Page 476 of 719 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 10783
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Well, you can hate hickman all you want, but at this point that is status quo. I am not the one confused apparenlty.

Jean has been established as Omega level in the 2000s. That Level 6, i think someone mentioned it was 1991(?). So JEAN IS A 7. Deal with it.
    Jean is Omega in Telepathy, so she has infinite TP.
    David Haller is Omega in Power Manifestation.

They are both Omega. So stop downgrading Jean when it's already written in stone.
    I don't downgrade her! Jean doesn't possess ALL psionic powers! She has TK & TP no more. So, she can't be classified as having infinite mental powerS when she has a dual psionic power! That's why I gave the example of Legion who has infinite mental powers because he has an unlimited amount of psioinic powers he can create! So, I don't think it's me who are confused when you can't read what the Power Ratings explained on these cards!

Since y'all were discusing the rumor, honestly i doubt Kevin Feige would let a character and concept that just recently got severely damaged from a movie that flopped hard in all aspects like Dark Phoenix appear in the successful world he build up, Xavier or Erik makes sense because the actors that played them are respected and fan favorites, nothing against Sophie Turner but never liked her as Jean.

The MCU will obviously have their own Jean Grey and start the phoenix concept in a better way when the time comes, as Jean deserves after those two fox movies that have butchered the comic story.

I hope the rumour is untrue.. I'd like to think Kevin Feige would never allow a member of the wish.com version of the X-Men aka the Fox-Men into the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To be fair to Jean SHE WAS GOING TO DIE in her immediate future and she knew it herself, sounds like it was inevitable, xorn was just a “pawn” in a bigger cosmic game

This is very profound. Be aware of one's life and death. But I can't understand why the other beings didn't allow her to stay longer and who these other beings were. Considering she's in the White Room.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    This is very profound. Be aware of one's life and death. But I can't understand why the other beings didn't allow her to stay longer and who these other beings were. Considering she's in the White Room.
    I always thought the other beings could be the other phoenixes in the WhR
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    [S]he can't be classified as having infinite mental powerS... So, I don't think it's me who are confused when you can't read what the Power Ratings explained on these cards!
    She may have been the first mutant to be classified as having just that - "infinite mental powers" - in 1968...

She's a 7...

7 = "Nearly infinite mental powers; immeasurable." (It does say "nearly," so you do have somewhat of a point.)

The circular insanity of it all is sometimes just...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Since y'all were discusing the rumor, honestly i doubt Kevin Feige would let a character and concept that just recently got severely damaged from a movie that flopped hard in all aspects like Dark Phoenix appear in the successful world he build up, Xavier or Erik makes sense because the actors that played them are respected and fan favorites, nothing against Sophie Turner but never liked her as Jean.

The MCU will obviously have their own Jean Grey and start the phoenix concept in a better way when the time comes, as Jean deserves after those two fox movies that have butchered the comic story.
    This could be a way to introduce her into the MCU like they did with Black Panther in Civil War, and then later they can give her a proper origin story in her own movie. There's no way that they are going to just bring in the Fox version of the character into the MCU canon though, and they definitely will need to recast her with someone who has a bit more acting chops and star quality. The big issue with casting honestly is that, while a lot of the male actors who get cast in superhero roles love to gush about how they devoured superhero comics as kids and feel so privileged to play their idols on screen and what not, pretty much all of the actresses who have been cast in these films seem indifferent at best towards comics, and it really does show in their performances.

I would rather Jean get her own Marvel limited television series, seeing as they would be able to delve deeper into her origins and history.

As I make my way through X-Factor for the second #JeanGreyFeats thread on Twitter (@Jean_RED_Grey), I was struck by this comic strip-worthy sequence between Jean and Bobby. Jean is too cute sometimes. NOTE: Sans telepathy, her telekinetic powers have also been downgraded. Considering the fact that she was redirecting active missiles, lifting multiple tons of steel, and anchoring to Earth a space balloon containing the entire team just on the edges of Earth's orbit, lifting a fence should have been nothing for her, but I digress. (See next post for the aforementioned feats.)

Fantastic Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She may have been the first mutant to be classified as having just that - "infinite mental powers" - in 1968...

She's a 7...

7 = "Nearly infinite mental powers; immeasurable." (It does say "nearly," so you do have somewhat of a point.)

by definition from Oxford, immeasurable is infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    by definition from Oxford, immeasurable is infinite.
    Well, there you go then.

Edit: For some reason I thought you were Frederic, hence the the gif, lmao.

Last edited by Mercury; 08-27-2021 at 07:04 AM.

Borderless and animated. :chef's kiss:

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I would rather Jean get her own Marvel limited television series, seeing as they would be able to delve deeper into her origins and history.

As I make my way through X-Factor for the second #JeanGreyFeats thread on Twitter (@Jean_RED_Grey), I was struck by this comic strip-worthy sequence between Jean and Bobby. Jean is too cute sometimes. NOTE: Sans telepathy, her telekinetic powers have also been downgraded. Considering the fact that she was redirecting active missiles, lifting multiple tons of steel, and anchoring to Earth a space balloon containing the entire team just on the edges of Earth's orbit, lifting a fence should have been nothing for her, but I digress. (See next post for the aforementioned feats.)

I think the actual feat is, as Iceman says, that she didn't break the connections...in effect, it's like she makes it malleable on a molecular level before setting it back in place with its normal rigidity properties...almost similar to the level of fine control that Magneto would display.

That's why Jean says she was showing off

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I think the actual feat is, as Iceman says, that she didn't break the connections...in effect, it's like she makes it malleable on a molecular level before setting it back in place with its normal rigidity properties...almost similar to the level of fine control that Magneto would display.

That's why Jean says she was showing off
    Yep. I never saw Jean’s tk being downgraded in this era. I’m pretty sure her tk grew since her early days. She has a lot of cool tk moments in X-factor imo. Most are basic stuff like moving things or heavy lifting stuff but still good. I like the basic uses of tk more than abstract molecular stuff but that’s just me. I do like that Jean can do both though.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 08-27-2021 at 09:38 AM.