Page 462 of 719 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 10783

I think it’s also safe to say she shielded for this space ship crash in this issue.

I don’t think it’s a matter of Hickman hating Jean in particular. I think it’s more he wants to tell high stakes stories and has no clue how to do so, unless it’s giving the bad guy a leg up for some reason. Take X of Swords for instance. Magik should have summoned her own army from Limbo in the battle against Amenth. Nothing such came from this story,

I refer further back to his reasoning for the Omega List being cut down back in his AiPT! interview:

“Adam Henderson (@SGT_KILR) asked: Is Goldballs considered an omega level mutant? He can create the balls without limit which matches your description.

Jonathan: The list of Omega Level mutants is complete and set in stone. Anyone who isn’t on the list isn’t one, and there won’t be any new Omega Level characters created for quite some time. There are way too many overcooked characters as is right now.

http://https://aiptcomics.com/2019/10/14/x-men-monday-32-jonathan-hickman-answers-your-house-of-x-and-powers-of-x-questions/

That is what I gather from the odd decisions of using most powerful X-characters.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed so much, I know how´s to have to take a writer that thinks poorly of your favavorite character, like you know there will be other stories but it´s hard to see it that way at the moment if your character is being affected.
    Especially because, sometimes, it has the snowball effect and the next writer keeps up with the trend and yet another echo chamber is born, etc…

Yes this happens to all characters at some point but it´s especially bad when writers grew up seeing this version and thinking and writting those characters under this perspective without even looking into their actual story in the comics so if your fave was badly handled there, they won´t question it, they will just keep their view they had unless they take a more close approach to them to bring something different but this doesn´t always happens.

I personally loved TAS and it´s version of the Phoenix Saga was the thing I loved most but this doesn´t mean that I thought that was all to know about Jean so when I read the comics I was interested in seeing more of her. Different sides of her.
    You know? I'm old. I watched TAS as a child, when it was released. In fact, the cartoon was what brought me to the X-Men. I actually liked Jean there because I had never read/seen anything about her. I thought she was a really weak mutant, but I liked her personality. Then I absolutely fell in love with her in the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga, where her heroic personality really shone.

(There isn’t a single time I watch the DPS episodes and manage not to cry).

So I got to the books and my mind was blown by how different (and much better) she was and the more I read, the more I realised she wasn’t just an awesome comic book character. Jean is an awesome character even when compared to traditional literature.

But I could see that because I came to the comics with an open heart and I didn’t hold on to preconceived ideas. I understood the 616 continuity was the source and what should really matter.

Exactly I don´t share this perspective that you should stop a character just because they already got great stories, precisely because they already have great stories they should try to write more about them.
    Yep. Because not only they have something about them that allows for great stories to be told, once those stories are told, they also have a great story in their background, which makes them even richer.

People sometimes makes no sense… Ziggy, please, take me to your planet! :P

I would like to see this too especially since the whole X-men team are kind of seen as ambassadors from Krakoa.
    Yeah, well… I think that would derail the sweet super-heroics of the main book.

I had had this idea before X-Men was released. Now it could work if there was a side book of the diplomatic/aid missions. But some fans would throw a hissy-fit if all those characters were in two books. You’d need a somewhat different cast, I think.

I always enjoy the interaction between superpowered families but the human and character moments are the ones I enjoy most from them. :)
    Yes. I can’t never get too many hugs between family and friends! :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-23-2021 at 12:44 AM.

I feel like an ass for basing my opinion of Leah’s latest rendering of Jean on a few out-of-context panels and others’ opinions. Admittedly, I didn’t read The Trial of Magneto #1 until tonight. I didn’t read anyone post about her entire appearance in it, which I’m quite pleased with.

The shielding… :chef’s kiss:

The moment between her and Rachel was obviously not meant to indicate weakness, especially considering what she did the panels before. I read it as her having a moment with her daughter, as someone, or a few posters, mentioned pages back, especially during such an insane moment.

And she made the comment regarding needing Emma’s help moot with her subsequent retort.

As I tweeted:

Jean’s brief appearance and feats in The Trial of Magneto #1 sort of fed me tonight. The force field, her blocking Polaris from Magneto’s attack and comforting her, her mother-daughter moment w/ Rachel, her saying she “need[s] Emma’s help” to navigate Magneto’s id, & after Cyclops replies, “That can be arranged,” retorting, “No, it can’t. A nightmare can’t confess.” There was something so regal & understatedly delicious about it all.

Wait...something penetrated Jean's shield? What were those spikes made from?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wait...something penetrated Jean's shield? What were those spikes made from?
    Not exactly, lorna was facing magneto outside of Jean’s shield, lorna wounds would have been worse if not for Jean managing to partially shield her from magneto’s shrapnels, notice that Lorna’s injuries are limited to her right harm that was exposed opposite of the partial force field Jean projected at the last second in order to save Her.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-23-2021 at 02:43 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Not exactly, lorna was facing magneto outside of Jean’s shield, lorna wounds would have been worse if not for Jean managing to partially shield her from magneto’s shrapnels, notice that Lorna injuries are limited by her right harm that was exposed opposite of the partial force field Jean projected at the last second to save Her.
    You saved me the trouble.

Can we dance?

Not exactly, lorna was facing magneto outside of Jean’s shield, lorna wounds would have been worse if not for Jean managing to partially shield her from magneto’s shrapnels, notice that Lorna’s injuries are limited to her right harm that was exposed opposite of the partial force field Jean projected at the last second in order to save Her.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I love that panel with Lorna and Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You saved me the trouble.

Can we dance?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

You cutie, you. 😂

Anyway, I loved her moments in ToM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I love that panel with Lorna and Jean.
    It looked like a semi homage to New X-Men #132
    lorna jean.JPG

EDIT: Nevermind, I think you were talking about the panel where they were shielding themselves, not the one I was thinking of xD I also loved that panel.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 08-23-2021 at 07:36 AM.

In New X-Men Lorna and Jean seem to be the same age. In this current era Lorna looks younger

Lorna was always younger than Jean. She came in as one of the younger X-men alongside Havok and they were supposed to be the same age as Bobby

BANNED

I’m glad you read the issue, Mercury. All it takes is one person to take one scene out of context and then try to cause an uproar on Twitter and harass creators. Which is wrong.

Jean saved a whole group of X-Men from being killed by Magneto. Soon after she through a space station into orbit in Planer Sized X-Men.

Obviously, she’s a powerful telekinetic. Williams wrote her powerful.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I honestly would prefer if Jean had asked Rachel to do it, then. You could say she was trying to keep the investigation as "by-the-book" as possible, considering Rachel is part of X-Factor and Jean isn't. But then again, Rachel should also go in Magneto's mind [edit: even if Jean and Emma are actually doing the work and Rachel is there just a telepathic witness to the process so things can be as official as possible].

The point isn't that. The point is that it happens too often with Jean. You don't see male characters being put on those situations, for instance. They actually get interactions instead. Again: Leah could have written Rachel and Jean actually interacting in X-Factor, considering she's a writer who has dedicated panels for personal interactions in her book. She chose not to. And then we get that BS?

I'm sorry, that I really can't excuse.
    The problem isn't just Leah, it's across the board when it comes to Rachel and Jean. This is the second time on panel (at least my count) where Jean has directly addressed Rachel since X-Men Red. Hickman didn't have them talking or interacting in X-Men - Jean was left out of the family excursions and when they were in a room together they were never interacting. In X of Swords Rachel had to get Wi-Fi to relay information to Jean on because..... I still don't know the rationale for Rachel not just communicating directly to Jean. In X-Factor 1 Jean is with the other QC as Lorna relays her details on Aurora's death and their investigation - Erik congratulates Lorna but Rachel and Jean say nothing to each other. The first time they spoke to each other on panel was in Cable when Jean said good job to Rachel on saving the babies...and that was it. And while on panel together in the last Cable issue I don't remember them speaking to each other. Now many will and have said "Well they are telepaths so they are having moments using tp", but as a fan of both I think if it's not shown on panel it doesn't happen especially when these two are involved after writers and editors keeping them apart for so long for no reason.

So fair points on Leah not doing it in X-Factor, but it feels like no one in the X-Office is doing it and we're back to the 80's mandate that "thou shall not interact lest we confuse readers". We shouldn't have to imagine them being close or friendly with each other off panel if writers and editors allowed us to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The problem isn't just Leah, it's across the board when it comes to Rachel and Jean. This is the second time on panel (at least my count) where Jean has directly addressed Rachel since X-Men Red. Hickman didn't have them talking or interacting in X-Men - Jean was left out of the family excursions and when they were in a room together they were never interacting. In X of Swords Rachel had to get Wi-Fi to relay information to Jean on because..... I still don't know the rationale for Rachel not just communicating directly to Jean. In X-Factor 1 Jean is with the other QC as Lorna relays her details on Aurora's death and their investigation - Erik congratulates Lorna but Rachel and Jean say nothing to each other. The first time they spoke to each other on panel was in Cable when Jean said good job to Rachel on saving the babies...and that was it. And while on panel together in the last Cable issue I don't remember them speaking to each other. Now many will and have said "Well they are telepaths so they are having moments using tp", but as a fan of both I think if it's not shown on panel it doesn't happen especially when these two are involved after writers and editors keeping them apart for so long for no reason.

So fair points on Leah not doing it in X-Factor, but it feels like no one in the X-Office is doing it and we're back to the 80's mandate that "thou shall not interact lest we confuse readers". We shouldn't have to imagine them being close or friendly with each other off panel if writers and editors allowed us to see it.
    It's frustrating the minimal amount of actual interaction Jean and Rachel have in their whole history. When I read the "End of Greys" arc, I thought that a conversation about that tragedy between her and Jean was bound to happen when Jean eventually came back to Earth. It didn't happen, and to this day it still does not happen.

Scott and Nathan had many interactions, Emma talks with the Cuckoos in almost every issue of Marauders, even Shaw and Shinobi shared a moment. But god forbid Jean and Rachel having an actual dialogue on-panel.

The answers Jordan has been giving about them are very vague. I don't think there's an interesnt in the X-Office to develop a relationship between Jean and Rachel, sadly.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/02/08/x-...and-jean-grey/
    aitp1.JPG
    Last edited by Starchilde; 08-23-2021 at 10:12 AM.