Page 478 of 719 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 10783

I love everything about Weezie's Jean too, she was complex and also relatable. X-Factor vol.1 may be one of my favorite books.

xfactor jean.JPG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    It’s a possibility. Not an inevitability. We don’t know what the story will have.

But the conversation is not based on what-if Wanda had a sudden upgrade. It’s based on what she’s shown so far. So, again, this conversation stating “writers write what they want” is irrelevant. You’re not proving Wanda stands a chance by stating, “but it could happen”.
    Because this kind of absurd debate you have decided your favorite character win, while I know these are fictional characters and whatever outcome the writers want will happen. Jean was killed by Logan who managed to survive her disintegration long enough for him to stab her in the Last Stand.

In Dark Phoenix she fought Magneto. She won, but the fight was not over an instant. In late because that’s would be no action and horrible storytelling.

I am a writer and I know things about story structure and things that have to happen. Television and screenwriting are formulaic and any hardcore film watcher knows this
    For purposes of action a s visual affects Jean would not be allowed to easily defeat Wanda, even if she could defeat her. Dr. Strange is the hero of the movie, so I assume as the hero he would be able to talk Wanda out of it or stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Just a quick note since you are comparing original X-men Jean to X-factor Jean when you get more into X-factor you will see more of her tk feats that are similar to the ones posted. For example in X-factor 28 Jean redirects "smart bombs" and smashes them together - earlier in the issue she deflects rocket blasts. I have such a soft spot for the X-factor years. I love the original X-men and I love how they feel like a family (though dysfunctional at times). It is not a perfect series and Jean has some dramatic moments for sure (the inevitable relationship drama between her and Cyclops).

Again my fav feats are when Jean hits an enemy with something from the environment like throwing a hotdog stand at one of the horseman of Apocalypse (X-factor 25) or uprooting a tree and throwing it at a horseman (X-factor 19) etc.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 08-27-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Again my fav feats are when Jean hits an enemy with something from the environment like throwing a hotdog stand at one of the horseman of Apocalypse (X-factor 25) or uprooting a tree and throwing it at a horseman (X-factor 19) etc.
    I like Jean doing a blindside with a massive Ankh

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Just a quick note since you are comparing original X-men Jean to X-factor Jean when you get more into X-factor you will see more of her tk feats that are similar to the ones posted. For example in X-factor 28 Jean redirects "smart bombs" and smashes them together - earlier in the issue she deflects rocket blasts. I have such a soft spot for the X-factor years. I love the original X-men and I love how they feel like a family (though dysfunctional at times). It is not a perfect series and Jean has some dramatic moments for sure (the inevitable relationship drama between her and Cyclops).

Thank you for the heads up!

Also, in terms of versions of Jean that I love, in addition to the legendary writers listed, including Claremont, I truly do love the work of Bendis, Hopeless, and Taylor. They wrote her so dynamically and managed to add new shades and facets to her core attributes. I unabashedly and unapologetically love how Percy wrote her and can see myself growing to love Duggan if he continues to write her the way he has.

From X-Factor #31 when she and Scott approach Freedom Force and Crimson Commando thought he was doing something using a gun against the prime telekinetic
    xfactor31.jpg
    Last edited by Starchilde; 08-27-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Mercury;5704163]I think the one that may be having problems "read[ing] properly" is you. A) She was classified as having "infinite mental powers" - that's a direct quote - by Computo in 1968. Additionally, the requirements for being a level 7 in the Jim Lee card set are "Nearly infinite mental powers; immeasurable," per the power levels card key. Finally, in this particular card set, mental powers could be referring to either or both the sub-powers umbrellaed under, in her case, telepathy and telekinesis, of which there are myriad and maybe even infinite amounts, and her level of power in telepathy, which has an "undefinable upper limit," i.e., is infinite.

This old quote didn't refer to the same thing that we talked since 3 days. It's because of the requirements for being LV 7 that she WAS NOT classified as a LV 7 in the old stats but instead LV 6! Isn't it? They changed it recentely but it's completely stupid because she has a dual psionic abilitity not an infinite number of psionic ability because she doesn't possess all psionic powers!

Fridric, I find your communication style and use of exclamation points too cute to argue with any further, lol

Also, Jean possesses all psionic abilities. She is the fulcrum, the nexus of all psionic POWAH!

BANNED

Fridric, I find your communication style and use of exclamation points too cute to argue with any further, lol

Also, Jean possesses all psionic abilities. She is the fulcrum, the nexus of all psionic POWAH!
    Really? That's interesting can I have the comic where they state that

BANNED

[QUOTE=fridric;5705025]
    I think the one that may be having problems "read[ing] properly" is you. A) She was classified as having "infinite mental powers" - that's a direct quote - by Computo in 1968. Additionally, the requirements for being a level 7 in the Jim Lee card set are "Nearly infinite mental powers; immeasurable," per the power levels card key. Finally, in this particular card set, mental powers could be referring to either or both the sub-powers umbrellaed under, in her case, telepathy and telekinesis, of which there are myriad and maybe even infinite amounts, and her level of power in telepathy, which has an "undefinable upper limit," i.e., is infinite.

This old quote didn't refer to the same thing that we talked since 3 days. It's because of the requirements for being LV 7 that she WAS NOT classified as a LV 7 in the old stats but instead LV 6! Isn't it? They changed it recentely but it's completely stupid because she has a dual psionic abilitity not an infinite number of psionic ability because she doesn't possess all psionic powers!
    Bruh 7 means imeasurable mental power jean has immeasurable telepathic ability as per cannon This is why she is an omega telepath also synch stated that jeans power is immeasurable when they were doing the tree house session in xmen.... So you seem to get it wrong. If a mutant has a psionic ability and said ability has no upper limit they would register as a 7 regardless of psionic ability be it, cryokinesis, atmokinesis, biokinesis, telekinesis, matter manipulation, pyrokinesis, telepathy, reality manipulation, egrokinesis.....etc. if you posses no upper limit to any of these you would register as a 7 because 7 means basically infinite or immeasurable, infinite powers refers to psionic powers with no limits not that the person has all psionic powers on an infinite scale... It is literally simple English.

BANNED

Also question if Jean already has immeasurable basically infinite power doesn't that mean the pheonix can't amplify her powers only draw out the potential? Because I keep think about it and an omega level mutant getting amped doesn't make sense as like how do you amp the immeasurable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Also question if Jean already has immeasurable basically infinite power doesn't that mean the pheonix can't amplify her powers only draw out the potential? Because I keep think about it and an omega level mutant getting amped doesn't make sense as like how do you amp the immeasurable.
    Or maybe the Phoenix with its cosmic awareness shows her what was possible and what she could do with those infinite mental powers? Previously Jean didn’t know she could atomize things, rearrange the atoms of anything, fly through space including hyperspace , open up portals, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Or maybe the Phoenix with its cosmic awareness shows her what was possible and what she could do with those infinite mental powers? Previously Jean didn’t know she could atomize things, rearrange the atoms of anything, fly through space including hyperspace , open up portals, etc.
    I guess you may be right I made a posted a thread about it and it seems like people have also been thinking about it too and for a matter of fact how all the omegas actually factor out their power.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I guess you may be right I made a posted a thread about it and it seems like people have also been thinking about it too and for a matter of fact how all the omegas actually factor out their power.
    I am guessing, since jean is human after all, as she reaches phoenix level powers too fast on her own, it will take a toll on her body and sanity. So the Phoenix protects her from imploding.

Jean probably need to build up her mental muscle to eventually get to that point without the Phoenix's help. This In line with what the cosmic beings were afraid of in X-Men Forever (when the Omega classification was made official), that mutants can evolve to cosmic beings as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I am guessing, since jean is human after all, as she reaches phoenix level powers too fast on her own, it will take a toll on her body and sanity. So the Phoenix protects her from imploding.

Jean probably need to build up her mental muscle to eventually get to that point without the Phoenix's help. This In line with what the cosmic beings were afraid of in X-Men Forever (when the Omega classification was made official), that mutants can evolve to cosmic beings as well.
    Wait which comic do the cosmic being state their fear of the xmen