English is not my first language. That's my excuse. :P
    I wasn't paying attention to the spelling; I've made the same mistake. It was the bit of dialogue that had me cackling. I literally pictured Jean saying, "Rachel, I'll grab him by the armpits, you get his ankles." lmao. ::sigh:: We are all just too much. But I love you all for that and I wouldn't have it any other way!

It’s fine. I like your viewpoints on Jean and you are probably the most voice of reason often on here, even if there are times I disagree with you, I respect it greatly when you speak your mind.

Maybe Rachel was clotting the blood? Maybe Jean was tired from shielding everybody from Magneto’s assault, including Lorna, who couldn’t seem to shield herself to the point of getting nicked by Magneto? It’s very strange. It’s not like Leah doesn’t know the power of the Grey’s. She has used Rachel’s Tk extremely effectively before, so I don’t believe she has a view of Telekinesis being a weak power:

It really makes no sense... It would make more sense if Jean asked Rachel to take Mags to the Gardens, instead of helping her.

Again: at this point, I have no idea what Leah actually wrote in that issue, so I'm not going to express a negative opinion about her writing. I do think that comparing anyone to Rachel's portrayal isn't a good thing in this Krakoan era. And I say that because it bothers me the way Rachel has been portrayed at times, like I said some posts ago.

I wasn't paying attention to the spelling; I've made the same mistake. It was the bit of dialogue that had me cackling. I literally pictured Jean saying, "Rachel, I'll grab him by the armpits, you get his ankles." lmao. ::sigh:: We are all just too much. But I love you all for that and I wouldn't have it any other way!
    I seriously tried to imagine how on Earth Rachel could help carrying a body and I honestly thought it probably would make it harder than Jean carrying it on her own (especially when you consider stabilizing the neck/spine). And then I laughed at my own absurdity because that's my weird sense of humour: the universe is absurd. You just have to point it out. :P

But the interest in someone's view was genuine: I really cannot see it how it speeds things up, but I'd like to.

The Jean/Rachel bonding moment of the Krakoan era is literally lifting an old man's body together

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    The Jean/Rachel bonding moment of the Krakoan era is literally lifting an old man's body together
    I'd prefer a hug if actually writing a dialogue is too much to ask, but that's old sentimental me. :P