Page 473 of 719 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 10783
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Jean Grey is the first host to have lasted for so long, the first Feron connecting with the Phoenix just for a brief moment. It’s logical that Jean Grey changed the Phoenix, creating for this force a need, a craving for human emotions… Jean Grey is its “old coat”, the one it knows so well, that fits it perfectly. It can wear something else but it has its preferences…
    Plus her vast psionic powers make her the perfect avatar. Jeen knocked down Galactus with her siphoning powers. In the future she took down for Silver Surfers and Galactus.

I think Jean was the prime host sue not only her powers, but her empathy and compassion. Her character. She sacrificed herself to save her friends. So she was the best person to save the universe from crazy D’Ken and the M’Kraan Crystal. It’s a combination of power and character.

The Phoenix does not want Madelyne, who has poor character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Everything is old canon, once our dollars are in marvel hands the stuff established in these comics will always be meaningless continuity when compared to the future issues the intend to sell us, the next book for sale will always hold the latest shiny (swear to god this time it’s true) canon.
    Very true. Sometimes the latest canon isn't shiny, but it's still the canon, like this Marvel Girl "Phoenix-was-a-controlling-boyfriend" take on Jean. It's what counts for now. Though I think people will rightfully look back on it unkindly.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Forget what the canon says, what really matters is that Jean Grey as Phoenix is a guaranteed moneymaker wherever and whenever she shows up, this is why she continues to appear in every movie, cartoon, and video game even when her actual presence in the comics is spotty at best. Hell, all of the variant covers they commissioned for Phoenix Resurrection could have probably made for an omnibus edition all by themselves, if only they'd have spent a fraction of that effort making the actual comic inside any good. On the other hand, every time they've tried to pair the Phoenix Force with another character it's always been met with resounding indifference, who the hell even knows what they're trying to do with it now. So in the future maybe they will finally wise up to the fact that all the people who are buying all the Jean variants and merch might also be interested in buying comics that feature her on the inside too.
    She'll get her comics respect one day. I think we have a fan in Cates and he'll get a turn on the X-books at some point over the next decade and Jean will get to actually flex her badassery for once.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-25-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Forget what the canon says, what really matters is that Jean Grey as Phoenix is a guaranteed moneymaker wherever and whenever she shows up, this is why she continues to appear in every movie, cartoon, and video game even when her actual presence in the comics is spotty at best. Hell, all of the variant covers they commissioned for Phoenix Resurrection could have probably made for an omnibus edition all by themselves, if only they'd have spent a fraction of that effort making the actual comic inside any good. On the other hand, every time they've tried to pair the Phoenix Force with another character it's always been met with resounding indifference, who the hell even knows what they're trying to do with it now. So in the future maybe they will finally wise up to the fact that all the people who are buying all the Jean variants and merch might also be interested in buying comics that feature her on the inside too.
    Interestingly enough, Jean trended today on Twitter because of the news "according to insider Daniel Richtman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will see Wanda face off against a popular character from Fox's defunct X-Men film universe." Apparently, quite a few people are either predicting or wanting it to be her. It's very unlikely, though.

As I was reading the tweets coming in tonight, I was thinking about how much this character means and has meant to me and many other fans throughout the years. It dawned on me just how iconic she is. (I can find something to love deeply about every iteration of her.) I suppose that's why there's always a handful of envious kooks who feel the compulsive need to knock her down a peg. It's amusing, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interestingly enough, Jean trended today on Twitter because of the news "according to insider Daniel Richtman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will see Wanda face off against a popular character from Fox's defunct X-Men film universe." Apparently, quite a few people are either predicting or wanting it to be her. It's very unlikely, though.

As I was reading the tweets coming in tonight, I was thinking about how much this character means and has meant to me and many other fans throughout the years. It dawned on me just how iconic she is. (I can find something to love deeply about every iteration of her.) I suppose that's why there's always a handful of envious kooks who feel the compulsive need to knock her down a peg. It's amusing, though.
    Who do you think is stronger.FOX Jean(w/ or without Phoenix) or MCU Wanda.Wanda doesn't have the life force amp in MCU but is still doing stuff at that level and has the infinity stone connection w/ her witch stuff and now has the darkhold.
    And do you think MCU Jean will be stronger than her

To rephrase my original question: How was young Jean able to control the White Hot Room - in effect, the Phoenix Force's "mindscape" - after it killed her because it wanted "to get her out of the way"?
    Teen Jean explains that Emma’s piece was probably the reason why she couldn’t be ejected.

If you look at your scan, you can clearly see the Phoenix piece in the midst of her forehead.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 08-25-2021 at 09:51 PM.

BANNED

If that’s true there’s only two Fox X-Men they would last more than a second with Wanda. Phoenix/Jean and maybe Magneto. Not worth having her fight anyone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Teen Jean explains that Emma’s piece was probably the reason why she couldn’t be ejected.

If you look at your scan, you can clearly see the Phoenix piece in the midst of her forehead.
    Phoenix piece in her forehead?

I don't remember her explaining that Emma's piece of the Phoenix was why. I feel like I would have hated that moment.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-25-2021 at 11:01 PM.

BANNED

Edit: dagnabbit, double-post, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    If that’s true there’s only two Fox X-Men they would last more than a second with Wanda. Phoenix/Jean and maybe Magneto. Not worth having her fight anyone else.
    She's gonna fight Victor.

I'll just use your own words to reply to this ^:

What a conundrum! Anywho...

I am sorry you feel this way, truly I am, but Jean's dominance over the Phoenix Force, along with myriad other abilities and mysteries into her infinite power, was established, re-established, certified, and stamped with APPROVAL by Jordan D. White and Co. when they confirmed that time-displaced teenage Jean is none other than current Jean Grey herself.

It actually makes me tingle knowing this is established canon and nary a pessimistic fan nor an overt, or covert, for that matter, detractor can erase this from being the case.

I'm off to complete more work!
    Wasn't it actually established by White that current Jean doesn't (i.e. a nice way of saying can't) do everything Teen Jean could do? In that specific moment I'm quoting, he was talking about her pink form power, but that probably goes for reconstituting herself with TK (not omega at that in new canon) and any number of other badass things Teen Jean was not afraid to do; like try to fight Galactus.

Don't even ask him about the telekinetic godhood in her blood thing. He'd probably give you a Thanos-esque, "I don't even know what you are talking about".
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-25-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

*sigh* I do miss Jean and the Phoenix being handled by competent writers give the pair of them to Ewing he knows how to write cosmically powered Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    *sigh* I do miss Jean and the Phoenix being handled by competent writers give the pair of them to Ewing he knows how to write cosmically powered Heroes.
    I absolutely agree. Bring Jean Grey to S.W.O.R.D. I also think—that looking at the charts—Ewing and S.W.O.R.D. needs more A-list mutants and a renaming of the series, to make it sell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Jean on SWORD would be golden.Although it won't happen because she's on X-men.
    Specially since we already have Ororo and Cable there.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    TP = Mental Powers.
    Jean's TP = Infinite.
    Mental Powers 7 = Infinite Mental Powers.
    So, yes, Jean is a 7.

You are assuming Jean's TK category is a by-product of her TP. As per Hickman, they are 2 different mutations. 2 different progression. Which means, 2 different power sets.

If TK is a by-product of TP, then an Omega Level TP should also an Omega level TK. Which means, there should not be an Omega Level TK to begin with. Just Omega level TP.

My 2 cents.
    Hi, I HATE HICKMAN! I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING HE DID TO THE X-FRANCHISE. So, taking in count his vision is NOT even a thing for me. Her TK has always existed separated from her TP. Jean don't have infinite mental powerS: infinite mental powers = Legion with an infinite psionic powers at his disposal(TP/TK/matter/energy/space/time/reality manipulation). You confuse her having an infinite amount of psionic energy in TP with an infinity of PSIONIC POWERS which is not the same thing!!! Also, the old stats, from Jim Lee's period before this new one, gave her a 6 not a 7 as like I said!!!

I’m so happy Jean has level 7 infinite metal powers. it’s official and marvel even put it on a cover in order to help people better understand. Thank you marvel
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

How was teenage Jean able to control the White Hot Room - in effect, the Phoenix Force's "mindscape" - in Jean Grey #11 even when it fought and rejected her?
    Considering that Jean Grey has been written by different authors, you can’t consider that, if you add everything, the result is consistent.

I like when it’s consistent, logical, well-written… so, considering the entity called “the Phoenix”, I go for the vision of one author, in this case Alan Davis and the Excalibur issue "All You Ever Wanted To Know About Phoenix...But Were Afraid To Ask".
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Re: the Teen Jean conclusion:

Teen Jean does offer a possible explanation in the scan that was posted but it was just a theory. It wasn't proven or stated if the sliver of the Phoenix Emma kept that Ghost Jean had her collect helped. It may have. If I recall correctly that phoenix fragment/sliver seemingly shot out of Teen Jean in the previous issue and it was like a beacon calling the Phoenix force over so for me it was unclear if she still had it or not.

I'm not sure it matters either way if that helped or if there was another reason Teen Jean could control the WHR or have any influence on it - whether it was her powers, her intimate connection to the Phoenix, etcs.

What I loved about this wild story was the inclusion of Ghost Jean (our Jean), the Phoenix stating outright that our Jean was the perfect host and vessel and that her power and influence over the phoenix was unmatched. That made the whole thing worth it for me. Anything that deepens the connection is good even though writers always mess with the Phoenix and often contradict themselves.

It was a fun story and I loved seeing the psychics teaming up against the Phoenix. I just love it when the psychic characters work together.

The Teen Jean solo gave Jean Grey yet another phoenix story (same with the Phoenix Resurrection story) though they didn't end the way I would have wanted, it still added to the mythos.