Page 447 of 719 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 10783
    BANNED

Maybe Jean was concentrated on keeping Magneto unconscious, so while she focused on that she wanted Rachel to carry him/help carry him.

But whatever, Leah is not Jean’s regular writer. No reason to freak out just because someone doesn’t write your favorite in the way you like in an off issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Jean fans can be overly zealous. Just like Storm fans. Just like Wolverine fans. Rogue fans. Any fans. Just like any fandom. It’s been admitted by literally us ourselves how we can be excitable. I don’t blame her if she has that view because it’s not entirely wrong. It’s not the most fair, but she is her own person. She doesn’t need to change her view on my account, especially since I don’t talk to her to begin with to know of her views.

As for the “racist Jean” thing, I am not believing gossip about her. I would rather see the good in another person over believing every outstandingly shocking rumor coming my way about how Leah has a terrible view of Jean. I don’t know the context of any conversation. I don’t know who Leah is as a person. I will judge her work as it is, take whatever word she gives, as I would any other person. It’s as much as I would want someone to give me.
    I feel writers should keep bias down.No problem with uplifting your favs but comparing them and putting down is where I draw the line.

And what is the "Jean is racist " thing.Is this true or Leah's headcanon(she seems to have a lot on her twitter from the threads I just saw) or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I feel writers should keep bias down.No problem with uplifting your favs but comparing them and putting down is where I draw the line.

And what is the "Jean is racist " thing.Is this true or Leah's headcanon(she seems to have a lot on her twitter from the threads I just saw) or something else.
    I believe this is about Mastermind's illusions with Ororo depicted as a slave

The Jean/Rachel thing just makes no sense...even if we try to attribute it to Jean in some way telepathically sedating Magneto...our girl can MULTI-TASK. Again I refer to X-Men #25, pulling double duty of telekinetically keeping Wolverine's body together (AND transporting him in a stable manner)...as well as telepathically preventing his mind from registering the full scope of the damage done to him. And Jean is quite a bit more powerful now with regards to both powers.

To me, it's like Leah tried to make it a nice little moment for them, but it eschews all logic as to exactly what "help" Rachel is supposed to provide for the task.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I believe this is about Mastermind's illusions with Ororo depicted as a slave
    How does that make Jean racist?
    And was she the only one or were there other people depicted as slaves?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

X-Men #70 (blue team - 1991)

Jean is moving herself and Scott, keeping the nanotechs apart, keeping Scott sedated and performing a Memory Dump on Cecilia.

Later, Jean keeps holding *millions* of microscopic machines with her tk, while keeping Scott telepatically sedated before she finally collapses.

And she can't put Erik to sleep and carry him herself? Puh-lease!

NOTE: Would I have prefer if she hadn't collapsed? Yes! But it was a feat using both her powers under the highest stress you can imagine, because the man in question is her husband.

NOTE 2: I got just some of the panels because she keeps this up for the most part of the issue.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-19-2021 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    The Jean/Rachel thing just makes no sense...even if we try to attribute it to Jean in some way telepathically sedating Magneto...our girl can MULTI-TASK. Again I refer to X-Men #25, pulling double duty of telekinetically keeping Wolverine's body together (AND transporting him in a stable manner)...as well as telepathically preventing his mind from registering the full scope of the damage done to him. And Jean is quite a bit more powerful now with regards to both powers.

Testify!

To me, it's like Leah tried to make it a nice little moment for them, but it eschews all logic as to exactly what "help" Rachel is supposed to provide for the task.
    And isn’t it curious that the two moments she gives Jean end with her asking for and needing help.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-19-2021 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    X-Men #70 (blue team - 1991)

Jean is moving herself and Scott, keeping the nanotechs apart, keeping Scott sedated and performing a Memory Dump on Cecilia.

Later, Jean keeps holding *millions* of microscopic machines with her tk, while keeping Scott telepatically sedated before she finally collapses.

And she can't put Erik to sleep and carry him herself? Puh-lease!

NOTE: Would I have prefer if she hadn't collapsed? Yes! But it was a feat using both her powers under the highest stress you can imagine, because the man in question is her husband.

NOTE 2: I got just some of the panels because she keeps this up for the most part of the issue.
    Yes this is another great dual-psi feat

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Testify!

And isn’t it curious that the two moments she gives Jean end with her asking for and needing help.
    Indeed....it's this constant undercutting that is so infuriating. Jean doesn't need a spotter for either task...let her flex

allegedly bc the argument that she was making was that it was Jean's inner desires

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I'd prefer a hug if actually writing a dialogue is too much to ask, but that's old sentimental me. :P
    ​that's asking too much from Marvel, we would be lucky if we have another shared panel in maybe... 2 years? Lifting the old man's body is ENOUGH 😤

I try looking at things from a different angle, being objective about the art and the text, cutting slacks for the sake of the narrative, etc...

I'm willing to concede that Jean immediately getting the answers from Erik's mind would mean she'd know for sure, right away if he killed Wanda or not. We can discuss how this could be a secret with all those telepaths around in the first place, but that's a different discussion. For the sake of the narrative, I'm okay-ish with the "I'd need Emma".

But asking for help to lift a body? That's like having Scott ask Alex to help him blast a wooden door and say he did that so they could have a nice family moment.

Please, let's just not...

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    ​that's asking too much from Marvel, we would be lucky if we have another shared panel in maybe... 2 years? Lifting the old man's body is ENOUGH ��
    In two years they'll be at odds with each other again for... reasons. Their relationship is complicated for... reasons. :P
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-19-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Leah argues that Mastermind's illusions were actually Jean's secret "sexual desires", and that would mean that Jean, somewhat, secretly desired to depict Ororo as a slave. She says that the crime here was that Mastermind plucked those "desires" from her mind without her consent, and that made her angry and go full DP. I don't like her take at all, she doesn't take into account the whole grooming process Mastermind did to Jean and the subtext of abuse and loss of body autonomy (or mind autonomy) involved, I don't like when people refer to the illusions of Mastermind as just "Jean's sexual desires", because she was being abused in that moment and it seems pretty tone deaf to me :/
    Last edited by Starchilde; 08-19-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    allegedly bc the argument that she was making was that it was Jean's inner desires
    Ummm.... that's just weird.
    The thing that decides is that were there other slaves, I mean if it was multiple people who aren't all black then this is a moot point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Leah argues that the Mastermind illusion were actually Jean's secret "sexual desires", and that would mean that Jean, somewhat, secretly desired to depict Ororo as a slave. She says that the crime here was that Mastermind plucked those "desires" from her mind without her consent and that made her angry and go full DP. I don't like her take at all, she doesn't take into account the whole grooming process Mastermind did to Jean and the subtext of abuse and loss of body autonomy (or mind autonomy) involved, I don't like when people refer to the illusions of Mastermind as just "Jean's sexual desires", because she was being abused in that moment and it seems pretty tone deaf to me :/
    I mean, seems pretty OOC.Which a lot of stuff is, what other "inner desires" did she show?
    Were they consistent with her character?