Page 479 of 719 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I like Jean doing a blindside with a massive Ankh

X-factor #58 for those who might want to look the issue up.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Also question if Jean already has immeasurable basically infinite power doesn't that mean the pheonix can't amplify her powers only draw out the potential? Because I keep think about it and an omega level mutant getting amped doesn't make sense as like how do you amp the immeasurable.
    Interesting question that we may never get a straight answer for, but I like to think what made Phoenix/Dark Phoenix so powerful and dangerous was the fact that the phoenix had merged with a very powerful psychic. Perhaps this is why Jean was said to have had such an impact/influence on the Phoenix.

I would love it if they directly tied Jean's connection to the phoenix to her omega level telepathy -or show a connection with the pre-history Phoenix - either one. Of course it might be better to leave well enough alone with the Phoenix for now. I like that we have a version of Jean at her most powerful and she is sans Phoenix (though for me being Phoenix never took anything away from Jean but was additive).

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Wait which comic do the cosmic being state their fear of the xmen
    X-Men Forever #3, the same issue Jean finds out Xavier determines she and Iceman to be Omega Level mutants since their teen days

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    X-factor #58 for those who might want to look the issue up.
    Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Because this kind of absurd debate you have decided your favorite character win, while I know these are fictional characters and whatever outcome the writers want will happen. Jean was killed by Logan who managed to survive her disintegration long enough for him to stab her in the Last Stand.

In Dark Phoenix she fought Magneto. She won, but the fight was not over an instant. In late because that’s would be no action and horrible storytelling.

I am a writer and I know things about story structure and things that have to happen. Television and screenwriting are formulaic and any hardcore film watcher knows this
    For purposes of action a s visual affects Jean would not be allowed to easily defeat Wanda, even if she could defeat her. Dr. Strange is the hero of the movie, so I assume as the hero he would be able to talk Wanda out of it or stop her.
    The problem with that is you are having an entirely different conversation from the one I was having with the other person. This is a theoretical based on what they’ve shown to be capable of, not saying writers are incapable of changing the outcome.

You are saying Wanda wins cause the writer makes it so. Okay, but that wasn’t what the user was basing their conclusion on to begin with. They were talking about what Wanda was shown to be capable of.

When that change does come to Wanda’s character, she will be identified for what she is at that point. The story has not come out yet. So she will be identified as powerful as she was in WandaVision, not what she could be in a hypothetical scenario where not even the sky is the limit.

More from X-Men Forever...conversations between The Stranger and Jean, and also Eternity and Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    I am guessing, since jean is human after all, as she reaches phoenix level powers too fast on her own, it will take a toll on her body and sanity. So the Phoenix protects her from imploding.

Jean probably need to build up her mental muscle to eventually get to that point without the Phoenix's help. This In line with what the cosmic beings were afraid of in X-Men Forever (when the Omega classification was made official), that mutants can evolve to cosmic beings as well.
    This is it. The Phoenix has the vast cosmic knowledge Jean doesn’t have. So Jean would need to build up mental muscle and knowledge to get to that level without the Phoenix force’s help. She’s made progress, though.

The Phoenix also boosts her tk which is not considered Omega anymore. She tends to use her telekinesis more when she has the Phoenix

I agree with the idea that Phoenix (for Jean, strictly speaking) isn't a power boost so much as it's an awareness boost. Jean says as much to Bobby in regards to his "level up" during X-Men Forever, and confirms she gets that same kind of revelation from her memories as Phoenix

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Goddess! I had nearly forgotten just how tedious Claremont's writing could be and bordering on full-blown fan-wankery. His XMF was just one huge XM:What if...? And off-the-rails atrocious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Goddess! I had nearly forgotten just how tedious Claremont's writing could be and bordering on full-blown fan-wankery. His XMF was just one huge XM:What if...? And off-the-rails atrocious.
    You mean the other volumes right? Because Volume One was not written by him.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There were more than one version of that hot mess?

I definitely got them mixed up then...still...based on those pages, I'm not about to change my mind, at all.
    I mean, it's there on the page but...My Goddess!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-28-2021 at 11:28 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Claremont x-men forever has nothing to do with the first x-men forever, they just share a similar name
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Question her power at your own peril...